+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Top 25 Thunderhill Lap Times

Liked
    2280 times

Updates made.

Anyone planning a trip to Thunderhill should read Flink's notes first.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by jrx13 View Post
    Hey where was that posted? I was wondering what the Heat #3 times were from that day. My G2X dash showed a 2:05.99 but the downloaded run data showed a 2:06.1 so it is good to know what the actual AMB transponder time was. The slight discrepancy is usually due to the exact position of the start/finish marker on my logger.

I'm on that list, #15. My fastest time to date with the bypass.

I'd like to submit my time for the thread.
    Thunderhill CCW with bypass
    2:06.045 Jack Hosee; 1987 RX-7; Hankook Z214; 140whp/~2600lbs w/ driver

Video here:
    2-11-2012 NCRC Chrono Heat #3 - YouTube
    if u got to the NCRC website, you'll see a little link on the side that says "Racing". click on that and then you'll see another link that says "Timing Results". click on that and your times should be there.

NCRC Home--->Racing--->Timing Results = Northern California Racing Club - Race and Time Trial Results

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Updates made.

good info here. i'd heard of that trick in turn 2, but never new how to do it. i tried messing around to see if i could figure it out (now that i'm on the r6s and not the *specs) but never figured it out. i'm going to try this out on April 8th when i go back up there.

hopeful i can record my laps on video next time also, so i can see what i'm doing wrong and also get some impute/help from you guys

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by jrx13 View Post
    Hey where was that posted? I was wondering what the Heat #3 times were from that day. My G2X dash showed a 2:05.99 but the downloaded run data showed a 2:06.1 so it is good to know what the actual AMB transponder time was. The slight discrepancy is usually due to the exact position of the start/finish marker on my logger.

I'm on that list, #15. My fastest time to date with the bypass.

I'd like to submit my time for the thread.
    Thunderhill CCW with bypass
    2:06.045 Jack Hosee; 1987 RX-7; Hankook Z214; 140whp/~2600lbs w/ driver

Video here:
    2-11-2012 NCRC Chrono Heat #3 - YouTube
    if u got to the NCRC website, you'll see a little link on the side that says "Racing". click on that and then you'll see another link that says "Timing Results". click on that and your times should be there.

NCRC Home--->Racing--->Timing Results = Northern California Racing Club - Race and Time Trial Results

Updates made.

good info here. i'd heard of that trick in turn 2, but never new how to do it. i tried messing around to see if i could figure it out (now that i'm on the r6s and not the *specs) but never figured it out. i'm going to try this out on April 8th when i go back up there.

hopeful i can record my laps on video next time also, so i can see what i'm doing wrong and also get some impute/help from you guys

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by fleadh View Post
    It's also hard to run that fast unless it's an open test day without many other cars there.. otherwise too much traffic.
    -mike
    i was going to mention that when you listed henzler's time at the 25. how the hell do you manage that with 80 cars on track? haha
    first flying lap from pole?

Liked
    2220 times

I am heading to Thunderhill tomorrow to go race the SCCA double-national. I bet Flink will be crewing for RedTopz.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1478 times

Liar.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Sir flink
    Liked
    553 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    I bet Flink will be crewing for RedTopz.
    It occurred to me. But I have just done an epic amount of engine and car building work, going from bare block and head on Thursday evening through to dyno pulls this morning. I's a gonna race at Infineon this weekend.
    redtopz likes this.

Liked
    57 times

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    i was going to mention that when you listed henzler's time at the 25. how the hell do you manage that with 80 cars on track? haha
    first flying lap from pole?
    Ya, he actually set the fastest lap in the morning when the sun was coming up (!@%#!@). By then there was some attrition, but still a massive amount of cars on track. I think it just took the 500 or 600 laps to get a lap where he was able to pass people without effecting his lap time to much.. and by then most of us in the slower cars were well aware of what the Mercer head lights looked like.

-mike

Liked
    2220 times

1:57.821 (Oli Thordarson; 2002 T1 Corvette; A6; 357RWHP/3250 lbs w/driver; March 2012; MYLAPS Results; SCCA Thunderhill National Race - 3/11/12 - T1, T2, T3, SM, HP, GTL and more on Vimeo minute 27:00)

Liked
    984 times

1:57.821 (Oli Thordarson; 2002 T1 Corvette; A6; 357RWHP/3250 lbs w/driver; March 2012; MYLAPS Results; SCCA Thunderhill National Race - 3/11/12 - T1, T2, T3, SM, HP, GTL and more on Vimeo minute 27:00)
    Having a senior moment? I think your fast lap was in qualifying. BTW, impressive dyno numbers!
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    1433 times

So long Chuck!

Oli, I'm a little suspicious of your turn 9 technique.

Liked
    2280 times

Direction?

Liked
    57 times

Direction?
    Looks like it was CCW over the eagles nest from watching some laps in the video.

-mike

Sir flink
    Liked
    553 times

SCCA Thunderhill National Race - 3/11/12 - T1, T2, T3, SM, HP, GTL and more on Vimeo[/url] minute 27:00)
    Empty track! Was T1 the only class out there? You need 20-30 other classes tossed in to mix things up a bit

Liked
    2280 times

Updated with video link. MyLaps link has an error.

Liked
    984 times

1:54.077 (Bill Brinkop; 99 ST2 corvette; A6 scrubs; 380rwhp/3250lbs w/driver; 4/7/12) - Eagles Nest CCW

Testing my ST2 car for next weekend's nasa race on some 1 year old scrub tires. It's running great with the changes I made (base LG non-adjustable bilstien coilovers and T1 sway bars) and probably has another couple seconds in it over the eagles nest on stickers. Even faster with slicks. In fact, after the next couple races I plan to bump up my power a little (heads/cam), drop weight, and run slicks in higher classes with this car where there is more competition. SCCA SSV8, USTCC GT, ITE, SU, ST1, etc. ST2 is just a dead class in Norcal unfortunately because I prefer the ST2 power to weight limit.

The guy in 2nd was in a 715 hp trans am corvette and he and his buddies (one had an 1100 hp nascar thing) came up to me after the race to check out my car. They asked if I was running twin turbos because it's so quiet and if I had over 1000 hp. They seemed a bit surprised to hear it was a stock ls6 on 91 pump gas and stock exhaust . I told them to get their cars down to ACS where they could open them up and not worry about sound limits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails get-attachment.aspx.jpeg  
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    2220 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    1:54.077 (Bill Brinkop; 99 ST2 corvette; A6 scrubs; 380rwhp/3250lbs w/driver; 4/7/12) - Eagles Nest CCW

...They asked if I was running twin turbos because it's so quiet and if I had over 1000 hp. They seemed a bit surprised to hear it was a stock ls6 on 91 pump gas and stock exhaust . I told them to get their cars down to ACS where they could open them up and not worry about sound limits.
    Congrats on a nice time Red. It is funny how people make comments like that. I used to go to POC short track series and such. Other drivers would come up and ask me what I have done to the car. They would facially express both disbelief and and disappointment when I would tell them the car is basically stock. Then to confirm my opinion about their disbelief they would then ask, "So what have you done to the engine." When I told them it is stock I would alway get puzzled looks. This didn't just happen once or twice, it would happen two or three times per day at the events.

They could not believe their finely crafted German works were getting trounced by the blunt American instrument.

Oli
    ucfbrett and bawareca like this.

Liked
    2280 times

Done.

Liked
    21 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post

Testing my ST2 car for next weekend's nasa race on some 1 year old scrub tires. It's running great with the changes I made (base LG non-adjustable bilstien coilovers and T1 sway bars) and probably has another couple seconds in it over the eagles nest on stickers. Even faster with slicks. In fact, after the next couple races I plan to bump up my power a little (heads/cam), drop weight, and run slicks in higher classes with this car where there is more competition. SCCA SSV8, USTCC GT, ITE, SU, ST1, etc. ST2 is just a dead class in Norcal unfortunately because I prefer the ST2 power to weight limit.

The guy in 2nd was in a 715 hp trans am corvette and he and his buddies (one had an 1100 hp nascar thing) came up to me after the race to check out my car. They asked if I was running twin turbos because it's so quiet and if I had over 1000 hp. They seemed a bit surprised to hear it was a stock ls6 on 91 pump gas and stock exhaust . I told them to get their cars down to ACS where they could open them up and not worry about sound limits.
    Bill.

Great job!! You should in the 50's 0r 51's over the bypass this weekend. See u then.

-------------
    John

Liked
    984 times

They could not believe their finely crafted German works were getting trounced by the blunt American instrument.

Oli
    Yeah, it's fun having a fast car that's also a good bang for the buck. Yesterday made me remember that it wasn't too long ago that I was doing 2:07's over the eagles nest with the same hp and weight. And I felt like I was on the ragged edge...

Quote Originally Posted by jrlz06 View Post
    Bill.

Great job!! You should in the 50's 0r 51's over the bypass this weekend. See u then.

-------------
    John
    Thanks John. I still drive like I'm in hpde 3 but my car is really getting dialed in. Except for my tune. I put the car on the dyno and it's running really lean. I'm working on the tune this week and will put it back on the T-hill dyno Friday. It's fun seeing everyone keep getting faster. Flink did a 1:56 today over the bypass in his bmw! He finally has his car running really well and should be at or near the top of GTS3.
    Last edited by redtopz; 04-08-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast