LeMons Thunderhill 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neocataboi View Post
    Hmm, that is very very different from chump car, which looks at average resell value, kinda like how insurance companies look at value, it makes for cars really being $500 racers with safety equipment and tires slapped on.
    Wouldn't that make the car very dangerous? I would want to spend over 500 alone on just the roll cage.

Comment

Originally posted by GJTRacer View Post
      Wouldn't that make the car very dangerous? I would want to spend over 500 alone on just the roll cage.
      Safety and tires are free. They don't count towards the value of the car, like lemons. The most expensive Miata for example is the base model 92 with the 1.6. And there can't be any mods done to the Miata at all because that would value it as more than $500. That is the biggest difference. Decorations are also free, as long as they don't have any performance value.

Comment

The only way to make the $500 limit meaningful would be to make this a true claims race such that any car (less tires, decorations, and safety gear) must be sold on demand for $500.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
          The only way to make the $500 limit meaningful would be to make this a true claims race such that any car (less tires, decorations, and safety gear) must be sold on demand for $500.
          That was the original idea. I don't think you can allow racers to spend unlimited amounts on safety equipment and then force them to sell their cars for $500 -- just not fair. And the labor put in by team mechanics is not given a value -- but anyone who can't do their own work would have a cost for that.

Plus the $500 limit is just a BS joke, and everybody knows it. Your job as a LeMons car builder is to make it LOOK like crapcan, and convince the Tech inspectors of that. They accept bribes, at least in the form of beer. Don't try to take this thing too seriously. One car at the 2011 T-Hill LeMons event I ran got a 30,000 lap BS penalty. Don't know who he rubbed the wrong way.
          The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
          1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
          2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
          2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
            When your putting hours and hours into a car its real piss off to have to give it away, hence why claimers always look like absolute ass.

Chumpcar does a decent job at keeping the playing field level.
            FE3 NA - NB2 SM - 6262 AP1

Comment

Working...
            X