+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Driving School, Nov 7-8, 2015, Streets of Willow, All Levels of Experience

Liked
    2138 times

Don't get too excited by the Lambos. I have driven a couple on track and I did not care for them too much. To me they actually felt a bit ill-mannered on track, especially mid-corner and exiting. They felt heavy and understeered badly.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    15 times

Default For Experienced Drivers Only

OK, here's my pitch to you who have some track time with belts in the car.
    First what do you do at a track day event? Sit around, head out to the track and flog the car. Sit around some more, maybe compare notes with someone else. Sit around some more, back to the track, repeat, repeat. Maybe you make some improvements during the weekend.
    Now our School is the perfect test and tune (the driver that is) event.
    Think of this:
    Saturday morning you start on the skid pad. Some time to warm you up and get a feeling of how your car handles - oversteer, understeer, how much throtle it takes to break the back end loose.
    Then onto the track. Get used to the car at speed, try to remember what you just did on the skid pad and see how to use that. When you are not on the track we gather around start/finish and critique the other drivers and get some more info from your Instructors.
    Then to the classroom where we Instructors talk about what we just did over the past 2 hours. Lots of "chalkboard" discussions, question and hopefully some good answers.
    Lunch break.
    Then we repeat the whole cycle 2 more times.
    Sunday we do the same routine except at the end of the day we Instructors make some changes to the track and send you out for a Graduation Event. Something to see how much you have learned over the weekend.
    Except for the lunch break there is no "sit around" time. All you are doing is working on driving and how you can improve.
    There are only 7 days to sign up for the Nov 7-8 School. The next School is around February of March next year, depending on what date Willow Springs gives us.
    So, experienced drivers, think about it. For about the same cost of a track day weekend where would your $$$ and time be better spent?
    Paul
    AROSC Instructor

Oh olitho: Let me be the judge of Lambo handling. PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE. . . . . . . .
    Seriously, School is probably the best place to test out a super car's handling. Better to lose control on the skid pad rather than on the street.

Liked
    2138 times

Quote Originally Posted by SidewaysAlfa View Post

Oh olitho: Let me be the judge of Lambo handling. PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE. . . . . . . .
    Seriously, School is probably the best place to test out a super car's handling. Better to lose control on the skid pad rather than on the street.

Supercar price and power, but not supercar handling in my opinion. Most of the TrackHQ members have better handling cars at a fraction of the price.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    110 times

There is just under a week to go for this school there are a few spots avail in all the groups. We would like to get more in the wheel to wheel group, I know there are some out there that want to move up, now is the perfect time. If you are struggling with starts, this is the perfect event to practice, Brent, come on out and practice about 50 starts from all positions on the grid.

See everyone at the track.

Liked
    110 times

CALLING ALL RACERS...The driving school is filling up nicely in the street performance and TimeTrial groups, however we are very lean on the wheel to wheel group. We need as many racers as possible to make the experience as positive as can be. The group is relatively small at the moment but we are NOT going to cancel. We will make accommodations regardless but it would be a much better experience if we had more students to teach, for both the student and the instructor.

If you have any questions please let me know, you can email me at marketing@arosc.org

See you at the track!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2