+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: SPEC CORVETTE Announcement

Liked
    2339 times

Quote Originally Posted by 78kona View Post
    Is there any Spec Corvettes going to be at Cal Speedway this weekend? I have not heard about or seen any video of any races. Has there been any races? Is there a site or mailing list where drivers are communicating?
    Communication is done mostly on FB, search “spec vette”. First race will be early 2018
    Reason I am answering is because I saw both Oli and John are at SEMA
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2221 times

Thanks William. I am gone from SEMA. but now at the Trans Am race at CoTA in Austin, TX.

I know at least one driver will be at Willow Springs the following weekend to do the AROSC race school. I need to check who, if any, are out at ACS this weekend.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    19 times

Oil I sent you an email.
    Allan Hauser
    2011 So Cal SE30 Champion
    2012 So Cal SE30 Champion

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by 78kona View Post
    Oil I sent you an email.
    Were you able to catch Clint Ton in a blue Spec Vette at speedventures on Saturday? He was there shaking it out.

Feel free to join the FB page as there is a lot of daily activity on it. We are finalizing the race schedule for next year as we speak. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

John
    973-390-2586
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    15 times

Default Welcome A New Spec Corvette Racer!!

Lets welcome Sean Whitwood as a new registered SPEC Corvette racer! Sean has purchased an 02 Z06 to build into a SPEC racer! Sean brings track day experience as well as running in the 24 hours of Lemons race! Sean resides in the SoCal area!

Welcome Sean!

Olitho and bawareca like this.

Liked
    15 times

Default Welcome A New Spec Corvette Racer!!

Lets welcome Corbin Swafford as a registered SPEC Corvette racer! Corbin has been competing in the Wilwood Corvette Challenge with several podium finishes! He is ready to move on to take his driving skills to the next level with wheel to wheel SPEC Corvette racing! Corbin resides in SoCal with his base coupe that is ready to get a full cage and safety treatment and enjoys flying planes on his personal time.

Thank you Corbin and see you on Grid!

John

Olitho likes this.

Liked
    15 times

Default Welcome A New Spec Corvette Racer!

Lets Welcome Daniel Milewski as a registered SPEC Corvette racer!!! Dan brings incredible driving skills and experience in his 2002 Z06. Here is an column of Dan's Hillclimb success!

"Daniel Milewski was crowned king of the hill during this year’s race, and his chariot was a Chevrolet Corvette. The mostly stock 2002 Z06 is prepped for SCCA T1 wheel-to-wheel racing. Special features include a GM T1 suspension package as well as a DeWitts radiator. According to Milewski, with the safety items and restrictor, it weighs 3,225-lbs. and should be making about 400-hp. Power, paired with skill, shot him into the 20-second club with an official time of 20.912. He is the first driver at the Empire Hill Climb to break the 20-second barrier!"

With Dan setting records in the hillclimbing sector, it is no mystery that he will be a fighting for a podium spot in SPEC CORVETTE! Question is, will you be there with him?

Welcome Dan!!!!

John

Olitho likes this.

fe4
    Liked
    41 times

Based on the discussion over on CF, it seems there was some debate over if the Pierce Motorsports cage people are getting done would pass SCCA tech (due to lack of an additional front dash bar). Was there a conclusion to that discussion that happened offline?

Liked
    60 times

Based on the discussion over on CF, it seems there was some debate over if the Pierce Motorsports cage people are getting done would pass SCCA tech (due to lack of an additional front dash bar). Was there a conclusion to that discussion that happened offline?
    I would additionally like to know (forgive the vette-ignorance) if the attach points to the vette are at locations where there is an existing steel structure on the vette or is that aluminum and, if so, what technique is used to join the steel cage structure to the aluminum?

Liked
    434 times

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTech View Post
    I would additionally like to know (forgive the vette-ignorance) if the attach points to the vette are at locations where there is an existing steel structure on the vette or is that aluminum and, if so, what technique is used to join the steel cage structure to the aluminum?
    All C5 Z06's have steel frames.
    ~ Jim Tway
    Tway Motorsports
    (714) 528-2150
    #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
    Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
    PA Construction
    American Heritage Performance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5