Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By 48yota
  • 2 Post By passmenow
  • 1 Post By beermanpete

Thread: AROSC TT/Race Laguna Seca 12/30-31/16

Liked
    110 times

Default AROSC TT/Race Laguna Seca 12/30-31/16

Join us at Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway HERE for a great driving experience. Laguna Seca is a hard track to get, so don't miss this opportunity. We have lots of run groups, including Time Trial/Time Attack, and wheel-to-wheel racing. You will get about 2 hours of track time each day. Laguna Seca is the premier race track on the west coast, located in beautiful Monterey, and features the world famous "Corkscrew". Run groups will be limited to 35 cars maximum, and we will likely sell out some run groups!

DB limit for this weekend will be 92, you will be black flagged for being over, you will have one chance to fix, if you get flagged again you will more than likely have to call it a weekend. Just remember, we are all in the same boat for sound.

Our run groups:

- Time Trial Groups: Your chance to achieve your best lap times on Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Controlled passing in specific sections of the track, or with a point-by. Based on your experience and car, we will assign you to the proper run group.

- "Alfa Only" Time Trial Group: Bring your Alfa out to join the fun of running in sessions comprised of all Alfa Romeos. Nothing is ore fun than running the track with cars of similar performance!

- Race: Wheel to wheel racing action. Experienced drivers only! If your car is OK to race with VARA or other sanctioned race series, then it is OK to race with AROSC.

- Lunchtime "Track Intro: Great deal for buddies and significant others! No special safety equipment required. Only $35 for about 30 minutes of lunchtime track driving fun! Includes pre-track classroom session. Snell 2005 or better helmet required. We can usually provide a loaner for you!

NOTE: AROSC always has a Fire & Rescue team at our events. If and when you need them, every second counts!

Accommodations

Laurel Inn Motel
    801 West Laurel Dr.
    Salinas, CA 93906
    831-449-2474

The Club has blocked off 30 rooms at the Laurel Inn Motel. The rate per night is $78 single, king, queen, doubles available. This is high season for this area, so make your reservation early, donít wait. To make reservations call 831-449-2474 and tell them you are with the Alfa Romeo Club. The block will be held until November 29 or until the block is filled. Continental breakfast is included. Refrigerators and coffee makers in all rooms.

AROSC has also arranged for early/late paddock access & overnight RV camping in the paddock (no hookups). Access available at all hours. We have also reserved all the garages, you must select a garage when registering as the garages will also sell out, we will do garage assignments just prior to the event.

Friday night dinner

Salinas Brick House Grill
    66 W Alisal, Salinas, CA 93901
    831-755-7775

Join us at Salinas Brick House Grill after Friday's event for some bench racing and meeting new friends. Dinner is off the menu, separate checks. Room has been reserved for our party. They have a unique menu and put a tasty twist on all their dishes. Donít miss this, otherwise youíll wish you had gone when you hear about it at the track on Monday. Approximately 7 pm. We will have information at the track also.

Saturday night party

Meet us at the Laurel Inn after dinner for weekend awards, Hor d'ouvres & Prosecco, and welcome in the New Year!

You can find more Alfa Club details HERE.

You can register HERE

This event will sell out as we are limited to the numbers of cars per session and limited to sessions.

Liked
    110 times

Who all is going ?

likes to left foot brake. passmenow's Avatar
    Liked
    77 times

My buddy Les and I entered the race group.
    Plan to join you for the Friday dinner too.
    Where else would a track guy want to be on the last 2 days of the year?

Been too long, my last Alfa club race was 15 years ago at Big Willow.

Les may bring this Capri if his Camaro is not ready.
    ucfbrett and Loose Caboose like this.
    74 911 RSR+.
    88 Imsa Camaro.
    93 Imsa Camaro.

Liked
    110 times

Glad to see you back. There is still plenty of room in all groups.

Liked
    28 times

We just signed up. My brother and I will be sharing the 240z as usual. Our wives will be joining us. Should be a fun weekend.
    Racer Z
    Escargot Racing
    2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

Liked
    517 times

If we can we'll drive down for one of the days to watch. Depends on my state of hospitalization

Steve

Liked
    110 times

We also have a lunchtime intro/track tour for this event. If you are bringing a significant other this would be a great track to get them on at lunch so they to can see the view from the corkscrew.

Liked
    110 times

If you are going to this event and want a garage, you had better hurry, garages will probably be sold out soon.

Liked
    110 times

Getting Close.

As a reminder the club has 24 access to the paddock so that is included in the entry fee. If you plan to stay in the camp ground, I think chaparral will be the only one available. I am staying there Sunday night, Thurs and Fri I will be in the paddock.

Liked
    110 times

There is some space left for this event, however the garages are filling up.

Liked
    110 times

We have some space left so we decided to open up one day entries. Reg form can be found HERE.

likes to left foot brake. passmenow's Avatar
    Liked
    77 times

Terry nice meeting you and all the friendly Alfa owners too.
    Had to bring the all stock C5Z, fun to flog.
    The drive home to San Diego New Years eve was interesting as the grapevine was closed and we were able to use the 33 to get home.
    Video of Sandy in his GT350.
    https://youtu.be/wKqCob6VH7o
    74 911 RSR+.
    88 Imsa Camaro.
    93 Imsa Camaro.

Liked
    15 times

I'm posting this for a buddy, Mario Cano, #44 yellow NSX.
    Are there any other pics of his car. He had a bunch of friends stop by the track on Saturday and wanted to show off to them.
    Thanks in advance for Mario

Liked
    9 times

A bit late but I finally edited some of the in-car video from our time trial and posted short video to You Tube.

https://youtu.be/ON1Mz1B59k4
    Last edited by beermanpete; 02-04-2017 at 11:58 PM.
    bawareca likes this.

+ Reply to Thread