+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: NASA Western States Championships

Liked
    2221 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    Thanks guys! It was a ton of effort to get my car running for this event and keep it running for 3 consecutive days of racing. This year has been tough with a blown engine, bad tranny, steering issues, diff leaks, etc etc. Half the battle is bringing a car that will run all weekend. The other half is staying out of trouble in the races with traffic, flags, etc.

Amir did a great job in the Supra, just ran out of fuel. He's running E85 and the tank just wasn't large enough for 25 laps around LS.

Sorry about your race Brett, I know how it feels.
    Congrats to Bill, Chuck and Lee for the podium finish. Special congrats to Bill be finally bringing home the championship after all the rough outcomes in the racing the past two championship seasons. He showed what an outstanding driver he is this weekend.

Congrats to Amir and Jim, too, although they both had issues in the final race after running strong in the Q races.
    hakeem, LagunaBlueS2k and redtopz like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    469 times

Tough break Brett. I heard the call at the start. Then didn't see you after that. That's a bummer!

Congrats Bill!

I didn't get a lot of time to watch any of the Sunday races. I was kind busy trying to get my car working and up to speed.
    redtopz likes this.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    103 times

had fun, was able to win H2

Liked
    2283 times

The car still runs and drives, but after the melee, the right front fender was cutting the tire. It was either pull in then or blow the tire later. The whole thing sucked out loud.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1940 times

Congrats Clint!
    Not bad for a time attack guy

Liked
    469 times

Here's the SM race. You can see the stuff happening in the rear view at 0:52
    LagunaBlueS2k and heypal like this.

Liked
    1478 times

An incident that happens at 0:52 of a 29:00 race! I can turn it off one minute in . . .
    ucfbrett likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    469 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    An incident that happens at 0:52 of a 29:00 race! I can turn it off one minute in . . .
    I could tell you what to do, but I'm sure you wouldn't like it. Besides you most likely wouldn't do it...lol
    All kidding aside. @ 0:52 the incident that took out Brett happens. I'm sure there are many more. This is not my video.

My video shows the top 3 PTE guys getting past a couple of slower PTD guys and me getting stuck behind them. Then I take a scenic drive (off road) around turn 6 to get behind the PTD car that let me pass. More fuel problems then a bunch of cars parked here and there. Then the wall in impound as I walked off to get my trophy. But I knew you wouldn't like it. So I didn't want to take up your time.

Liked
    1433 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    I could tell you what to do, but I'm sure you wouldn't like it. Besides you most likely wouldn't do it...lol
    All kidding aside. @ 0:52 the incident that took out Brett happens. I'm sure there are many more. This is not my video.

My video shows the top 3 PTE guys getting past a couple of slower PTD guys and me getting stuck behind them. Then I take a scenic drive (off road) around turn 6 to get behind the PTD car that let me pass. More fuel problems then a bunch of cars parked here and there. Then the wall in impound as I walked off to get my trophy. But I knew you wouldn't like it. So I didn't want to take up your time.
    Shoot, I'd like to see a car roll into a wall, I'm game.

Liked
    469 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Shoot, I'd like to see a car roll into a wall, I'm game.
    lol Sorry to disappoint you rob. But it's not even that exciting. in fact. I think they gave me 3rd because they felt sorry for me.
    Schmoe Money likes this.

Liked
    103 times

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Congrats Clint!
    Not bad for a time attack guy
    I know right?! Champs race was 45min, that's like over a year of time attack LOL
    ucfbrett, redtopz, Gian and 1 others like this.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1940 times

I knew you're good for podium from looking at the results of the quali races but thought Jeremy is going to take it.
    When I saw Jeremy didn't podium and thought something went wrong for him... Then I saw the pics of his car from the race and that one was definitely screwed.

Liked
    977 times

Thanks Bill and Oli. Overall ran pretty well, some minor issues throughout the weekend, but nothing serious considering it was the second time out with the car. Definitely Amir proof, other than not having enough fuel. Video:

https://youtu.be/ztJp8s8nr44

Liked
    469 times

Here it is. From the slowest guy on track to P3. Being there at the end is everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3