X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name: Jared Goldbach
    Car: 2000 Mazda Miata LS

I have not actually been to a track yet. I am hoping that this forum will give me a little knowledge and insight as to how i should begin my dreams of attending track events.

Comment

Originally posted by swimming108 View Post
      Name: Jared Goldbach
      Car: 2000 Mazda Miata LS

I have not actually been to a track yet. I am hoping that this forum will give me a little knowledge and insight as to how i should begin my dreams of attending track events.
      Welcome aboard Jared!
      -Timothy

Exige S #777

www.T1Autobahn.com

Comment

Name: Bob Beamesderfer
        Car: 1994 CSP Miata [no longer trackable; took the roll bar out]; various others at MPG track day
        Experience: Solo, Streets of Willow, a few laps at Big Willow Springs, Cal Speedway infield
        Occupation: Road Test Editor, myride.com [autobytel's new site]

Would like to get a mutt, in other words, a daily driver/track car/rally-X car. All I need is money.
        Last edited by MX5Bob; 01-26-2008, 12:52 PM.
        +++++++++++++
        "The history of liberty is a history of resistance." -- Nadia Boulanger
        Member SCCA > Cal Club Region > Pacific Sports Car Club
        1994 CSP Miata [Hmm, what to do next ... ]

Comment

Originally posted by MX5Bob View Post
          Name: Bob Beamesderfer
          Car: 1994 CSP Miata [no longer trackable; took the roll bar out]; various others at MPG track day
          Experience: Solo, Streets of Willow, a few laps at Big Willow Springs, Cal Speedway infield
          Occupation: Road Test Editor, myride.com [autobytel's new site]

Would like to get a mutt, in other words, a daily driver/track car/rally-X car. All I need is money.
          Welcome to trackhq!
          Raceline USA

Comment

Hello Everyone!!!!!!!!

Name: Eric Paplia
            Car: 2001 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
            Experience: 1 Track day with SRT Motorsports (Nov. 2007)

First track day was a blast. Met some cool people, learned a lot about my car and myself as a driver. Look forward to the next one. Anyone else on here do the SRT track days?

Some pictures I gathered.

-Eric
            Last edited by epaplia; 03-25-2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Greetings

Hello, let me introduce myself, my name is Alex. I have an 85 Toyota Corolla GTS. It used to be a daily driver and weekend track warrior, now it's evolved into a strictly track only vehicle. I've put it up on cardomain site for all to see, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2971345 with the intention of competing in the 2008 GRM UTCC. I hope I get in.
              I've been doing open track and drifting for a number of years with this car, previously I had a Mazda RX3 that I drag raced. Then discovered Autox, and started autoxing the RX3, which really got the ball rolling. I then I got sucked into the AE86 Corolla, this is where I met Moto from Club4ag. I was actually looking for a s30 240z, but convinced me I should get a Corolla. From there I've been hooked on track days. I've been to all the Socal tracks and been having a blast. I've started to do 24 hours of lemons, and all i have to say it's so much fun. I hope to meet some of you on track.
              I've got time to waste so I post here.http://orangeadvan.blogspot.com/
              When I don't post I upload pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
                Welcome to trackhq!
                Thanks!

Alex, do you know Taka Aono?
                +++++++++++++

Comment

Yup sure do. I still chat with him every now and then. I'm sure you also know Yoshie and Hiro. I went with all of them to 03 nationals, his last national event before he went full time with drifting. Guy has alot of knowledge especially with corolla setup, so i'm always picking his brrain and taking notes. Even though he drift he hasn't lost his touch, I can never catch up to him when I chase him at an open track event.
                  I've got time to waste so I post here.http://orangeadvan.blogspot.com/
                  When I don't post I upload pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Originally posted by Alex5 View Post
                    Yup sure do. I still chat with him every now and then. I'm sure you also know Yoshie and Hiro. I went with all of them to 03 nationals, his last national event before he went full time with drifting. Guy has alot of knowledge especially with corolla setup, so i'm always picking his brrain and taking notes. Even though he drift he hasn't lost his touch, I can never catch up to him when I chase him at an open track event.
                    He knows that era of Corolla and the AE86 inside and out. His driving and setup ability raised the bar for those that followed in that Solo class. Once in a while he comes back out, but his sponsorship deals keep him busy.

Between Solo, Drifting, Time Attack, Track Days and Club Racing, SoCal is lucky to have events for all tastes, including those who enjoy more than kind of speed event.
                    +++++++++++++

Comment

I just discovered this forum today....what a cool place! Hi everyone!

Name: Chien
                      Home: Orange County
                      Car: 2005 Honda Civic Si
                      Track Experience: 8 HPDE's at Thunderhill, Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca
                      Favorite Track: Laguna Seca

I started doing HPDE back in 2005 with my weekend car, an NSX. I did a couple events with the NSX but not too seriously. It was a bit scary for a track noob running around out there in an expensive car, so at the end of 2007 I switched up and turned my daily driver into a dual-purpose car.

So now I'm out on the track running around in a gutless 2005 Civic Si with some suspension, brake and LSD mods. Car weighs 2900 pounds and has 160 hp, but I figure I'll spend this year getting as much seat time as possible, and when I feel I'm getting the most out of the engine then I'll do a motor swap.

My two favorite mods so far are my carbon LSD, and the second is my Traqmate data acquisition system. It's great checking out my videos and run data after the event and learning from them. I've done three Laguna events and have been shaving 5 seconds off my lap time each event I do there.

My best time at Laguna so far in the dry is a 2:00 minute flat, which was done on 320 treadwear tires ( they were calling for rain that day but it didn't show).

My best lap at Laguna in the rain was 2:15, done on Falken RT-615 tires ( it was suppose to be sunny all day, but the skies opened and it was pouring...go figure haha).

My goal is a 1:50 laptime at Laguna with my current setup, but I'll need to do some better driving, use the RT-615 tires, and I'll need more negative camber up front as I'm only running 0.9 degrees and rolled over the tires horribly at my last event.

Pic of me and my car attached.

Comment

Name: William Chen
                        Home: La Verne, CA
                        Car: 99 Miata, 02 FM turbo Miata, Beck's 550 Spyder
                        Experience: HPDEs at WSIR, CSW infield and Roval, SOW, Horsethief, BW, Riverside Jim Hall Karting schools, Bondurant School, BMW School.
                        Favorite tracks: SOW
                        Favorite mod: Traqmate data logger
                        Proudest driving moment: went from Paris to Nice (about 1,200km) in 6 hours flat, including 3 gas stops and 1 unscheduled stop (see next). Got passed by 28 cars. Received a ticket for 220km/hr, paid $300 fine. Best $300 I ever spent

done some ITC racing mid 80s in a 510. started HPDE couple of years ago.
                        Last edited by bellwilliam; 02-09-2008, 10:05 PM.
                        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                        13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                        17 GT350R
                        03 Miata Club Sport
                        96 NSX
                        06 EVO MR
                        15 Mini Cooper S
                        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Hello everyone,

Name: Si Tang
                          Home: Temple City, CA
                          Car: 1992 Civic (stolen) 2007 S2000
                          Experience: HTM, Bigwillow, SOW, BW, Spring Mountain, Cal Speed Infield
                          Favorite tracks: Buttonwillow

Comment

Originally posted by nsxtasi View Post
                            Hello everyone,

Name: Si Tang
                            Home: Temple City, CA
                            Car: 1992 Civic (stolen) 2007 S2000
                            Experience: HTM, Bigwillow, SOW, BW, Spring Mountain, Cal Speed Infield
                            Favorite tracks: Buttonwillow
                            Welcome! I used to live Temple City. I live in Alhambra now.
                            Last edited by JDMxDB8; 02-15-2008, 12:06 AM.
                            Raceline USA

Comment

Name: John S.
                              Home: San Diego, CA
                              Car: 05 Lotus half-breed supported by Titan tow-vehicle
                              Track Experience: ~10K track miles at VIR, Summit Point, Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, Barber, Nurburgring, Buttonwillow, and Spring Mtn.
                              Favorite Track: 'Ring - VIR a close second.

Met mlk f1 this weekend at Spring Mtn - had a blast watching him drive. I'm still new to West Coast tracks and my car since it spends more time in the body shop from idiots on the road redecorating it without my consent. My previous car was a T2-prepared 350Z that ran some very competitive times at my old home tracks (2:12.9 at VIR Full and 1:24.1 at Summit) - unfortunately, I put it into a tire wall eventually and it was retired for good. I instructed DE events for several years and love the community - so if you happen to see my grey half-breed at the track in the future, stop by and say hello!

Comment

Ap1

2000 Honda S2000
                                Mods:
                                Tein SRC coilovers
                                ST front and rear Sways
                                TC Design Rear AntiBumpsteer Kit
                                CarboTech brake pads: XP10s front, XP8s in rear
                                StopTech Slotted rotors front and rear
                                StopTech SS Brake Lines front and rear
                                Motul RBF 600 fluid for brakes and clutch
                                Enkei RPF1s 17x9 +45 front and rear (fenders rolled/pulled/lightly flared to fit these)
                                Bridgestone RE01R 245/4017 front and rear
                                Alignment and corner-balancing done by WestEnd
                                Mugen Replica Intake
                                Berk Header
                                Berk Test Pipe
                                SuperTech Titanium retainers and dual valvesprings
                                Redline 10W30 Engine Oil
                                Redline fluids in tranny and diff
                                Bride Vios II seat and bracket
                                Oh yeah, Spoon shift titanium knob and reservoir tank covers
                                My Alignment settings are as follows:
                                Front Specs:
                                2.5 degrees camber
                                6.0 caster degrees on left/6.5 caster degrees on right
                                toe in total: 1/16 inches
                                Rear Specs:
                                3.0 degrees camber
                                toe in total 3/16

Comment

Working...
                                X