This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deepstriker View Post
    Hi all, I wont know anyone on here but I stumbled on this great little forum and I enjoy reading about everyones experience.

First all, I'm from Vancouver Canada (yup, up north) and I've just begun my adventures with track driving.

Just want to say hi to everyone on here!
    Welcome! Glad to see we're branching out!

Comment

• My girlfriend is filipina. Can I be apart of the club too?

Comment

• My wifes Filipina.. and she has a Tercel. I showed her the pics of yours Spencer and told her "see you could race too hon". I don't think it worked... damn.

Ok I suppose I should intro myself too.. name is Bill and I live in Hayward, CA and work as a tech/machinist in a vintage race prep shop. I've been driving on track one way or another (AX'd, Road Raced, Karts, HPDE) since I was 19... and that was a LONG time ago. My current driver is a '97 Miata, have a large, old truck to haul stuff around in, and a partially built Lotus 7 replica in storage which may be for sale... no time/place to work on it.
        Last edited by Rennkafer; 04-05-2009, 11:39 AM.
        1997 Miata STO
        1967 International Travelall
        "Locost" Super 7 replica partially built... wanna buy it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennkafer View Post
          My wifes Filipina.. and she has a Tercel. I showed her the pics of yours Spencer and told her "see you could race too hon". I don't think it worked... damn.

Ok I suppose I should intro myself too.. name is Bill and I live in Hayward, CA and work as a tech/machinist in a vintage race prep shop. I've been driving on track one way or another (AX'd, Road Raced, Karts, HPDE) since I was 19... and that was a LONG time ago. My current driver is a '97 Miata, have a large, old truck to haul stuff around in, and a partially built Lotus 7 replica in storage which may be for sale... no time/place to work on it.
          welcome... what race prep shop? i'm nearby and would love to come check it out...
          Montinola Racing | www.montinola.com
          Silicon Valley Racing | www.DriveSVR.com
          Driver Coaching :: Private Track Events

Comment

• Hey everyone, nice to meet you all.

Name: Ivan Artates
            Car: 97' civic hatchback

I'm a 1st year @ Cal Poly Pomona, studying as an ME. < 2 hours of Racing experience, ran @ Buttonwillow in January w/ SpeedVentures. My instructor told me about this site, then I took him out on the track and spun my car first lap Probably a member on here...sorry about that! And I'm on the Filipino train too.

Comment

• I recently registered and thought I would introduce myself to the community.

Name: Dan
              Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE
              Experience: HPDE's and Karting

I'm currently working full time and trying not to use all of my paychecks on my Evo and track events I hope to see some of you out on the track someday.

1) Here's me at Thunderhill

Comment

• Sweet! Another Norcal-er. Welcome!

I'm going to SCU for school.

Comment

• Originally posted by quikflip27 View Post
                  Hey everyone, nice to meet you all.

Name: Ivan Artates
                  Car: 97' civic hatchback

I'm a 1st year @ Cal Poly Pomona, studying as an ME. < 2 hours of Racing experience, ran @ Buttonwillow in January w/ SpeedVentures. My instructor told me about this site, then I took him out on the track and spun my car first lap Probably a member on here...sorry about that! And I'm on the Filipino train too.
                  Welcome Ivan. I'm Filipino and drive a DB8.
                  Raceline USA

Comment

• Originally posted by zasboy View Post
                    I recently registered and thought I would introduce myself to the community.

Name: Dan
                    Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE
                    Experience: HPDE's and Karting

I'm currently working full time and trying not to use all of my paychecks on my Evo and track events I hope to see some of you out on the track someday.

1) Here's me at Thunderhill

nice be sure to check out www.socalevo.net and www.norcalevo.net if you havent yet...

see you on the track...
                    -MattDennison
                    Road///RaceEngineering - FederalTires - ROBISPEC /// - OdysseyBatteries - ACT - SPY+optics

Comment

• Yay for more people up here... I live in Sunnyvale.

Steve

Comment

• Mr. Texas

Hey everyone, nice to meet you all.

Name: Trey
                        Car: 1991 Miata

I'm a 28-year old punk bastard. I travel for work for 3-9 months at a time and take my car with me if I can. It takes about 4-weeks of work to get an excuse to fly home, hop in the car on the weekend for a track day, then fly back to work; reliability is an absolute necessity because it took me 2-years to pull the motor out and get the new one in...after I had every part in my possesion.

I did about 60-hours of track time in one year at Hallett and MSR-C with my miata on budget suspension and 94whp. I haven't been on the track in almost two years. I knew things had to change after leaving a track event, and getting "pulled" by a Prius in traffic. Since then I've built a 261whp/252wtq turbo motor, bought better suspension, a few sets of wheels, and plan on taking out some pent-up regression via lap times. The car has not been on the track since the build and I've missed out on 2-pre-paid track events recently, but the car will be on the track in May for sure. I wanted to make it a track-only vehicle, but it makes me to happy to preclude it from street duty. I could potentially run NASA TT if I ever become a man.

Right now my goals are:
                        • bring my talent level up to the mechanical ability of the car
                        • get 100+ hours out of the motor
                        • ultimate mechanical reliability
                        • get *****es
                        • make money

I love this car more than people, its pretty much a dream come to to have a car like this. Fun, fast as hell, inconspicuous, and hopefully reliable.
                        Last edited by hustler; 04-17-2009, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• nice miata and welcome!
                          http://nguyenvbui.tumblr.com

Comment

• Hello fellow track enthusiasts,

Name: Drew
                            Car: 2005 Lotus Elise
                            Experience: Very little, X-cross, SOW

I'm a track novice and here to read, learn and get ready for future track days. My first track day was recently at SOW where a fellow S2000 owner went off the track after a Porsche's radiator fluid spilled all over the track!

Having a blast learning - hopefully will meet you guys on the track.

Last edited by good2go; 04-19-2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Hey Drew!

Your car is a pleasure on the eyes. Very beautifully done
                              Do you understand?

Comment

• Thanks for the compliment. I still have a few more mods to go for the track but will stay N/A. Need to tighten the nut behind the wheel first!

Comment

Working...
                                X