Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showroom Showdown @ WSIR: C8 v 911

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...deo-all-stars/

Seems almost too fast. Stopwatch error? Still, Andy Pilgrim now has two very unofficial top 3 finishes.

Top 50 WSIR Lap Times
    1. 1:18.555 (Billy Johnson; FXMD NSX; Yok Slicks; ~600whp/~2800lbs w/driver; May 09; Video)
    2. 1:23.54 (Bill Brinkop; 99 ST2 Corvette; A6; 387 whp/3180lbs; 2/28/15, NASA Socal)
    3. 1:23.812 (Bob Blizzard; Spec truck; Goodyear 11" slicks; 486rwh/2800 lbs w/driver; Aug 29, 2004)
    4. 1:23.905 (Robert Hall; GT2 Corvette; A7; 470whp/3145lbs; 3/17/18, SCCA Majors link)
    5. 1:24.20 (Oli thordarson/Alvaka, 2002 C5 Corvette; Pirelli DH; 420whp/3003 lbs w/driver; 3/19/2017, Video)
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 03-30-2020, 05:44 PM.

In the article it says SOWS. Misleading because some of the footage was at WSIR. But you can clearly see when he's doing the stop finish times on his very unofficial cell phone, it's SOWS, clockwise.
    Join the 2011 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series

Comment

Hey, Nammy: long time !!!!!! You still tracking ?

as for c8. That’s not a good lap time. 1:23 is slower than both GT350 and SS 1LE (by a big margin). I wonder if the z51 package has the PS4s?
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by NammyBoy View Post
        In the article it says SOWS. Misleading because some of the footage was at WSIR. But you can clearly see when he's doing the stop finish times on his very unofficial cell phone, it's SOWS, clockwise.
        I sure wasn't paying close enough attention. Thanks . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
          Hey, Nammy: long time !!!!!! You still tracking ?

as for c8. That’s not a good lap time. 1:23 is slower than both GT350 and SS 1LE (by a big margin). I wonder if the z51 package has the PS4s?
          Hey William! I took a long break during residency, but was able to squeeze in a season of NASA TT4 in Utah during my enfolded fellowship / elective year. Now I'm in Jacksonville, FL for cerebrovascular fellowship, which is pretty busy. My plan was to hit some cool tracks out here. I was able to make it to Daytona and Road Atlanta. Want to drive Sebring for sure, but not sure if that will be possible in the time I have left thanks to the COVID outbreak. The S2000 is still going strong.
          Join the 2011 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series

Comment

Originally posted by NammyBoy View Post

Hey William! I took a long break during residency, but was able to squeeze in a season of NASA TT4 in Utah during my enfolded fellowship / elective year. Now I'm in Jacksonville, FL for cerebrovascular fellowship, which is pretty busy. My plan was to hit some cool tracks out here. I was able to make it to Daytona and Road Atlanta. Want to drive Sebring for sure, but not sure if that will be possible in the time I have left thanks to the COVID outbreak. The S2000 is still going strong.
            Lots of bucket list tracks near you. Have fun in Jax.
            www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
            X