Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha yeah I'm pretty sure I've got about the same experience.

Those runs from Soggy Dry Lake to Means were always a blast, especially stopping by the two set of dunes (we called them little and big dunes). Soggy Dry Lake is our favorite, although its rough to stick around there on a windy day.

After a 40-50 mile ride the whoops begin to get annoying, but the only way around them is to make your own trail (which can be fun, but is also dangerous) or to just shut up and learn how to ride them fast!
    -DanBev

2005 Mustang 4.0L(->4.6L)
    Mineral Grey

FUN!

Comment

• Name: Chris
      Favorite Tracks: So far GingerMan and Autobahn C.C
      Current Vehicle: 04 RSX-S

Experience: Currently working up the ranks in Chicago PCA HPDE classes. Have 7 HPDE's under my belt and I am looking to add more. Got the bug from an Auto-x event two years ago.

No, I do not have a fast & furious wing on my car...
      Turn Three Ltd.

Comment

• Fast Facts
        Name: Stephen
        Car: 2004 Mazda RX8

Mini Bio
        Hi everybody, I'm Stephen from Aiea, Hawaii. My racer is a 2004 Mazda RX8. Unfortunately we don't have a track on Oahu anymore, so I do what I can. I run in STU with SCCA Solo II. I may also be getting into Skip Barber's Mazdaspeed series in the MX-5s. Heard about this place from Charles (MiataCharles_Hong_Kong), who I met just yesterday at a Skip Barber lapping session. Hopefully I will be moving up to SoCal in about a year or two and will be able to race more!

Comment

• Originally posted by scsi View Post
          Fast Facts
          Name: Stephen
          Car: 2004 Mazda RX8

Mini Bio
          Hi everybody, I'm Stephen from Aiea, Hawaii. My racer is a 2004 Mazda RX8. Unfortunately we don't have a track on Oahu anymore, so I do what I can. I run in STU with SCCA Solo II. I may also be getting into Skip Barber's Mazdaspeed series in the MX-5s. Heard about this place from Charles (MiataCharles_Hong_Kong), who I met just yesterday at a Skip Barber lapping session. Hopefully I will be moving up to SoCal in about a year or two and will be able to race more!

Welcome onboard Stephen. Good luck to both of us on our first ever race tomorrow!!
          Charles K. Ng

Professional Racing Page:
          http://www.charlesngracing.com

Driving Videos:
          http://www.youtube.com/user/ngcharleshk

Facebook Fan Page:
          http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Char...5341531?ref=ts

Comment

• congrats to Charles' fastest practice laptime today

finish strong Sat and Sun
            Jaku 峠

Comment

• srsly, charles rocked it! he beat the series points leader and the boy wonder from virginia im sure the next 2 days will be more of the same

Comment

• hi!!

name: Jairo "hido" jaramillo
                home: OC california
                Car: 01 Silverstone S2k
                experience: not much really. ive only been out twice now at SOW, once CW and the other CCW.

found this forum because of ameer.
                Jairo "Hido" J

Gamble It Films!
                http://www.GambleItFilms.blogspot.com

Comment

• Name: Jurrian
                  Favorite Tracks: Laguna Seca, Sebring
                  Current Vehicle: 2002 M3

Experience: 3 skip barber series, many auto-x events, several track days and small race events as well. I'm also a High Performance Driving Instructor

Comment

• Welcome, another fast driver on board.

Comment

• I'm not a new member, but I got a new avatar!
                      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by thalilbear02 View Post
                        Name: Jurrian
                        Favorite Tracks: Laguna Seca, Sebring
                        Current Vehicle: 2002 M3

Experience: 3 skip barber series, many auto-x events, several track days and small race events as well. I'm also a High Performance Driving Instructor
                        nice!! i wanna see some fast laptime on socal tracks for ultimate driving machine!!
                        Jaku 峠

Comment

• Just want to introduce myself finally. Thanks Manly for all the help. I will be looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys.

Name: Carlo
                          Favorite Tracks: Only been to Buttonwillow and SOW
                          Current Vehicle: 2006 Evo IX

Experience: Relatively new to HPDE. I did the Buttonwillow Clinic last December and was at SOW last weekend.
                          Death to Garage Queens!

Comment

• Originally posted by stealth_evo View Post
                            Just want to introduce myself finally. Thanks Manly for all the help. I will be looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys.

Name: Carlo
                            Favorite Tracks: Only been to Buttonwillow and SOW
                            Current Vehicle: 2006 Evo IX

Experience: Relatively new to HPDE. I did the Buttonwillow Clinic last December and was at SOW last weekend.
                            Welcome!

When people ask me the best way to get started in HPDE in SoCal, I always say the Buttonwillow Performance Driving Clinic. I'm sure you had a great experience on your first track day.

Do they still talk about the guy who totalled a 350Z in the Sunset Turn at the Clinic in 2004? (That was me . . . )
                            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Hey Carlo

Why the name change on this forum??

Richard, I've done the clinic twice, and your 350z incident was brought up at both

At least we can all learn from it!!

Comment

• What up Richard and Kevin! Yupp that 350z incident was brought up too last December. I am thinking of going back there again this year if some friends will come.

I figured my new screen name is more appropriate now than my socalevo screen name which was based on a firearm LOL. Used to be addicted to practical shooting but one hobby has to give so that goes and tracking stays LOL.
                                Death to Garage Queens!

Comment

Working...
                                X