X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robburgoon
    replied
    I'd like to out a lurker. Dan English lurks here and gave me **** about stickers yesterday!

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    Lime Rock and Watkins Glenn. My salivary glands are in hyperactive mode.

Leave a comment:

• paradocs98
    replied
    New member here. I'm a physician from Long Island, NY, who started tracking two years ago. I absolutely love it--it's where I spend my time and money since I don't play golf, gamble, fish, hunt, surf, sail, rockclimb, etc. I now have 25+ trackdays under my belt and am running in high intermediate with SCDA, NASA, and various PCA groups here in the Northeast. I frequent NJMP Lightning and Thunderbolt, Lime Rock (a fave since that was my first time ever on track with a Skip Barber school a few years ago), and Watkins Glen (my overall favorite). I'm looking forward to trying the recently repaved Pocono infield this Summer, and my dream is to eventually get to VIR and Mid-Ohio. My track car is my year-round work commuter/kid-hauler/grocery-getter/errand-runner, a 2011 M3 sedan. I adore this car--it's my only vehicle, and I don't think anything else could do so much so well. Pilot Super Sports for every day, Blizzaks for the Winter, and R comps for the track. I think m3post.com is no longer meeting my needs and interests (I was mainly on the track/autocross section there anyway), and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the community here.

Leave a comment:

• yourdreamgarage
    replied
    Your Dream Garage – SoCal LA’s No.1 Do-It-Yourself Auto Shop in Baldwin Park

We are “Your Dream Garage”, a self-service work shop for automobiles and motorcycles, located in Baldwin Park, California.

Our vision is to provide a “Dreams Come True” work space for everyone who likes to work on his or her cars or motorcycles.

We supply all the tools, including basic and specialty hand tools, test kits, air tools and electrical powered tools. We also have Lift, jack and other machinery shop equipments. As well as unlimited Alldata access, on board ASE certified mechanic to providing answers should you have any questions. All of these made us an 1- stop Do-It-Yourself Auto shop JUST FOR YOU.

We are offering you, the "Do-It-Myself" enthusiasts, an irresistible rate of $25/hr or $3.33 for every 5 minutes (for quick job) on an automotive lift, $15/hr for a stall bay which still including all the tools and equipments. Rates for motorcycles are $15/hr on a motorcycle lift or $10 for a stall bay (including wheel lift)
    Full day, half day or long term discount rates are also available.

Save yourself some time and money by Doing-It-Yourself. Have fun and get better quality of work at the same time.

We are currently taking appointments by phone or in person.
    Our online reservation system still needs some work but it will be ready very soon.

For More information, please visit our website: Your Dream Garage
    DIY Self serve do it yourself garage

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make an ugly woman your wife"

More exactly:

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
    Never make a pretty woman your wife
    So from my personal point of view
    Get an ugly girl to marry you

Calypso song - sung by Harry Belafonte and Jimmy Soul

Jimmy Soul - If You Want To Be Happy - YouTube - audio only
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 03-19-2013, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Been the happiest ever since with the Miata!
    Word.

Leave a comment:

• bluefrog
    replied
    Finally got the time to post here

Hi All,

I've been more than just a lurker after I decided to track the miata, but never really posted here.

My name is Ian and I work as an architect and I am from Alhambra, CA. I have been tracking cars since early 2006, and has been to almost all of the SoCal tracks and Laguna Seca. Very much enjoy driving at the track for leisure. It is the most effective stress relief for me and cheaper than speeding tickets for sure.

The car that I will always regret selling my entire life (went to the track quite often with this)

The commuter then

Those 2 was gone, then had this car for a bit (did not see any track, so I call it my withdrawal era car)

Then I am back on my feet again with this, started tracking again

The commuter now, and retired the evo from tracking and gave it to my dad for his daily use

Been the happiest ever since with the Miata! See you guys at the track!

Leave a comment:

• ETK
    replied
    Originally posted by rhouck View Post
    Which run group are you in? I know at least one other black 350 and two 370s (one black, one silver) that will be there as well
    I just switched from sat to sun, so not sure which group. I asked for purple or black.

Leave a comment:

• Bueller
    replied
    Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Welcome Erin, who is a dude.

Leave a comment:

• rhouck
    replied
    Originally posted by ETK View Post
    Hi Track people!I will be at Buttonwillow this Sunday, so I am sure I will see some of you out there![ATTACH=CONFIG]5393[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5392[/ATTACH]
    Which run group are you in? I know at least one other black 350 and two 370s (one black, one silver) that will be there as well

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Welcome, Erin, who is a dude.

Leave a comment:

• ETK
    replied
    Hi Track people!

My name is Erin (I am a dude) and I drive a 2008 350z. I go to a few track events per year, mostly with Speed Ventures in Southern CA. I am also having my father's old alfa GTV turned into a race car as a joint project with my Dad, and I hope to race with VARA at some point. I work in real estate research, specializing in new condominiums in the Western US.

I will be at Buttonwillow this Sunday, so I am sure I will see some of you out there!

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Originally posted by Scargod View Post
    I'm Glyn Churchman. I've been doing HDPE's in the New England area for two years or a dozen or so track days. I drive a track only, 2008 silver Subaru STi. Pictures can be seen here: 2008subarutrack.shutterfly.com Typically, you see me at Lime Rock or running with SCDA.

I am retired, but very active. I do all the work to my car that I can. I am in the process of building a second motor for my car.
    I have always enjoyed fast cars and racing. My older brother and I raced in the Lone Star Region of SCCA when we were quite young. After some soloing in a RX-7 R1 in the early '90's I sat on the sidelines until recently.
    I look forward to more track days and forays into TT's.

Welcome Glyn. Great to have a New Englander on TrackHQ.com.

Leave a comment:

• hakeem
    replied
    Welcome Scargod. Seems like quite a regression from the RX7 to an Fbody and a Subaru?

Leave a comment:

• Scargod
    replied
    I'm Glyn Churchman. I've been doing HDPE's in the New England area for two years or a dozen or so track days. I drive a track only, 2008 silver Subaru STi. Pictures can be seen here: 2008subarutrack.shutterfly.com Typically, you see me at Lime Rock or running with SCDA.

I am retired, but very active. I do all the work to my car that I can. I am in the process of building a second motor for my car.
    I have always enjoyed fast cars and racing. My older brother and I raced in the Lone Star Region of SCCA when we were quite young. After some soloing in a RX-7 R1 in the early '90's I sat on the sidelines until recently.
    I look forward to more track days and forays into TT's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X