+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Watch F1 or 24 hrLeMans?

Liked
    1452 times

Default Watch F1 or 24 hrLeMans?

WEC chief unhappy with F1 clash - PlanetF1 : PlanetF1

While I agree with Neveu the only real issue is the Hulk can't compete. Any 2 hrs of the 24hrs will be more exciting than 2 hrs of F1. F1 is a yawner and I'm an F1 fan. What would be really cool is if Force India let the Hulk race LeMans and put their reserve driver in for the F1 race. That would speak volumes that F1 needs to change. Where is Baku anyway?

Liked
    847 times

Baku is the capital of Azerbaijan, a former part of the USSR that is located on the Caspian Sea; and there is some seriously bad blood (literal and figurative) between Azerbaijan and Armenia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armeni...ijan_relations

btw: I still gotta go with F1, and the addition of the Hass team next year could help pique my admittedly waning interest.
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 10-17-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Liked
    532 times

It's a no-brainer to me as well, will be watching Le Mans. It's disappointing to see the conflict force F1 drivers out of the option of participating.
    Ryan Passey
    Singulär Motorsports | Goodwin Racing

#13 1990 Miata
    "The sport dedicating to the spirits of time attacking motoring" -Emilio

Liked
    847 times

Then there is the last 10 laps in the season ending BTCC race below. Seriously. One of the very best, most spirited drives of the year - in any series.

"Gordon Shedden came into this race with a narrow 12-point lead over Jason Plato. Race Two of the weekend left him with a garbage 19th place start for the final race of the season. This meant that Shedden had to finish 5th or higher to clinch the season title. Meanwhile, Shedden’s nearest championship rival, Jason Plato, was up front.

If you want to see what teamwork looks like, look no further than the help given by Shedden’s Honda Yuasa teammate Matt Neal. Neal not only held up traffic to allow Shedden to catch up and pass for the fifth place finish that he needed, but he ultimately moved asideto let Shedden through and allow Shedden to extend his points lead. Then, once Shedden was out in front of Neal, Neal held up traffic even more to help keep other cars from catching up.[video]If you want to see what teamwork looks like, look no further than the help given by Shedden’s Honda Yuasa teammate Matt Neal. Neal not only held up traffic to allow Shedden to catch up and pass for the fifth place finish that he needed, but he ultimately moved aside to let Shedden through and allow Shedden to extend his points lead. Once Shedden was out in front of Neal, Neal held up traffic even more to help keep other cars from catching up."

Video link courtesy of Big Happa
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 10-17-2015 at 09:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread