LeMons Thunderhill 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeMons Thunderhill 2012

Just wondering if anyone else on here was up there this last weekend.

Here are some of my favorite cars out there.

Great pics, thanks for sharing. The Honey Depot and the Scion Toaster were my favorite.

Comment

I ran that LeMons race at T-hill last year, in the Swedish Olympic Bobsled Team Volvo 740 Wagon. I think last year's cars were more interesting than the ones you posted, but then I was there in person. The Space Shuttle car last year was absolutely amazing, except it was so wide it was hitting everybody else during the race.
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

I was up there driving the Team Soccer Mom's Caravan as well as the Haulin' Ass Plymouth Scamp. Took first in C-class in the van but had a knarly head-on with the scamp which put us out for about 2.5 hours getting the frame straightened, putting in a new radiator and alternator bracket/ground.

Fun time though, and I'm glad it wasnt nearly as bad as the predicted 97-100 degree forecast made it out to be.

Comment

^ aww that is a shame. I saw that caravan at last years chumpcar race at Buttonwillow. It was such a nice build. I was just about to comment on having seen the caravan in person and how clean of a race car it was. Much better prepared than some other "real" race cars.

Also, there is no way some of those are $500.
          Last edited by Neocataboi; 09-18-2012, 12:38 AM. Reason: PhOne dumb auto correct...

Comment

****, re-read my post and it sounds as though the van was the one damaged. It was the Scamp which had the incident with one of the Alfa's, not the van (though the van did have two or three bumps along the way.

It'll be rebuilt, it'll just take a while

Comment

LOL, looks like it really "Ram(med some) Ass".

Comment

Originally posted by BOWERSdaAZIAN View Post
                I was up there driving the Team Soccer Mom's Caravan as well as the Haulin' Ass Plymouth Scamp. Took first in C-class in the van but had a knarly head-on with the scamp which put us out for about 2.5 hours getting the frame straightened, putting in a new radiator and alternator bracket/ground.

Fun time though, and I'm glad it wasnt nearly as bad as the predicted 97-100 degree forecast made it out to be.
                That van was fast out there! You beat my team LOL. The team I was on is full of rookie trackers (basically 3 out of the 5 have no experience on the track, and the other guy was a guest who has never driven the car). We took forever in the pit and very slow on the track. However I did put down a good lap within the last 30 minutes

Congrats on the win!

Comment

Any pictures of a broken E30 with a V8? One of my good friends was on their team. Apparently they blew both head gaskets on the 1st day. Would love a picture to make fun of him by...

Comment

Depends on what one it was...LOL What was the theme? I don't have many pictures of broken cars though.

Comment

Don't know the exactly look of the car but believe it was a fast food type of theme. Probably looked like a bunch of guys who didn't know what they were doing...

Comment

Isnt this green car an RX8? How could it be within the budget?

Comment

^^^ It's all BS. Nobody has a $500 car (not including safety equipment). It's just a game they play. If your car is too obviously way over $500, they penalize you a bunch of laps at the start of the race. They even call it a "BS Penalty."
                          The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                          1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                          2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                          2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by hakeem View Post
                            Isnt this green car an RX8? How could it be within the budget?

They were only awarded 29 BS laps meaning the judges figured they were only over budget by $290.

$500 is not the total cost of the car. The wheels, tires, brakes, roll cage, seat, steering wheel, gauges, driver comfort, and a few other things are exempt. Basically any performance parts, frame and shell of the car, and the engine components are all accounted for. You can sell the extra parts (windows, interior, etc.) for costs to bring your car down.

In short we bought a car for $1,200 (I think) and we sold over $700 off of it to bring the cost down. We bought all of the other stuff (oil cooler, etc.) from the junk yard.

Comment

Hmm, that is very very different from chump car, which looks at average resell value, kinda like how insurance companies look at value, it makes for cars really being $500 racers with safety equipment and tires slapped on.

Comment

Working...
                              X