+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: why is Nissan racing FWD at Le Mans ?

Liked
    133 times

meh. Le Mans 24 Hours: Sunday Scrutineering 2, Nissan

Le Mans will be about a balance between pace and survival and itís in that regard that the team is to opting to run without the troublesome hybrid system engaged in the race, as well as at the Test Day.
    i'm having trouble corroborating this information from another source... if it's true that's pretty damn pathetic.

Liked
    670 times

Yeah, looking at these guys behind the wheel I cannot assume in any way that Nissan is serious about this year 24hrs. I dont mean they are bad drivers, but that is not what it takes if not to win, at least to get a result worth mentioning.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1932 times

Brakes got hot enough -
    img_79301.jpg

Liked
    2281 times

Liked
    17 times

Liked
    29 times

bummer.

Liked
    16 times

What a waste of money. They blew millions on the engineering. I know the guy that built the brakes for it. They contracted out PFC, AP and Brembo to make calipers for that car. For carbon carbon brakes your talking about $300,000-$400,000 per company. A complete waste of money. They skip all the races and test constantly. They tested way more than anyone else. They show up to one race missing 500hp. Get their ass kicked. Then skip the rest of the races, keep testing until last month (November in Sebring), and then pull the plug in December. It would be cheaper to have a drug habit. At least with a drug problem you’ll come away with some cool stories.

Liked
    58 times

3 days before Christmas, really ?
    With so much invested, they couldn't wait a couple of weeks?

AdR
    Liked
    1 times

I feel for the engineers and crew that left their skin trying to get that giant turd to work and were laid off a few days shy of Christmas. Nissan executives must be friends with the duschebag Martin Shkreli... That's the sort of move he would have made.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2471 times

A woefully mis-managed program from the initial concept. The big heads in charge keep their jobs, pensions. The beleagured engineers and staff that tried to make the machine work, fired at Christmas.

I have never been a huge Nissan fan. Any modicum of luster the brand may have held onto with enthusiasts, is now covered in a smelly brown substance.

Way to fail Nissan. 2015 most spectacular implosion award.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2339 times

sorry, but I don't feel bad for the engineers fired...They signed up for a dumb concept, and probably told the high ups that they can engineer FWD to win. bunch of idiots imo.
    bawareca and slodrew like this.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    468 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    A woefully mis-managed program from the initial concept. The big heads in charge keep their jobs, pensions. The beleagured engineers and staff that tried to make the machine work, fired at Christmas.

I have never been a huge Nissan fan. Any modicum of luster the brand may have held onto with enthusiasts, is now covered in a smelly brown substance.

Way to fail Nissan. 2015 most spectacular implosion award.
    Unfortunately being a early Nissan enthusiasts, I begrudgingly have to agree. I get crap all the time for not racing a Nissan because of my ties to Datsun 510's. But as I tell them all. I didn't leave Nissan. Nissan left me.
    bawareca and slodrew like this.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    0 times

So much hate here.

First of all, the theory as to why they felt this platform could be competitive was very sound. From the little birdies i've spoken to, this platform was the most aero efficient in Le Mans, providing crazy levels of DF not normally seen in prototypes. And how were they able to do this? because there was no engine in the back so they had a ton more surface area to work with. Unfortunately it seems there was a massive amount of technical difficulties. I personally felt they bit off more than they could chew with their powerplant. They could have made their powerplant a lot more traditional and achieved the same power output. Afterall, they only need to prove their concept, not an entirely new powertrain. There were also setup woe's. They had idiots set up their suspension. Low speed corners in this thing were abysmal. I know formula 1 sacrifice low speed mechanical grip for aero, but this car took it to another level. It was a solid 5-10 mph slower in hairpins and such because of their extreme wheel rate up front.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3