X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyeballs
    replied
    Just joined up today. Wife and I got into track days about 9 mos ago with our '99 miata. I've done autocross since about '99. Keeping the build n/a and budget friendly. We live in Gainesville, GA. 35 minutes from Road Atlanta and Atlanta Motorsports Park. So far 1 day at RA and 2 at AMP.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Welcome, Hayden.

Leave a comment:

• 5150Sti
    replied
    Name: Hayden Evans
    Home:Las vegas
    Car:2007 Subaru STI
    Experience: No track experience as I'm still doing some mods to make my car reliable for track days but I have done autox for 3 years

Leave a comment:

• markn
    replied
    Steven,

I think you'll find SuperMiata an interesting change from Calclub /SCCA SM. Your wallet might be happier now with this alternative series . It will be interesting to hear your assessment of SuperMiata given on your experience in the hypercompetitiive SCCA SM series. Please report back.

Leave a comment:

• emilio700
    replied
    Originally posted by Steven Champlin View Post
    Hello Everybody!

I am Steven, and I have been racing SCCA SM with Cal Club for the last two years and am considering trying Super Miata as well. My wallet is not happy with thought of trying a second series.

Hope to meet all of you in person at some point.

Steven
    Welcome Steven!

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    Welcome Steven.

Leave a comment:

• Steven Champlin
    replied
    Hello Everybody!

I am Steven, and I have been racing SCCA SM with Cal Club for the last two years and am considering trying Super Miata as well. My wallet is not happy with thought of trying a second series.

Hope to meet all of you in person at some point.

Steven

Leave a comment:

• Olitho
    replied
    Originally posted by flink View Post
    Watch out for that redtopz guy - turn your back for half a minute and he's stolen your hacksaw!
    Or your track position!

Leave a comment:

• flink
    replied
    Watch out for that redtopz guy - turn your back for half a minute and he's stolen your hacksaw!

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Originally posted by RobertR1 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I picked up a 2011 Z06 last year just to do a few track days a year and it's been an amazing experience so far.

Watching people's videos and lap times posted on here for my local tracks in NorCal: Thunderhill and Sonoma has not only been inspirational but also very critical in learning and improving myself. Seeing nice guys like Bill/RedTopz who are not only blinding fast but also very helpful (my PM's on corvette forum! ) and humble means a lot to a moving chicane just trying to go a little faster.

As of June 1st, I've done 6 track days, 4 at T Hill and 2 at Sears Point

I keep my car relatively stock except for a race seat and bushings since the seats on the Corvette are impressively bad. The car has tons of potential as is so I rather spend my money on tires and track days.

Thanks,
    Robert.
    Welcome, Robert and Spa Dog.

Leave a comment:

• deadohiosky1984
    replied
    Originally posted by Spa Dog View Post
    Car is being delivered from St Pete, should be here by then, if not i will go next time.

I live in Dove and work in Irvine off Michelson,guess we are neighbors!
    Another local here. I'm in RSM. I am going to Buttonwillow on the 28th and 29th. Would be nice to see that beast on track

Leave a comment:

• RobertR1
    replied
    Hi everyone,

I picked up a 2011 Z06 last year just to do a few track days a year and it's been an amazing experience so far.

Watching people's videos and lap times posted on here for my local tracks in NorCal: Thunderhill and Sonoma has not only been inspirational but also very critical in learning and improving myself. Seeing nice guys like Bill/RedTopz who are not only blinding fast but also very helpful (my PM's on corvette forum! ) and humble means a lot to a moving chicane just trying to go a little faster.

As of June 1st, I've done 6 track days, 4 at T Hill and 2 at Sears Point

I keep my car relatively stock except for a race seat and bushings since the seats on the Corvette are impressively bad. The car has tons of potential as is so I rather spend my money on tires and track days.

Thanks,
    Robert.

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    Originally posted by flink View Post
    fyi

Stalker Kits for sale - Levels, Options, and Pricing | Brunton Auto

Leave a comment:

• Spa Dog
    replied
    Sounds great!

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
    . Wow!

You live right around the corner from me.

I might do a test day at Willow Springs on Friday the 20th.

Car is being delivered from St Pete, should be here by then, if not i will go next time.

I live in Dove and work in Irvine off Michelson,guess we are neighbors!

Leave a comment:

• Olitho
    replied
    Originally posted by Spa Dog View Post
    Just completed, looking forward to getting it on the track. LS3 powered, 1400 pounds.
    . Wow!

You live right around the corner from me.

I might do a test day at Willow Springs on Friday the 20th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X