Silverstone Classic Historic Race - Awesome onboard with Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone Classic Historic Race - Awesome onboard with Mini

This video has been popping up and I watched it during lunch today. So awesome! Race starts at 6 minutes.

Note: Nothing for Richard to see here. It requires full attention for almost 30 minutes.
    Just a guy racing stuff. #GetSickTour
    FacebookInstagram

who's more annoyed, the mustangs or the minis?
    -Anthony
    1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
    2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque

Comment

Great racing and just want to point out that I love the gentleman nature shown during this historic race...

Comment

Great fun to watch. Sounds *****in too. I think I would have attempted about 10 more passes on the outside of the Mustangs. He would lift to make an inside pass stick but blow his drive down the next straight over and over. Pulling my hair out. "OUTSIDE, OUTSIDE!"
        WWW.949RACING.COM
        SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
        But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Originally posted by OJR View Post
          Note: Nothing for Richard to see here. It requires full attention for almost 30 minutes.
          Hey!!! I watched almost 3 minutes of it . . . Seeing the original Mini race cars reminds me that the current "Mini" is about twice the size of the original.
          The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
          1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
          2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
          2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Gets dicey when that huge Galaxie or Fairlane comes up from behind. Jesus, that car looks enormous from the Mini's cockpit!
            Yer pal,
            Force

Comment

FWD handing is f*ing weird.

Comment

Originally posted by jnathan68 View Post
                Great racing and just want to point out that I love the gentleman nature shown during this historic race...
                Agreed! It is fantastic to watch. Besides the nostalgia of the cars, it is amazing to watch how hard they go and genuinely not want to touch panels.
                Yer pal,
                Force

Comment

Reminds of the the saloon class racing in the British Touring Car Championships of yore.

"Jolly good fun":

BSCC Crystal Palace 1964 - YouTube

Comment

I am looking forward to some vintage action like this in my B sedan car which is 95% complete. Here is a shot at the exhaust shop this week :banana

:Click image for larger version

Name:	511mufflershop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	558.0 KB
ID:	229233

Comment

Working...
                    X