Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard EVO

Thread: Subaru only sending 6,000 BRZ Coupes to U.S. in 2013

Liked
    2356 times

Default Subaru only sending 6,000 BRZ Coupes to U.S. in 2013

Liked
    763 times

Well buy one now at sticker and sell it for a profit when the demand swells. Worst case scenario is you're stuck with a fun car.

I imagine Scion will have a similar number available.
    Last edited by Red_5; 03-13-2012 at 09:17 AM.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

I must be the only one that thinks 6000 is a big number to be sending to a country that is currently pinching pennies let alone thinking about purchasing a "sports car". Especially when you consider its only real competition to the BRZ is the miata (until the frs shows up) but lets not forget a used market full of other cars that are probably equally fun to drive at a substantially lower price point.

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    817 times

I think they understand the market for this isn't all that big. It will be competing with the scion version as well, and the scion version will be less expensive. It's a good car for Scion to sell, but I don't understand how it fits into Sube's lineup or philosophy.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    It's a good car for Scion to sell, but I don't understand how it fits into Sube's lineup or philosophy.
    They just want a piece of the pie, it would have actually been pretty cool if they had made an awd version of the car to fit their line though. Got 2.5rs v. coupe edition? yes please.

Liked
    1485 times

I saw one on the street a couple of weeks ago. Must have been a Distributor car.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    4 times

Subaru+coupe=mucho insurance.....

Liked
    1 times

In Japan, sales forecast of Toyota new 86 is 1000 per month. However, they already got 7000 orders.

Liked
    72 times

this car may not be a money maker. it may be a down market tactic like the GTR. People come in to see the BRZ, they leave in a wrx...

Liked
    2356 times

Aren't these cheaper than a WRX?

Liked
    145 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    I think they understand the market for this isn't all that big. It will be competing with the scion version as well, and the scion version will be less expensive. It's a good car for Scion to sell, but I don't understand how it fits into Sube's lineup or philosophy.
    Flat 4 aka boxer motor.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    150 times

Scion will sell as many as they can. I would buy a Scion anyway. That's where the demand, factory and aftermarket support will be.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Aren't these cheaper than a WRX?
    Yes. Nothing like a GT-R. Matt's on crack.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    31 times

Price should be just under the WRX for the base model.

Although I still don't think you can beat the all around utility/performance of the WRX in the cars under 30K category.

Liked
    41 times

The car completely alienates the traditional Subaru market.

I agree with their low sales projections; after the initial hype, they won't be selling a lot.

That being said, I've had a deposit placed on one for a while now

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2585 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Yes. Nothing like a GT-R. Matt's on crack.
    You're missing the point and I think Matt is right on the mark. Guys come in to ogle GTR's and drive out with some other Nissan product.
    Guys will come in to check out the BRZ and drive out with WRX's. You'd have to be pretty naive to think that Subaru has not trained their sales force for just that scenario.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    807 times

I would come in to look at the BRZ then drive out with a WRX. I still lust for the STI wagon. Xenu bless my wife for putting up with my Colin McRae daydreams. She put up with it when I kept a rusting 323 GTX around for salt ride duties and rallycross suicide machine. Mrs. McCocken is a patient woman.

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    You're missing the point and I think Matt is right on the mark. Guys come in to ogle GTR's and drive out with some other Nissan product.
    Guys will come in to check out the BRZ and drive out with WRX's. You'd have to be pretty naive to think that Subaru has not trained their sales force for just that scenario.
    Well maybe. But a "halo" car does not normally cost the same or less as the pedestrian sedan the Car Co. is trying to sell. The GT-R is around $100K now. I get they are trying to sell $35K 370Z by having a GT-R in the showroom. I don't know if that strategy works with the BRZ on the showroom floor and then they move the customer to the WRX that costs more.

The frenzy about the BRZ/FRS/86 is all out of proportion to how good the car is. There will be the obligatory over MSRP sales for the first couple of months, but then the hysteria will calm down, they will sell the few cars they have at MSRP or a small discount, and it will be discontinued in 3 years at the most.
    bawareca likes this.

+ Reply to Thread