X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GriddleYouth
    replied
    Been a while since I've been down there. Think it's been 2 seasons (?) since the series I work with last raced at Ruapuna. Track was alright but the facilities were lacking. Hopefully the change in sponsorship will improve it. Not sure if I'm overstepping some boundary about limiting discussions here on the introduction thread though =P

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    Time to move to Christchurch?

Powerbuilt Tools International Raceway - Track Guide - The Motorsport Network

Mike Pero Motorsport Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• GriddleYouth
    replied
    Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Beautiful country. I spent some time there a long time ago, and I never will forget it.

Such a nice place . . . and a very high standard of common decency.
    Haha thank you very much. Auckland's pretty nice. We just lack racetracks.

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    Originally posted by GriddleYouth View Post
    Name: Jose
    Hey all, been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign up.
    Awesome forum here, lots of good info. I have a pretty much stock '91 MX5/Miata that has been serving me well in the local autocrosses. Living in Auckland, New Zealand. Looking to move to tracking the thing soon so figured I'd learn a bit here.

Also a fan of endurance racing which is what brought me here in the first place.

See you 'round.
    Beautiful country. I spent some time there a long time ago, and I never will forget it.

Such a nice place . . . and a very high standard of common decency.

Be it by land or be it by sea,
    Aukland New Zealand is a wonder to see . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	th (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	229482 Click image for larger version

Name:	th (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	229481
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 09-15-2014, 10:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    Nice gig!

Leave a comment:

• Racer Z
    replied
    Hi there,

I'm Racer Z. My race car is a 1973 Datsun 240Z. We (my brother and I) also have a 1975 280Z that we're setting up as a racer as well.

My daily driver is a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth C. My wife drives a 2012 Fiat 500 C. I hope to buy an Alfa Romeo 4C when they're available. Near as I can tell, that will be the month after next, next month.

I work for a private car collector. He has an impressive collection which includes:
    Lola T-70 (retired racer)
    McClaren (retired racer)
    Ford GT40 (street stock)
    Porsche RSR (active racer)
    1957 Lotus 11, LeMan spec (active racer)
    1962 Daimler SP250 (with race history, undergoing full restoration, will go back on track)

Leave a comment:

• rayploy
    replied
    Name: Ray
    Cars: BMW 235I, 90 SM Miata
    Tracks: Willow Spring, Laguna, Chuckwalla, ACS, Nurburgring
    Hi everyone, I just got the SM Miata. I’m going to do SCCA club racing and maybe super Miata.

Thanks

Ray
    Ray

Leave a comment:

• craZee
    replied
    Welcome Aaron,

Good to see another 510 geek on here!

craZee

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    TrackHQ.com, bringing the world together one racer at a time. Welcome, Jose.

Leave a comment:

• GriddleYouth
    replied
    Name: Jose
    Hey all, been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign up.
    Awesome forum here, lots of good info. I have a pretty much stock '91 MX5/Miata that has been serving me well in the local autocrosses. Living in Auckland, New Zealand. Looking to move to tracking the thing soon so figured I'd learn a bit here.

Also a fan of endurance racing which is what brought me here in the first place.

See you 'round.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Welcome, MCA.

Leave a comment:

• mca
    replied
    Name: Aaron
    Cars: Locost R1, 71 Datsun 510, 05 Tundra for towing
    Tracks: Buttonwillow, Streets of Willow Springs, ACS, Chuckwalla: with Speedventures, AROSC (Driving School), VARA (also Driving School), Extremespeed (going to use up my coupons then stop), Speed District (more $$$ but best experience for HPDE)

I've been doing HPDE for about 10 years now, totaling about 20 track events. I started with a WRX then went through a series of Miatas (about 12), Sentra SE-R, and finally bought a dedicated track car. My Locost (homebuilt Lotus 7 replica) has a 2003 Yamaha R1 engine/transmission, a full cage, and usually runs R-compounds.

I've had the pleasure to meet some of the members here over the years (Moti, Emilio, and a few others) and I'm glad this forum exists to bring all the track day info into one place.

Hope to see you at the next track event!

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Welcome, Eyeballs and Reignspeed.

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    ^^Welcome, that's a nice looking car.

Leave a comment:

• REIGNSPEED
    replied
    New member here - Found this forum last night, great online community for us motor heads!

I'm new in the Houston Texas area, involved with BMW CCA - I come from a motorsports background and am looking forward to contributing where I ccan to the community.

An older picture of my car attached.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X