Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bellwilliam
    replied
    do NOT buy Carbotech endurance pad..... brake feel is non-existent. Porterfield isn't much better either (but is better), haven't tried Raybestos one, but don't have high hopes..

if they were good, everyone would be running endurance pads instead of sprint pad to save money.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    CraZee nailed the criteria and the brands. The Porterfield and Raybestos names come up a lot when asking teams about finding "go-the-distance" pads at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill. Carbotech has some applications, too.

Of course, that's for Thunderhill, which has one moderately hard braking zone and one really hard zone on a track with 15 turns.

Leave a comment:

• craZee
    replied
    We always considered a good "endurance pad" to be one that was;
    1) affordable
    2) would last a minimum of one race
    3) wouldn't eat rotors
    4) provide good braking
    Porterfield and Raybestos had good options for our Z car

Leave a comment:

• fatbillybob
    replied
    Well I’m just trying to find out what is an endurance pad. For example I can make some stuff up in my pea brain. Like many an endurance car isn’t beat on as hard like a sprint car because it needs to last hours. So maybe that means gentler inputs and less curb jumping with endurance cars. Maybe that means a pad needs less initial bite? Maybe less initial bite means the pad composition has less metal and more organics. Maybe more organics let the rotors last longer?

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    that's like saying why don't they build 1000tw track tire......

of the 2 endurance pads I've ran, they sucked big time.....

Leave a comment:

• fatbillybob
    started a topic Endurance brake pads

Endurance brake pads

What makes an endurance pad? Why aren’t all pads built for endurance? Why isn’t an “endurance” used for sprint races too?
Working...
X