Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By fe4
  • 4 Post By fatbillybob

Thread: Sonoma w/Speed Ventures 2017

fe4
    Liked
    29 times

Default Sonoma w/Speed Ventures 2017

Sonoma was a bucket list thing for me. Very cool track. It seemed like the track set the car up to spin or crash into a wall in nearly all the corners - lots to do.

I guess if it was higher speed it could be an even harder track. But that seems like the only thing it leaves on the table.

Liked
    1486 times

2 comments:

1) you need to run specCorvette racing with us. You can cage your car and still drive it to the track and race.

2) People complain of the C5 floppy seats. I like your floppy passenger seat. You can tell everyone it is Corvette's G meter...when it snaps forward that's 1G braking.

fe4
    Liked
    29 times

Spec Corvette seems pretty cool. Driving a race car to the track seems pretty aggressive though.

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by fe4 View Post
    Spec Corvette seems pretty cool. Driving a race car to the track seems pretty aggressive though.
    Your car is almost a Spec Corvette now, but without the cage.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1486 times

Nope! I think it can be done. The spec vette tire is really a street tire not a real DotR race tire like hoosier A's. So they are streetable. My SCCA T2 car still runs with A/C and electric windows!!!! I need the ballast for my class. So the only non-street part is the cage. The specCorvette cage is not very extreme at all. It is using 6 mounting points and "X" door bars and the interior could stay with the door bars. Of all the formula's I have seen the specCorvette one is the most likely one that could be returned to a full streetcar because it really does not depart that far from one to start off.

fe4
    Liked
    29 times

I guess if the race is going to end like this (https://www.scca.com/videos/2027404 , "Battle" for 3rd) I can rent a pickup truck and trailer from uhaul

Liked
    2165 times

I guess if the race is going to end like this (https://www.scca.com/videos/2027404 , "Battle" for 3rd) I can rent a pickup truck and trailer from uhaul
    That is local Huntington Beach dricer Kyle Kelley. In 2014 in won the SCCA Runoffs in his GT1 Corvette at Laguna Seca. If you want to see another even better race watch Kyle's 2014 race at the same Runoffs in the T2 class. He was dricing the same C5 trading the lead with a Porsche several times and the finish was decided from Turn 11 to the finish with a 3 foot margin at the finish line.

https://www.scca.com/videos/2027486
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

fe4
    Liked
    29 times

I forgot to ask, but will Sonoma eventually blow up a stock LS6 w/wet sump oiling because of the left handed 180* turn? I noticed a decent oil pressure drop on the DIC. But it still read something at corner exit.

+ Reply to Thread