+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leatt Moto recall

Senior Member Sampson Racing Radios's Avatar
    Liked
    64 times

Default Leatt Moto recall

Dear Leatt Customer,

Attached service bulletin. To date, 2 Leatt MRX Automotive head and neck restraint systems have cracked worldwide. Extensive testing has revealed a material defect with those MRX devices that have been sold to date. In order to ensure this Issue does not re-occur, Leatt is recalling all Leatt MRX Automotive head and neck restraint systems as per the attached service bulletin. We are working urgently on upgraded replacement devices. Please contact Steph Slattery (steph@leatt.com or 661-287-9688) at Leatt USA to return all MRX braces you have purchased for refund, credit, or replacement.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but safety and quality remain our priorities.

Thanks -Todd

Todd Repsher
    National Sales Manager

Leatt Corporation
    26475 Summit Circle
    Santa Clarita, Ca. 91350
    MOBILE: +1 530-913-7238
    todd@leatt.com
    SRC Sampson Racing Communication
    4475 Dupont Crt #2
    Ventura, CA 93003
    866 396 7231
    www.sampsonracing.com

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2141 times

Good thing they sued the crap out of the makers of the Defnder/Necksgen so they could bring their own competing design to market.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    64 times

I think you means HANS?

According to Jayski HANS alleges Innovative Safety makers of the defNder device have infringed on HANS patents for head and neck restraint devices.

“We and our licensees have invested significantly in the invention, innovation and continued development of proprietary head and neck restraint technologies,” said Mark Stiles, Chief Executive Officer of HANS Performance Products. “When others make use of our patented technology, we will always take aggressive action to protect our investment, including the enforcement of our legal rights.”

This deal was nasty...
    4475 Dupont Crt #2
    Ventura, CA 93003
    866 396 7231
    www.sampsonracing.com

Liked
    12 times

I bought one a month ago. I was immediately concerned when I unboxed it. The thing feels flimsy, like I could break it with my hands. It's comfy, but not confidence inspiring.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2141 times

Quote Originally Posted by Sampson Racing Radios View Post
    I think you means HANS?

According to Jayski HANS alleges Innovative Safety makers of the defNder device have infringed on HANS patents for head and neck restraint devices.

“We and our licensees have invested significantly in the invention, innovation and continued development of proprietary head and neck restraint technologies,” said Mark Stiles, Chief Executive Officer of HANS Performance Products. “When others make use of our patented technology, we will always take aggressive action to protect our investment, including the enforcement of our legal rights.”

This deal was nasty...
    LEATT CORPORATION GETS COURT ORDER

PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Thursday, 11 December 2008

LEATT CORPORATION GETS COURT ORDER
    Cape Town, South Africa, 11 December 2008: Leatt Corporation, a Nevada corporation (OTC Symbol: LEAT)(“Company” or Leatt Corporation”), announced today that a South African High Court granted Leatt Corporation¹s request for a restraining order against Karl Ebel and Grant Nelson, former employees of Leatt Corporation, which order temporarily restrains them from disclosure of proprietary information about and commercial exploitation of the Leatt Brace ® Moto-R prototype 2.
    The injunction was granted on December 5, 2008 and will remain in force until resolution of Leatt Corporation¹s pending legal proceeding against Mr. Ebel, Mr. Williams and Mr. Nelson in the South African court. Leatt Corporation alleges that the former employees are selling a neck brace (through a California company) that is based on and violates Leatt Corporation¹s intellectual property rights, that neck brace is sold under the name “DefNder”. Leatt Corporation intends to vigorously pursue its claims in this matter.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1735 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Good thing they sued the crap out of the makers of the Defnder/Necksgen so they could bring their own competing design to market.
    Exactly my toughts.. oh, the irony.

Liked
    64 times

wow... so they got sued by both HANS and LEATT. Man that's a bad day!
    4475 Dupont Crt #2
    Ventura, CA 93003
    866 396 7231
    www.sampsonracing.com

+ Reply to Thread