Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeColangelo View Post
    You have a cool job! Sweet.

I like the TR650. Mine is the Strada which is the street version. It's also a lot different from the TE449 in the magazine article. Here's what my bike looks like:
    2013 Husqvarna TR650 Strada

I've had it for about a year and have put just over a 1000 miles on it. The engine is basically a BMW G650 unit with a Husqvarna head. Plenty of torque and very smooth. The worst thing I can say is that the bike is a bit heavy at just over 400 lbs, but I realize "heavy" is a relative term. The thing I like most is that it's a very modern bike. Full instrument cluster, fuel injection, electric start, ABS, etc. Plus, you don't see them everyday so they're kind of unique. It's a great bike for commuting and cruising around.
    Right before I picked up my DRZ400 SM, I had considered the Husqvarna. They had the TR650 for $5500 brand new at a local dealer last summer, seems like a lot of value for the features on the bike. How is the bike over longer distances?
    Scooby: E85 powered 1992 NA6 w/ NB1 Swap Time Attack Build
    Scrappy: SuperMiata & Autocross Rental Build
    Good-Win Racing | Singular Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln Logs View Post
      Right before I picked up my DRZ400 SM, I had considered the Husqvarna. They had the TR650 for $5500 brand new at a local dealer last summer, seems like a lot of value for the features on the bike. How is the bike over longer distances?
      Yeah, I got mine on sale. I'm not sure these bikes ever sold for MSRP or above, haha.

My longest ride was about 100 miles. The bike did fine but at sustained highway speeds I really could have used a windscreen. The wind beat me up a bit. Also, the seat wasn't objectionable but I could tell that my butt would be in pain if I did a day-long ride. Other than that, no real issues. It has plenty of passing power and a decent sized gas tank.

Comment

Working...
      X