replied
    Originally posted by Force McCocken View Post
    I just peed a little.
    We included a roll of orange duct tape.

Leave a comment:

• Force McCocken
    replied
    Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
    Sold as a roller to a SoCal NASA racer that will run PTE/E3.
    I just peed a little.

Leave a comment:

• redtopz
    replied
    99 Miata "Crusher"
    Prepped for NASA PT, TT and enduro
    2012 national champion in PT, TT and enduro (Thunderhill 25 hour winner)
    Over 20 race wins
    15 lap records, including 2012 nationals at Mid Ohio in PT and TT
    Some sample lap times in PTC trim
    Laguna Seca 1:39
    Sonoma 1:47
    WSIR 1:29
    BW13CW 1:56
    Mid Ohio 1:36
    MMP outer loop 2:10
    Auto Club Speedway 1:50
    Hallett 1:25

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6215[/ATTACH]
    These lap times in addition to it's enduro performances make it the most impressive miata I've ever seen. I think Emilio found a sweet spot for the power to weight for that chassis.

Leave a comment:

• Pure EvoIX
    replied
    I still can't believe it did 1:29 at wsir and 1:56 at BRP 13CW... insane. I am doing it wrong...

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Can you divulge who bought it?

Leave a comment:

• Pure EvoIX
    replied

Leave a comment:

• emilio700
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rhouck
    replied
    I'd be impressed if he could find another car with those exact specifications at any price!

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    ^^^ Wrong. But why don't you go out today and try to buy, for $12K to $13K, an '04 AP2 in excellent condition with 43,500 miles, factory CR wing and front lip, rollbar, harness bar, seats converted to accept 2 Schroth 6-point harnesses, fire extinguisher, two sets of OEM wheels, one with almost new Star Specs and the other with almost new NT-01s, and perfect soft top, which was owned and taken care of by one of the most anal guys I ever met. There was tape on parts of the wheels to keep the brake dust off . . .

BTW, I took my new (to me) S2K to Tony Fuchs to check it out before I bought it. He was amazed by the condition of the car, said it was "very clean," told me I should buy it, and said it was a "good deal" (or was it "great deal"?). All that after Tony tried to sell me a well-built track day rolling chassis with a blown motor, taking into account the cost of a new motor. When he saw the car I bought, he totally dropped that idea.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 09-28-2013, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• emilio700
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Emilio's guesses appear to be based on what S2Ks cost 3 or 4 years ago, when he was actively supplying the S2K track community with 6ULR wheels. Prices have gone up significantly since then, especially in the last year or so with the economy being better, the stock market at all time highs, the real estate market being hot, etc. The market for good condition, relatively rare and desirable sports cars is up now.
    So you paid too much then. $17k

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Don't ask me how, but I know with a 99.99% degree of certainty what Richard paid. Still, I will not spill the beans. That is up to Richard. Nonetheless, the above numbers are well off the mark.
    Emilio's guesses appear to be based on what S2Ks cost 3 or 4 years ago, when he was actively supplying the S2K track community with 6ULR wheels. Prices have gone up significantly since then, especially in the last year or so with the economy being better, the stock market at all time highs, the real estate market being hot, etc. The market for good condition, relatively rare and desirable sports cars is up now.

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    What's next?

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    You drove in track, started a thread about your purchase and are the duly self appointed (oligarchical) sheriff. Um, I think that has everything to do with why you won't tell us why you paid $12,000 for it. Oil told me he heard of fb that you paid $13,000 but I don't believe that.
    Don't ask me how, but I know with a 99.99% degree of certainty what Richard paid. Still, I will not spill the beans. That is up to Richard.

Regardless, the above numbers are well off the mark.
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 09-28-2013, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• thepass
    replied
    Richard, I do believe you're trolling. *golf clap* You see it so infrequently on this forum I almost didn't recognize it. I'm on to you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X