X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    My name is Antonio, I live in LA.
    I drive an 88 e30 m3 at the various willows
    Experience is with the local DE groups, bmwcca and poc.
    Last edited by antgon; 05-15-2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Howdy all. I'm Andrew, and I've been a motorsports addict for a while now.

Started out in karts, made the west coast Red Bull driver search runoffs in '04 and '05, and then decided to pursue the driving on more of a hobby-level, as opposed to the full-blown competition path I was on.

I still have my most recent kart, an '06 Italkart Rapido with an NCK Stock Moto-spec CR125. Still good for a hell of a thrill (and a workout!).

My daily driver/track rat/autocross car/everything machine is my '94 Miata, which has been my high-school/college project car. Bought the car bone-stock in July '06, and completed the turbo install just under a year later. Small turbo (Garrett GT2554R), Megasquirt standalone EMS, full 3" exhaust, racing seats/buckets/rollbar, fire suppression, Koni Race shocks with GC sleeves and sky-high spring rates, and 15x8 6ULs with 225/45 NT-01s. It is an absolute blast, my pride and joy, and the reason I get up in the morning. Last dyno was 219whp at 14psi peak, tapering to 11psi at redline. It's been retuned and retimed recently, and it's up to 15psi peak, 15psi to redline. Estimated at around 235whp. All on pump gas.

Looking forward to the site.
      Theseus: '94 Miata, NASA SU/TTU (in progress)
      Rover: '90 Miata, NASA PTE/E3

Comment

welcome, awesome kart and miata. Where do you live? That miata should be pretty damn quick. I used to have an 02 with 210whp.
        AJ - Akua Solutions - #128 Lotus Exige - MonkeyWrench Racing - Carbonetic - Innovative Mounts - Toyo Tires - JRZ Suspension - TW Research Development

Comment

Welcome Andrew. I may have some questions in the future, as I intend to go the opposite direction as you, and see about turning a hobby into a competition path.

I recognize the location of your first pic...
          "The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses" -Mario Andretti

Comment

Awesome Miata and Kart man. Welcome!
            Raceline USA

Comment

Good to see another Miata guy on the forum! Welcome to all newcomers.

Comment

Hi, just registered today. Somebody over on ClubRSX pointed me in this direction. My name is Jim Dozier and I have been tracking my daily driver RSX-S for about 2 years in HPDEs with Chinmotorsports, mostly at Sebring (13). I did one at Homestead and a couple at Barber Motorsports in Birmingham. I made the jump to R-compound tires about a year ago and now I'm addicted.

Last edited by justjim; 05-21-2008, 04:03 PM.

Comment

^^ Welcome Jim! Sebring is one of my dream tracks to run some day.
                  "The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses" -Mario Andretti

Comment

Name: Billy Johnson
                    Home: San Clemente, CA
                    Car: 99 BMW M3, 92 Acura NSX, 01 Miata, whatever anyone lets me drive..
                    Experience:
                    -4 years of Karting (SDKA, IKF Region 7, Stars of Tomorrow -ICC)
                    -NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill, NASA & SCCA Races, BMWCCA, POC, FDC, etc...
                    -9 years of professional racing (Skip Barber Western Championship, Skip Barber National Championship, Formula BMW USA, Star Mazda Pro Series, Speed World Challenge TC, Grand Am Cup/Koni Challenge ST & GS, Grand Am Rolex GT)
                    -4 years driver instructing for Skip Barber and now mostly do private instructing for Ford Mustang Challenge, Ferrari Challenge, Grand-Am, National, Club, and HPDE drivers.
                    -More HPDE/track days than I can remember.
                    -Oh, and I can't forget 3 years of Time Attack events!
                    Favorite track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca & Mosport

I have already met a lot of you in the past, and look forward to meeting and working with more of you in the future. If you see me at a track, swing by and say hi!!!

-Billy Johnson: www.BillyJohnsonRacing.com

http://user.streetfire.net/profile/BillyJohnson.htm

Can't forget: "Billy-style"

Last edited by Stuntman; 07-09-2009, 08:38 PM. Reason: Update information and pics

Comment

• Wow!! That is one impressive resume. And I heard you are still in your teens, even more impressive. Congrats!

Comment

• naw he is a big boy at 21 now. He can actually enjoy the champagne when he wins everything.
                        AJ - Akua Solutions - #128 Lotus Exige - MonkeyWrench Racing - Carbonetic - Innovative Mounts - Toyo Tires - JRZ Suspension - TW Research Development

Comment

• Hey everyone

Names Dave and I drive an S2000. I heard about this sight from some guys over at S2ki after my last trackday at Willow so I thought I'd come on over! Its awesome to find a track only forum. I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing you at the track!

Hey Billy! I met you last year at Willow I think at a Speedventures event... I can't exactly remember what you were driving, but I remember chatting with you about your NSX and some other things. Hope to see you again soon.

Chao guys!

Comment

• Name: Jeff Tyler
                            Home: Orange County, CA
                            Car: E36 325is
                            Experience: Karts, Skip Barber formula cars, Spec Miata, lots of modified street cars, a few purpose-built Time Attack cars, Formula SAE, development testing with MazdaSpeed, I do private instruction, and instructed at Skip Barber. I currently drive for Berk Technology and other companies in TimeAttacks, do private instruction whenever I can, and am in school working on a Mech E degree at CSUF. I also have worked in GrandAm Cup and on the FactorX TimeAttack cars as a chassis setup consultant/engineer. My dad is a race engineer professionally, and this has given me the chance to work on a few Atlantic and IndyLights race teams as well. I love being at the track, driving, cars, my girlfriend, driving, figuring out how to make cars go faster, driving...
                            Favorite tracks: Laguna, the Nordschleife loop of the Nurburgring, beautiful & glamorous Buttonwillow Raceway.
                            Tracks that scare me: Tracks don't scare me, over-caffeinated HPDE drivers do

Here are some videos:
                            http://vimeo.com/2904537

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OZWDPYfcxZM

Manly - Hey, you showed me the 'rain line' through T1 at Streets a few months ago, if you remember me. Awesome website, glad to be here!!

And some pictures:

Last edited by J. Tyler; 01-22-2009, 12:50 AM.
                            HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
                            HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
                            HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
                            Buttonwillow dorifto
                            Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
                            100cc TonyKart @ Adams
                            125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

• Jeff, good to have you here!!!!
                              Of course I remember you. I remember you from the 2007 BW RTA.
                              Haha, that was a pretty scary line that I showed you. I wouldn't want to try that again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
                                Jeff, good to have you here!!!!
                                Of course I remember you. I remember you from the 2007 BW RTA.
                                Haha, that was a pretty scary line that I showed you. I wouldn't want to try that again.
                                :rofl

Yea, I think you nipped me for 3rd at BW that time? Or maybe you got 2nd and somebody else nipped me for 3rd

Great site man! Hope to see you at the track soon.
                                HP Autowerks 335i - 1st Place @ RTA Las Vegas 2010
                                HP Autowerks 335i @ Buttonwillow - 1:59.1
                                HP Autowerks 335i @ Laguna Seca
                                Buttonwillow dorifto
                                Lexus IS-F @ Chuckwalla
                                100cc TonyKart @ Adams
                                125cc TonyKart Shifter @ Apex

Comment

Working...
                                X