This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Raceways Info

The Pacific Raceways Road Course is a world-class, SCCA and NASCAR certified, 10-turn (9 turns with a "kink" in the main straightaway), 2.25-mile course.
    The 170 MPH front straight is at an elevation of 150 feet above sea level. There is a total elevation change of 125 feet, of which 100 feet occurs in 1/2 mile, between turn 2 and turn 3B.
    Winding through natural wooded terrain, it's sweeping curves and hairpin turns make it one of the most unique and challenging courses in the United States.
    In 2005 turn 9 was completely rebuilt, with a new radius, a relaxed apex, better drainage, and all new pavement. This project also included a catch fence protecting the corner of Grandstand A.
    Visibility has been greatly increased for the racer, which should heighten everyone’s enjoyment as cars speed through this turn.

Track Address:
    Pacific Raceways
    31001 144th Ave SE
    Kent, WA 98042

Attached Files

Here's a video clip of me doing a lap of Pacific Raceways in a stock '99 Miata:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idsrCU9Qfi0

It's a fun track, especially for well handling cars. It's a track that keeps a driver busy. Don't screw up, the short runoff area in some sections ends where the forest begins!

Comment

Hey Mike,
      I am up in seattle for work for the next month with no car. Where is the best place for go karting around here?
      John
      #522 996 Spec / GTS3
      JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Comment

Originally posted by JC3D View Post
        Hey Mike,
        I am up in seattle for work for the next month with no car. Where is the best place for go karting around here?
        See Don Kitch at Proformance racing school. They have rental cars available for the track.

Lotus Elise and Chevy Cobalts I believe.

It is a great track, I ran it several times when I lived up there.

Be careful at the high speed kink at the end of the straight. As long as you are on the gas it is fine but if you lift you spin.
        Corvette Specialty C6
        Life is like a race, the best times win!

Comment

Originally posted by JC3D View Post
          Hey Mike,
          I've done very little karting here but there are a number of indoor kart places in the greater Seattle area.

I've been here:
          www.sykart.com it's in Tukwila, WA (not far from SeaTac aiport). It's a good place, I really have nothing bad to say about it.

I also know of K1 Speed karting track in Redmond, WA. www.k1speed.com/seattle_location.asp
          I've never been there so I can't say much about it.

I'm sure there are other indoor tracks out here.

Hope this helps!
          Last edited by MikeColangelo; 03-02-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X