• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi to everyone,

Name: Justin Heil
    Home: San Diego
    Car: Caterham Seven Superlight
    Experience: Started autocrossing in a Mustang in 2000, Driving school and events with SVTOA in 2001, and track days with Speedventures in a C5 Z06 since 2003. The Z06 was too fast for me, so got a little Caterham last summer. Thinking about joining some type of racing series, preferably with lower-powered cars!
    Favorite track: SOWS

Comment

just registered with TrackHQ,
      i plan on getting back into driving again , and want to hit a few track days.
      looks like track days have really blown up in the last few years. i used run Redline, Speedventures events alot. but started a family.so i took almost three years off. i havent signed up for an event yet , but im sure ill see you guys out there soon.
      i like this forum btw

old pic and old car from 04 or 05
      Last edited by urban; 05-07-2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Name: David Beas
        Hi to everyone,
        Car: 03' 350z
        Experience: Started about 2 years ago in my setra spec-v at SOW, then that was hit by a drunk so I got a 350z. Went to Gymkhana usa last april, MSA Z autoX day 2 weeks ago. having a blast
        Favorite track: SOW(its the only one ive been on)

I was introduced to this site by Team 5 Racing

Comment

Welcome to TrackHQ everyone!
          Last edited by JDMxDB8; 05-10-2008, 02:38 AM.
          Raceline USA

Comment

good to see you on here leonard

it's alex

Comment

Hey guys,

Name: Tim van der Linden
              Home: Sherman Oaks
              Car: Mini Cooper S
              Experience: did some auto-x a while back and have been doing monthly hpde's for the last 6 months.
              Favorite track: Buttonwillow, although SOW is great and I don't need to buy new pads every time I go there!

Comment

Originally posted by lttletimmy View Post
                Hey guys,

Name: Tim van der Linden
                Home: Sherman Oaks
                Car: Mini Cooper S
                Experience: did some auto-x a while back and have been doing monthly hpde's for the last 6 months.
                Favorite track: Buttonwillow, although SOW is great and I don't need to buy new pads every time I go there!
                Welcome to TrackHQ Tim! I'm Matt.
                Raceline USA

Comment

Hello,

My name is Ed and I am a full-blown track addict. I've attended several S. Cali tracks in my car and bike in the past couple years and I can't get enough. I'll seriously start convulsing if I stay away from the track too long...

Name: Ed
                  Home: LA, CA
                  Car: '04 Honda S2000 (S/C'd) and '03 600RR (sold... )
                  Experience: HPDEs at WSIR, SOW, HTM, California Speedway, and Buttonwillow. Willow Springs Balcony & El Toro Air Force Base for drifting.

Bunch of track videos (both car & bike) at:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=edhandle

Comment

Sold the RR? Bummer. I sold my F4i about a year and a half ago. Couldn't go long though... I bought an '08 CBR600RR three months ago. Love those canyons!

Keep driving and keep riding!

Comment

Welcome to TrackHQ Ed! I'm Matt.
                      Raceline USA

Comment

Hi all,

My name is Tony Garcia. Username, TonyG, and I am a track addict.

I'm in Santa Clarita CA and run Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, and California Speedway primarily.

I currently run a red 944 turbo with a LS1 engine, but have run many other 944 turbos & 911's in the recent past.

Here's the current car:

www.TonyGarcia.org/944V8

Comment

Originally posted by TonyG View Post
                          Hi all,

My name is Tony Garcia. Username, TonyG, and I am a track addict.

I'm in Santa Clarita CA and run Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, and California Speedway primarily.

I currently run a red 944 turbo with a LS1 engine, but have run many other 944 turbos & 911's in the recent past.

Here's the current car:

Welcome Tony! Nice 944.
                          Raceline USA

Comment

Name: Robbie Montinola
                            Home: Dublin, CA (originally from Laguna Niguel, CA)
                            Car: 03 BMW M3, 06 Tacoma TRD, 80cc Shifter Kart, and some racecars..
                            Experience: 8 years of professional open-wheel racing (Star Mazda, Formula BMW USA, Barber Dodge Pro Series, Skip Barber National Championship, Skip Barber Western Championship), 5 years as a driver coach (for Skip Barber and privately for teams, drivers, etc), and 10 years of HPDE/track days...
                            Favorite track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Cool forum! Hope to meet/work with some of you in the near future. In addition to racing and private coaching, I own a company called Silicon Valley Racing which hosts VIP track events that are geared towards High Performance Drivers Education (aka Driving School). A team of professional driver coaches work with drivers with sports cars, exotics and racecars to accelerate their driving skills. This is the best way to build a solid foundation and continue to improve in the car in a safe and controlled environment.

I'm also involved in the Tuner industry as a marketing consultant. I formerly ran the marketing for DSport Magazine, TPR Magazine, Import Drag Racing Circuit, etc... I'm glad the industry is been more involved in road racing the past few years and hope to see it continue to grow!

Look forward to participating on the board!

Robbie Montinola => www.montinola.com

Last edited by MontinolaRacing; 06-23-2008, 10:04 PM.
                            Montinola Racing | www.montinola.com
                            Silicon Valley Racing | www.DriveSVR.com
                            Driver Coaching :: Private Track Events

Comment

^^ Welcome! Look forward to the opinions and insight from someone who has done the things I aspire to do.
                              "The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses" -Mario Andretti

Comment

Name:Randall Ly
                                Home: Irvine, California
                                Car: 1996 240sx
                                Experience: I have been going to hpde's for about 2 years or so. I am working as a defensive driving coach for a company called Masterdrive which was formed by Ronn Langford.

Hoping to maybe get into some open wheel racing later on, but who knows

I try to go to as many track days as I can, always open to learning new things, always wanting to go faster.

I wish I was fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X