• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olitho
    replied
    Originally posted by XCLR8TN View Post
    Hi,

My name is Jessica and I'm a newb from Ohio! Just helped out 949 this past weekend at the T25 and decided to see what this forum was all about.

I'm building a 91 LS6 Miata and hoping to get on track to get it sorted in the spring. I will probably lurk more than post
    '

Welcome Jessica.

Watch out for The Sheriff in these parts.

Leave a comment:

• XCLR8TN
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
    Welcome Jess!
    Lookiing forward to see that mean Green machine of yours rolling around under its own (ridiculous amount of) power
    As soon as it does, you know where it's headed! aiming for Spring time...

Leave a comment:

• Blackbird
    replied
    Welcome Jess!
    Lookiing forward to see that mean Green machine of yours rolling around under its own (ridiculous amount of) power

Leave a comment:

• XCLR8TN
    replied
    Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Welcome Jessica. I think I have a few photos of you and the crew from last weekend. Feel free to post, not many of us have experience crewing at the 25.
    Thank you for the warm welcome, guys

The 25 was my FIRST real race experience. It was a great time! Do you have a thread with pics?

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Welcome Jessica. I think I have a few photos of you and the crew from last weekend. Feel free to post, not many of us have experience crewing at the 25.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Hi,

My name is Jessica and I'm a newb from Ohio! Just helped out 949 this past weekend at the T25 and decided to see what this forum was all about.

I'm building a 91 LS6 Miata and hoping to get on track to get it sorted in the spring. I will probably lurk more than post
    Jessica: welcome to the forum !!

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Hi,

Nice! I think you picked the right LS engine. Chances are it will take quite a while to get sorted out though.

Leave a comment:

• XCLR8TN
    replied
    Hi,

Leave a comment:

• Deepdish
    replied
    Originally posted by Bueller View Post
    So thats a piece of your front undertray? Thought it was somewhere around your LR. I had the same issue when i used to have my OEM undertray, a part of it was missing some clip/screw and it would drag. Funny thing is i didnt know until a friend of mine told me while he was watching me drive on track. I think i have a pic or video clip of it somewhere. I drilled some extra holes and zip tied that mother.
    Where is the sticky in this place to remind newbs like me that all of life's track quirks can be fixed by the mighty zip-tie!!!!!!
    yep its the rear end portion of the front undertray, its just goes past the front wheel base but optics in the photo make it look deeper than it is.

Leave a comment:

• Bueller
    replied
    Originally posted by Deepdish View Post
    Its the dreaded one screw goes missing from plastic undertray disease.
    Funny thing I have shaken my head at other cars on the road for having this plastic flappy thing hanging and ruining its aesthetics.
    So thats a piece of your front undertray? Thought it was somewhere around your LR. I had the same issue when i used to have my OEM undertray, a part of it was missing some clip/screw and it would drag. Funny thing is i didnt know until a friend of mine told me while he was watching me drive on track. I think i have a pic or video clip of it somewhere. I drilled some extra holes and zip tied that mother.

Leave a comment:

• Deepdish
    replied
    Originally posted by Bueller View Post
    Nice pic. Whats that thing thats nearly touching the ground? Maybe its just the angle of the pic and its actually not that close to the ground?
    Its the dreaded one screw goes missing from plastic undertray disease.
    Funny thing I have shaken my head at other cars on the road for having this plastic flappy thing hanging and ruining its aesthetics.

Leave a comment:

• Bueller
    replied
    Originally posted by Deepdish View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5141[/ATTACH]
    Nice pic. Whats that thing thats nearly touching the ground? Maybe its just the angle of the pic and its actually not that close to the ground?

Leave a comment:

• Deepdish
    replied
    Waving you buy my right

Heya finally doing the intro as I have now acquired some seat time on track.

Name: Fernando
    Car: 01 Miata
    Track experience: Fastrack Motorcycle riding at Willow in the early/mid 90's. Always wanted to do the automobile as well and here I am. I did my first track on the Miata with Speed Ventures/Cali Speedway last week Nov 17 and now itching to do more and more and more!
    Id like to thank the members who have written some good tips on Autos and track information here. Good stuff thanks!

Last edited by Deepdish; 11-24-2012, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vetteguy2005
    replied
    Check out 949 racing. Emilio and his friends that have been remarkable with Miatas and winning endurance races. They won the 24 hours of thunder hill in Nor Cal. I think they won with 5 cars in 5 classes in one race!

I would love to do another chump car event. Very fun group. I have run with them twice. Lemons 3 times, we broke the top 20 with fueling and pit troubles. That was in the E 30. I am still a big guy, but creative about seating arrangements. I will stay in touch and look forward to your vids here when you get the project done.
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• tstiles
    replied
    Tom , I guess you never know what's going to pop up on a forum.

Thrilled to see that you've caught the addiction , and that your doing great in the golf biz. Speaking of golf biz , I'm beginning to do some temp / interim / project work for some folks so let me know if you guys need anything. I just did a little deal for Harker , It's always great to work with the old gang again.

The arrowhead picture , I've got bad news , we were moving about a month ago , I was going thru a bunch of stuff , and found the framed print ... It did not make the move.

You like endurance racing : I love endurance racing. We had a team that won the 24 @ Moroso back in the late 90's ... Nothing else quite like it ... you need to come down here and do some ChumpCar with our team. I'm with a group of guys that run an old frankenstein celica . It's not fast and it breaks alot , but we have a good time and we sometimes sneak up on the podium.

Very cool to see that your doing some SCCA / NASA ... Let me know how it goes

All the best ! Trey

Leave a comment:

Working...
X