+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 134
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Top 25 Thunderhill Lap Times

  1. #21
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,495
    Liked
    2280 times

    Default

    Updates made.

    Anyone planning a trip to Thunderhill should read Flink's notes first.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrx13 View Post
    Hey where was that posted? I was wondering what the Heat #3 times were from that day. My G2X dash showed a 2:05.99 but the downloaded run data showed a 2:06.1 so it is good to know what the actual AMB transponder time was. The slight discrepancy is usually due to the exact position of the start/finish marker on my logger.

    I'm on that list, #15. My fastest time to date with the bypass.

    I'd like to submit my time for the thread.
    Thunderhill CCW with bypass
    2:06.045 Jack Hosee; 1987 RX-7; Hankook Z214; 140whp/~2600lbs w/ driver

    Video here:
    2-11-2012 NCRC Chrono Heat #3 - YouTube
    if u got to the NCRC website, you'll see a little link on the side that says "Racing". click on that and then you'll see another link that says "Timing Results". click on that and your times should be there.

    NCRC Home--->Racing--->Timing Results = Northern California Racing Club - Race and Time Trial Results

    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Updates made.

    Anyone planning a trip to Thunderhill should read Flink's notes first.
    good info here. i'd heard of that trick in turn 2, but never new how to do it. i tried messing around to see if i could figure it out (now that i'm on the r6s and not the *specs) but never figured it out. i'm going to try this out on April 8th when i go back up there.

    hopeful i can record my laps on video next time also, so i can see what i'm doing wrong and also get some impute/help from you guys

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrx13 View Post
    Hey where was that posted? I was wondering what the Heat #3 times were from that day. My G2X dash showed a 2:05.99 but the downloaded run data showed a 2:06.1 so it is good to know what the actual AMB transponder time was. The slight discrepancy is usually due to the exact position of the start/finish marker on my logger.

    I'm on that list, #15. My fastest time to date with the bypass.

    I'd like to submit my time for the thread.
    Thunderhill CCW with bypass
    2:06.045 Jack Hosee; 1987 RX-7; Hankook Z214; 140whp/~2600lbs w/ driver

    Video here:
    2-11-2012 NCRC Chrono Heat #3 - YouTube
    if u got to the NCRC website, you'll see a little link on the side that says "Racing". click on that and then you'll see another link that says "Timing Results". click on that and your times should be there.

    NCRC Home--->Racing--->Timing Results = Northern California Racing Club - Race and Time Trial Results

    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Updates made.

    Anyone planning a trip to Thunderhill should read Flink's notes first.
    good info here. i'd heard of that trick in turn 2, but never new how to do it. i tried messing around to see if i could figure it out (now that i'm on the r6s and not the *specs) but never figured it out. i'm going to try this out on April 8th when i go back up there.

    hopeful i can record my laps on video next time also, so i can see what i'm doing wrong and also get some impute/help from you guys

  4. #24
    Member smack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    78
    Liked
    1 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fleadh View Post
    It's also hard to run that fast unless it's an open test day without many other cars there.. otherwise too much traffic.
    -mike
    i was going to mention that when you listed henzler's time at the 25. how the hell do you manage that with 80 cars on track? haha
    first flying lap from pole?

  5. #25
    Chest hair required Olitho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,120
    Liked
    2220 times

    Default

    I am heading to Thunderhill tomorrow to go race the SCCA double-national. I bet Flink will be crewing for RedTopz.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,979
    Liked
    1478 times

    Default

    Liar.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

    2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

  7. #27
    Sir flink
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    983
    Liked
    553 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    I bet Flink will be crewing for RedTopz.
    It occurred to me. But I have just done an epic amount of engine and car building work, going from bare block and head on Thursday evening through to dyno pulls this morning. I's a gonna race at Infineon this weekend.
    redtopz likes this.

  8. #28
    Senior Member fleadh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    231
    Liked
    57 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    i was going to mention that when you listed henzler's time at the 25. how the hell do you manage that with 80 cars on track? haha
    first flying lap from pole?
    Ya, he actually set the fastest lap in the morning when the sun was coming up (!@%#!@). By then there was some attrition, but still a massive amount of cars on track. I think it just took the 500 or 600 laps to get a lap where he was able to pass people without effecting his lap time to much.. and by then most of us in the slower cars were well aware of what the Mercer head lights looked like.

    -mike

  9. #29
    Chest hair required Olitho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,120
    Liked
    2220 times

    Default

    1:57.821 (Oli Thordarson; 2002 T1 Corvette; A6; 357RWHP/3250 lbs w/driver; March 2012; MYLAPS Results; SCCA Thunderhill National Race - 3/11/12 - T1, T2, T3, SM, HP, GTL and more on Vimeo minute 27:00)
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

  10. #30
    Spec Backhoe Champion redtopz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,230
    Liked
    984 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    1:57.821 (Oli Thordarson; 2002 T1 Corvette; A6; 357RWHP/3250 lbs w/driver; March 2012; MYLAPS Results; SCCA Thunderhill National Race - 3/11/12 - T1, T2, T3, SM, HP, GTL and more on Vimeo minute 27:00)
    Having a senior moment? I think your fast lap was in qualifying. BTW, impressive dyno numbers!
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

  11. #31
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,867
    Liked
    1433 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    1:57.821 (Oli Thordarson; 2002 T1 Corvette; A6; 357RWHP/3250 lbs w/driver; March 2012; MYLAPS Results; SCCA Thunderhill National Race - 3/11/12 - T1, T2, T3, SM, HP, GTL and more on Vimeo minute 27:00)
    So long Chuck!

    Oli, I'm a little suspicious of your turn 9 technique.

  12. #32
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,495
    Liked
    2280 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    1:57.821 (Oli Thordarson; 2002 T1 Corvette; A6; 357RWHP/3250 lbs w/driver; March 2012; MYLAPS Results; SCCA Thunderhill National Race - 3/11/12 - T1, T2, T3, SM, HP, GTL and more on Vimeo minute 27:00)

    Direction?

  13. #33
    Senior Member fleadh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    231
    Liked
    57 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Direction?
    Looks like it was CCW over the eagles nest from watching some laps in the video.

    -mike

  14. #34
    Sir flink
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    983
    Liked
    553 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    SCCA Thunderhill National Race - 3/11/12 - T1, T2, T3, SM, HP, GTL and more on Vimeo[/url] minute 27:00)
    Empty track! Was T1 the only class out there? You need 20-30 other classes tossed in to mix things up a bit

  15. #35
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,495
    Liked
    2280 times

    Default

    Updated with video link. MyLaps link has an error.

  16. #36
    Spec Backhoe Champion redtopz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,230
    Liked
    984 times

    Default

    1:54.077 (Bill Brinkop; 99 ST2 corvette; A6 scrubs; 380rwhp/3250lbs w/driver; 4/7/12) - Eagles Nest CCW

    Testing my ST2 car for next weekend's nasa race on some 1 year old scrub tires. It's running great with the changes I made (base LG non-adjustable bilstien coilovers and T1 sway bars) and probably has another couple seconds in it over the eagles nest on stickers. Even faster with slicks. In fact, after the next couple races I plan to bump up my power a little (heads/cam), drop weight, and run slicks in higher classes with this car where there is more competition. SCCA SSV8, USTCC GT, ITE, SU, ST1, etc. ST2 is just a dead class in Norcal unfortunately because I prefer the ST2 power to weight limit.

    The guy in 2nd was in a 715 hp trans am corvette and he and his buddies (one had an 1100 hp nascar thing) came up to me after the race to check out my car. They asked if I was running twin turbos because it's so quiet and if I had over 1000 hp. They seemed a bit surprised to hear it was a stock ls6 on 91 pump gas and stock exhaust . I told them to get their cars down to ACS where they could open them up and not worry about sound limits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails get-attachment.aspx.jpeg  
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

  17. #37
    Chest hair required Olitho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,120
    Liked
    2220 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    1:54.077 (Bill Brinkop; 99 ST2 corvette; A6 scrubs; 380rwhp/3250lbs w/driver; 4/7/12) - Eagles Nest CCW

    ...They asked if I was running twin turbos because it's so quiet and if I had over 1000 hp. They seemed a bit surprised to hear it was a stock ls6 on 91 pump gas and stock exhaust . I told them to get their cars down to ACS where they could open them up and not worry about sound limits.
    Congrats on a nice time Red. It is funny how people make comments like that. I used to go to POC short track series and such. Other drivers would come up and ask me what I have done to the car. They would facially express both disbelief and and disappointment when I would tell them the car is basically stock. Then to confirm my opinion about their disbelief they would then ask, "So what have you done to the engine." When I told them it is stock I would alway get puzzled looks. This didn't just happen once or twice, it would happen two or three times per day at the events.

    They could not believe their finely crafted German works were getting trounced by the blunt American instrument.


    Oli
    ucfbrett and bawareca like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

  18. #38
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,495
    Liked
    2280 times

    Default

    Done.

  19. #39
    Member jrlz06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    21 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    1:54.077 (Bill Brinkop; 99 ST2 corvette; A6 scrubs; 380rwhp/3250lbs w/driver; 4/7/12) - Eagles Nest CCW

    Testing my ST2 car for next weekend's nasa race on some 1 year old scrub tires. It's running great with the changes I made (base LG non-adjustable bilstien coilovers and T1 sway bars) and probably has another couple seconds in it over the eagles nest on stickers. Even faster with slicks. In fact, after the next couple races I plan to bump up my power a little (heads/cam), drop weight, and run slicks in higher classes with this car where there is more competition. SCCA SSV8, USTCC GT, ITE, SU, ST1, etc. ST2 is just a dead class in Norcal unfortunately because I prefer the ST2 power to weight limit.

    The guy in 2nd was in a 715 hp trans am corvette and he and his buddies (one had an 1100 hp nascar thing) came up to me after the race to check out my car. They asked if I was running twin turbos because it's so quiet and if I had over 1000 hp. They seemed a bit surprised to hear it was a stock ls6 on 91 pump gas and stock exhaust . I told them to get their cars down to ACS where they could open them up and not worry about sound limits.
    Bill.

    Great job!! You should in the 50's 0r 51's over the bypass this weekend. See u then.

    -------------
    John

  20. #40
    Spec Backhoe Champion redtopz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,230
    Liked
    984 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    They could not believe their finely crafted German works were getting trounced by the blunt American instrument.

    Oli
    Yeah, it's fun having a fast car that's also a good bang for the buck. Yesterday made me remember that it wasn't too long ago that I was doing 2:07's over the eagles nest with the same hp and weight. And I felt like I was on the ragged edge...

    Quote Originally Posted by jrlz06 View Post
    Bill.

    Great job!! You should in the 50's 0r 51's over the bypass this weekend. See u then.

    -------------
    John
    Thanks John. I still drive like I'm in hpde 3 but my car is really getting dialed in. Except for my tune. I put the car on the dyno and it's running really lean. I'm working on the tune this week and will put it back on the T-hill dyno Friday. It's fun seeing everyone keep getting faster. Flink did a 1:56 today over the bypass in his bmw! He finally has his car running really well and should be at or near the top of GTS3.
    Last edited by redtopz; 04-08-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts