+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Williams needs Merc's permission to use overtake

Liked
    4 times

Default Williams needs Merc's permission to use overtake

From Motorsport:
    Mark Hughes reports:
    "A lap later Hamilton put an easy DRS pass on Massa into the chicane, Felipe quite compliant. It wasn’t so much about not fighting Williams’ own engine supplier, but simply recognising that fighting the inevitable was only going to slow him. That said, Williams needs the permission of Mercedes whenever it wishes to use the ‘overtake button’ and that permission tends to come more readily when the fight is with a Red Bull or a Ferrari than when it’s a Mercedes...Massa’s engine wasn’t in overtake mode at that moment, Hamilton’s was."
    Man is F1 2014 complicated...

Liked
    192 times

Remote overboost?

Liked
    1485 times

F1 is getting like the "professional wrestling" of the late 1960s. The fix is in. Ever heard of Freddie Blassie?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

+ Reply to Thread