rainy, how's your car acting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
    I know that place you're talking about. It's fun ****. I think I like the other side better though. 605N to 60W. Lol!
    that's a 2-lane 3rd gear corner

i bet u also know 605N to 10W, it will be fun if u dip ur wheel into the gutter and enter the ramp at 45+mph

so many good ramps
    Jaku 峠

Comment

Another for the truck as a DD club.

The Tacoma 4x4 does great in the rain, but where I live snow is just a few miles away. Hit the fire access trails and you become Colin McRae, bouncing through mud puddles, snow drifts, and driving sideways in the valleys. Good stuff!

My actual DD is a Ford Escape (company car) with part time AWD. It handles the rain pretty good, but like the rest of you chaps, I like to step the rear out. Even in the dry. That's easy working out in the low desert (Thermal, Mecca, Salton Sea) where empty, dusty farm roads are the norm. Need to make a u-turn? Just yank the handbrake, slide a few dozen feet, then pitch it into a 180 before mashing out. Very Starsky and Hutch!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jaku View Post
        that's a 2-lane 3rd gear corner

i bet u also know 605N to 10W, it will be fun if u dip ur wheel into the gutter and enter the ramp at 45+mph

so many good ramps
        I usually use 2nd gear for that corner. I think... Or was it 3rd. Lol! I've done the gutter move on the 605N to 10W before. Fun times.
        Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
          I usually use 2nd gear for that corner. I think... Or was it 3rd. Lol! I've done the gutter move on the 605N to 10W before. Fun times.
          I guess it's my short gears S2000 or torquey GTI, not beneficial to shift down to 2nd for a long downhill corner

Sometimes my data logger shows good things not shifting down cos my shfiting skill aint DSG nor SMG
          Jaku 峠

Comment

Good to see we have so many truckers here. truck series anyone? j/k
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	716.7 KB
ID:	224938

Comment

Originally posted by Jaku View Post
              I guess it's my short gears S2000 or torquey GTI, not beneficial to shift down to 2nd for a long downhill corner

Sometimes my data logger shows good things not shifting down cos my shfiting skill aint DSG nor SMG
              I'm in 2nd because I don't have enough torque at corner exit. So I need to keep my RPM at 4K or higher.
              Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
                Good to see we have so many truckers here. truck series anyone? j/k
                We should definitely race our pickups!
                "The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses" -Mario Andretti

Comment

I wish I had fogs or HIDs. I can't see anything in the rain at night.
                  Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by thefrush View Post
                    We should definitely race our pickups!

Mine is too high and would roll over on the track. But up behind Big Bear or out in Johnson Valley there are MILES of desert road just waiting to be rallyed!

Comment

Working...
                    X