X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e5pr1t
    replied
    Also safety net along w/the rest...do everything together...

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
    you asked about safety equipment:

1. keep all safety equipment stock.
    2. DO NOT swap out steering wheel for one without airbag.
    3. get a SA2010 helmet, closed face

if you wanna go next step:
    then race seat, 6 points harness, HANS device, roll bar, do all these TOGETHER. you can swap out steering wheel if you like with 6-points harness.

if you wanna kill yourself... then invest in a 4 points harness.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    Originally posted by Kamani View Post
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT
    you asked about safety equipment:

1. keep all safety equipment stock.
    2. DO NOT swap out steering wheel for one without airbag.
    3. get a SA2010 helmet, closed face

if you wanna go next step:
    then race seat, 6 points harness, HANS device, roll bar, do all these TOGETHER. you can swap out steering wheel if you like with 6-points harness.

if you wanna kill yourself... then invest in a 4 points harness.

Leave a comment:

• Kamani
    replied
    Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
    What car do you have ?
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Leave a comment:

• e5pr1t
    replied
    Ya the Esprit is tempermental. Most of the time I feel like the car cannot handle the abuse from the track. My buddy blew the motor of his 04 Esprit last May at OTR at big willow on the front straight. That's why every time I take the Esprit to the track I only go to enjoy the track, I wouldn't try to push it too hard.

Hakeem, Here is a photo of the chassis, it is the same chassis from the 70's Esprit, and the TT V8 motor sits on the same engine mount as the 4 cylinder engines:

Originally posted by hakeem View Post
    I've also been told that the chassis is like a big wet noodle. I'm guessing they never really changed it since they introduced the car in the 70s.
    Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I really like the Esprit to, but aren't they tempermental cars? You almost NEVER see one at the track.
    Last edited by e5pr1t; 05-15-2013, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Oli -

Your avatar being the gayest entertainer of all time, Tiny Tim, you are the pot calling the kettle black (or ghey).

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
    Hey Sheriff you have been even more awful and misleading since you got out of the priesthood. I know KJ and he is not gay so stop hitting him up with those teaser "I will show you mine if you show me yours" offers.

Welcome aboard TrackHQ KJ.

Oli

Leave a comment:

• Olitho
    replied
    ^^^ I live in Redondo Beach too. Can we get together so I can see your 911 and you can see my '92 NSX? I'm buying the drinks. PM me.

No, I am not ghey . . . I'm old and fat, but not ghey.
    Hey Sheriff you have been even more awful and misleading since you got out of the priesthood. I know KJ and he is not gay so stop hitting him up with those teaser "I will show you mine if you show me yours" offers.

Welcome aboard TrackHQ KJ.

Oli

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Originally posted by kjchristopher View Post
    I waited too many years to get an air-cooled 911....
    ^^^ I live in Redondo Beach too. Can we get together so I can see your 911 and you can see my '92 NSX? I'm buying the drinks. PM me.

No, I am not ghey . . . I'm old and fat, but not ghey.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 05-14-2013, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kjchristopher
    replied
    ^^^ Welcome. First pic black Carrera -- wanna sell it? PM me. I have an idle hope of turning it into a clone of Jack Olsen's '72 911 RSR (not original RSR) incredible track car.
    I waited too many years to get an air-cooled 911....

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    ^^^ Welcome. First pic black Carrera -- wanna sell it? PM me. I have an idle hope of turning it into a clone of Jack Olsen's '72 911 RSR (not original RSR) incredible track car.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 05-14-2013, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kjchristopher
    replied
    Should introduce myself. Currently just lurking and seeing what is what.

Name: KJ Christopher
    Home: Redondo Beach
    Daily Driver: 1982 Porsche 911SC - haven't done a track day in it yet, but plan on some activity this year. 22/28 tbars, Carrera swaybars, 3.2 short stroke. Fun driver.

Race Car: ACME Special. I'm in to SCCA autocross right now. Obviously built for downforce with little regard to drag. Powered by a turbocharged Yamaha snowmobile engine.

Track Experience: Just the occasional track day at AutoClub Speedway and Willow Springs

Leave a comment:

• hakeem
    replied
    I really like the Esprit to, but aren't they tempermental cars? You almost NEVER see one at the track.
    I've also been told that the chassis is like a big wet noodle. I'm guessing they never really changed it since they introduced the car in the 70s.

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Welcome, Alan.

Leave a comment:

• hakeem
    replied
    Love the Esprit V8! One of my alltime favorite cars.

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    ^^ welcome !!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X