Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

2013/11/30 Wild Horse Pass MotorSports Park - Main Track A ProAutoSports, Inc. event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013/11/30 Wild Horse Pass MotorSports Park - Main Track A ProAutoSports, Inc. event

Miata vs Corvette: the link below features front and rear facing in-car video of a physical encounter at an HPDE event in the Phoenix metro area -- my dear little '95 Miata track/street car was bitten badly in the right hind-quarter by a big and very fast ZO6 Corvette just as I reached the apex of a 75 mph corner. Actually it was a rather minor incident as these things go, and I actually drove the Miata back home to Tucson from Phoenix after a few hours of work at the track by a good race mechanic convinced me the car could limp home if I was careful with it. But it took a couple months to fully repair the Miata, including replacement of the entire rear sub-frame and some rather fancy body work. The Corvette unfortunately left the track on a flat-bed truck but did not appear too terribly torn up at the left front where it hit my Miata, and I found out later that it was fully repaired. And the driver of the lovely near-new Vette was a true first-class citizen who immediately accepted full responsibility for the track incident and provided the $s I needed to repair my Miata, which came out of the extensive right-rear surgery just fine and handles exactly as it did previously and is just as quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ZD...cVhrVDghmW-NwQ
Working...
X