This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welcome mini owners!

sebring is one of my favorite tracks.. was out there for the 12hr...

robbie
    Montinola Racing | www.montinola.com
    Silicon Valley Racing | www.DriveSVR.com
    Driver Coaching :: Private Track Events

Comment

• well when you make it back our way let us know ahead of time and you will pick up 3 volunteer pit crew gophers. We are all race fans, want to be race car drivers, and generally like hanging out at the track!
      Jamie

2004 Indi Blue MCS (Monty) Blue Flame catback, K&N Blue CAI Typhoon, Minspeed 15% pulley, BC coilovers, M7 USS, Minspeed 19mm rear swaybar, Hawk HT10 brake pads (one bad a$$ track ride)

Comment

• Originally posted by LgEnf View Post
        well when you make it back our way let us know ahead of time and you will pick up 3 volunteer pit crew gophers. We are all race fans, want to be race car drivers, and generally like hanging out at the track!
        sounds good, should be back there racing in the star mazda race in 09..
        Montinola Racing | www.montinola.com
        Silicon Valley Racing | www.DriveSVR.com
        Driver Coaching :: Private Track Events

Comment

• My name is Robert and I'm a total noob when it comes to HPDE. I recently went to SOW CCW and had a blast. I cannot wait to get back out on the track. I have a Honda S2000 that I love. I hope to see you all out on the track!
          Robert Hall
          #57 Pacific Auto Recycling Center Corvette
          Pacific Auto Recycling Center

Comment

• Hi everyone... I hate that it took a tragedy for me to find this forum, but at first glance looks to be pretty cool.

My name is Stacy, and I organize DE and Time Trial events for the Triangle Z Club/Tarheel Sports Car Club in North Carolina. I also own and operate Asphalt Ventures lapping days (just started that this year.) I have very strong beliefs about on-track safety, and I will argue "til the cows come home" as they say here in the south.

I hope to provide constructive comments on any thread I think I can contribute to.

My current daily driver and track car is an '87 BMW 325 with an '89 i motor/drive train, Turner chip, Sport suspension, sport seats modified for 6-point harnesses, 4-point roll bar, and RA-1's. I also have experience in older and new Z cars and a variety of other cars I've had the pleasure of taking out for a few laps here and there.

FWIW... my best time on VIR Full Course to date is a 2:25.8 during our time trial last week. Here's a video for your viewing pleasure: http://trianglezclub.smugmug.com/gal...070_HZXDh-A-LB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Stacy King
            HPDE Co-chairman - Triangle Z -- Tarheel SCC
            Owner - Asphalt Ventures
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Welcome Robert and Stacy!
              Raceline USA

Comment

• Name: Doug Brown
                Cars: 2005 Lotus Elise and 2003 50th ann. vette (daily driver)

Met Manly, Mike, AJ, Tim and Im sure a number of others on this site through the Lotus Challenge Series. Before the series, Ive never been on the track. So far the community has been great and Im looking forward to more events and meeting more people online.

Lets see...no pictures of my car b/c Im at work.

Check out videos Ive made on Youtube that feature my car and the series.

www.YouTube.com/Dmbrown34
                2005 Lotus Elise LSS
                2003 Corvette
                www.LotusChallengeSeries.com

Comment

• DOUG! Welcome the the addicts forum.
                  AJ - Akua Solutions - #128 Lotus Exige - MonkeyWrench Racing - Carbonetic - Innovative Mounts - Toyo Tires - JRZ Suspension - TW Research Development

Comment

• Name: Leo Chen @ RENSports
                    Home: San Mateo, CA
                    Car: 1993 240sx
                    Experience: Couple of HPDEs
                    Favorite tracks: T-hill, Buttonwillow, Infineon

Met Jaku last weekend at Buttonwillow. Always been working with Charles on his 240, too bad still have lots of issue... haha, we'll work on it.

Currently rebuilding the engine, should be good in July, hope to see you all at the track again.

Last edited by liliechen; 06-06-2008, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Welcome on board Leo. Leo is my super mechanic, without him, i wouldnt survive a track day with my problematic 240, lol! Thanks much also for the nice photo shots!
                      Charles K. Ng

Professional Racing Page:
                      http://www.charlesngracing.com

Driving Videos:
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/ngcharleshk

Facebook Fan Page:
                      http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Char...5341531?ref=ts

Comment

• Name: Frankie
                        Home: Tustin, CA
                        Car: 07 Hyundai Accent

Was searching around for a good track forum and found this place. Only tracked my car at SOW. Planning to head out to the bigger tracks by the end of this summer. Looking forward to see some of you guys in the future.

Last edited by 0.o slow 1.6; 06-18-2008, 03:08 AM.
                        Milkshake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 0.o slow 1.6 View Post
                          Name: Frankie
                          Home: Tustin, CA
                          Car: 07 Hyundai Accent

Was searching around for a good track forum and found this place. Only tracked my car at SOW. Planning to head out to the bigger tracks by the end of this summer. Looking forward to see some of you guys in the future.
                          Sweet! That's the first Hyundai I've seen at the track...although I suspect we'll be seeing a few of these soon:

Comment

• Name: Tim
                            Home: LA
                            Car: 2006 Acura RSX-S

Started tracking early 2008, then got addicted. Done most event at Streets of Willow.

Comment

• My name is steve and I am a trackaholic.

I have been around racing since I was born. My dad did autocross and SCCA for a long time. Later when I was able to drive instead of just wrench, we moved on to the IMSA Firehawk series. I worked at Nissan Headquarters for 18 years until they moved to Nashville. Then I started my own shop.

I have driven quite a lot of different cars on track. I have a Skyline GT-R that makes 530 WHP, my Time Attack 350Z and had a 300ZX that made 577 WHP. I build and maintain my own cars as I have for over 30 years.

Currently I am a wrench twister and slow cockpit spacer. When I was young I was a bit faster, but now that I know too much, I slowed down. So I put the Stuntman in when I want my car to go really fast.

If you want you wheels to point in the right direction, then hit me up.
                              We point your tires in the right direction!

Comment

• Name: Kenny Bryant
                                Home: Anaheim Hills
                                Rides: 07 STI (rip) 05 STI 04 ZX-10r 02 Buell X1 lightning

Hello all just wanted to introduce myself, ive been at the track all of my life. My pop is a former ama superbike champ and raced pro during my first 8 years or so finishing up his career in the suzuka 8 hr. 1988. i currently own with my pop AREA P where we mostly manufacture private label exhaust systems for all types of bikes/cars ect, i also own ALLIANCE FABRICATIONS in which i mostly build higher end offroad trucks/ cars (ie cages, suspension, turnkeys). I have always had some form of powersport in my life wether dirt street water snow ect, and my latest craze for the past couple of years has been road race. so with my second and def. more potent suby i hope to enjoy the twisties with you all.
                                some car pics and specs

Suspension / Brakes / Wheels

Do-Luck 8-point Sub-frame
                                Whiteline G4 coilovers (corner balanced by West End)
                                Group N Strut tops
                                Whiteline camber bolts kit
                                Whiteline rear diff locking bolts
                                Cusco front strut tower bar
                                Cusco rear strut tower bar with tri-brace
                                Cusco rear frame stiffener bar with OEM 2006+ STi rear diffuser
                                Cusco engine and tranny mounts
                                Cobb 25mm swaybars front and rear (w/ reinforced mounts)
                                Perrin Endlinks – front and rear
                                WHEELS: Volk TE-37 LE – 18x9 40 offset
                                TIRES: Falken azenis RT615 245/40/18
                                Goodrich SS brake lines
                                Motul RBF600
                                Project Mu SCR-PRO rotors fr and rear
                                Ferodo DS2500 brake padsfront and rear
                                Hotchkiss adj. rear lateral links
                                Whiteline anti-lift kit
                                Whiteline rear crossmember/diff bushings
                                Cusco master brake cylinder stopper/support

Engine / EM / Turbo / Cooling / Exhaust

Ultimate Racing GT30R kit w/ Tial 44mm EWG – turbo is wrapped
                                Ultimate Racing CAI relocated maf into fender well
                                Ultimate Racing upipe
                                Ultimate Racing dp w/ custom fab EWG dump tube
                                Random Tech Hi-Flow Cat
                                Heat Wrap
                                Greddy Type-S BOV – recirc’d back into intake
                                Koyo 3- Row Aluminum Radiator
                                Perrin Fuel Rails w braided ss lines
                                Walpro FP GSS342
                                PE 850cc injectors
                                Samco hoses
                                EM: Ecutek EASYECU w Delta Dash data logger via laptop
                                Hallman Pro Boost Controller (set at 1.3 bar)
                                Spearco Huge TMIC
                                Greddy SP2 Catback
                                Iridium Plugs
                                Greddy Oil Catch Can
                                Zero Sports Radiator cooling plate/shroud

Transmission

SPT/STi short shifter
                                Kartboy shifter bushings (all of them, including the rear pivot bushing)

Interior/Electrical

Apexi turbo timer
                                Apexi Grounding system (w/ some custom additions)
                                Defi BF Gages w/control unit/data logger – EGT, Oil P, Boost
                                Gruppe-S carbon pod
                                sP engineering 2 Point Intake Air Temp (pre and post intercooler)
                                PLX-R500 WBO2, g-meter, knockscope, egt and Data logging
                                Pioneer avp4000 touchscreen headunit
                                MBQuart Premum speakers: 6.5” and 5.25” (w/IA spacers)
                                Minimal use of Ensolite and Dynomat – just the right spots
                                STI black floor mats
                                Lightweight stage .01 (haha) removed spare tire and jack cause i got aaa

Exterior

Clearbra – Rockblocker
                                JDM STI front lip
                                APR Carbon Fiber front Wind splitter w/rods
                                Kamaneri Roof Fins
                                OEM rear diffuser (w/ Cusco rear stiffener as noted above)

Comment

Working...
                                X