+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (Spoiler Warning!!) Conti race at Daytona!

Liked
    72 times

Default (Spoiler Warning!!) Conti race at Daytona!

Sorry to those who are waiting to see it on TV. I wasnt thinking. I was following on the web. I cant figure out how to change the title or delete the thread. maybe a mod can do it for me?

Looks like Billy won the season opener.

What a way to get the new season off to a good start. Congrats Billy. And good luck this weekend in the big show. Would be cool to see you pull a double.
    Last edited by Matt Andrews; 01-27-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Liked
    1493 times

Spoiler you rat bastard mother****er!

Ahem....
    Good job billy!
    Last edited by robburgoon; 01-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Liked
    763 times

I hope it isn't going to be televised if youre going to spoil the outcome like that. Geez!
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    34 times

title edited.

Congrats Billy!!! Kick some more butts this weekend.

Liked
    2343 times

Congrats Billy!!!
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    145 times

I have to work so I'll take any info I can get, good job Billy.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    22 times

Way to go Billy!
    Streaming live on speed.com

If you not home in front of the TV

The new Corvette Prototype is awesome!
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

"Shoe"
    Liked
    590 times

Catch the GRAND-AM CTSCC race from DAYTONA on SPEED channel TODAY at NOON EST (9am pst) and follow the #61 Roush Performance Mustang! It's an exciting one!

Liked
    990 times

Wow, Billy is doing an amazing job keeping the #61 in the lead. I can see why so many teams want him driving for them.

Liked
    977 times

****ing Andrews ruining it for everybody!!

j/k, already knew the outcome. Nice job as always Billy, or Doctor J as I am now calling you.

Liked
    1493 times

Billy, what the heck happened on that pit stop with your mustangs parked waiting for a BMW to do a burnout from the last pit stall? Is there some moronic Conti rule making things screwy?

Liked
    1493 times

Billy, nice use of some late braking and some brilliant trail braking to defend the lead. Me gusta!

Way to finish them off with the 3rd to last lap burst.

Liked
    1493 times

That ST finish was pretty BS, Pierre needs a DQ.

Liked
    990 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Yeah, I thought that was very suspicious how the other car had a run on the inside for the win and then they made contact and the leader went on to win.

Liked
    1493 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    Yeah, I thought that was very suspicious how the other car had a run on the inside for the win and then they made contact and the leader went on to win.
    What's suspicious about it? The car on the outside was beat and gently turned Johnnson to slow him. Pretty bad.

Liked
    990 times

What's suspicious about it? The car on the outside was beat and gently turned Johnnson to slow him. Pretty bad.
    I meant to put quotes around "suspicious". I was yelling at the TV after I saw that.

Liked
    763 times

Yeah, I was wondering about that. It looked like the Mazda hit the Kia to make the Kia hit the brakes. It worked but seemed unsportsmanlike.

Great job Billy. Were there any words between Shelby and Jack Jr after their rubbing?
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

"Shoe"
    Liked
    590 times

Billy, what the heck happened on that pit stop with your mustangs parked waiting for a BMW to do a burnout from the last pit stall? Is there some moronic Conti rule making things screwy?
    Two Falline BMWs jumped us and the first car lined up at pit-out when the pit out opened back up. They close off pit exit until the whole field goes by and then those who pitted can line up behind the field. The two cars were forced by grandam to fall back behind us where they should have been. But that was after some yellow flag battling and fist shaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering about that. It looked like the Mazda hit the Kia to make the Kia hit the brakes. It worked but seemed unsportsmanlike.

Great job Billy. Were there any words between Shelby and Jack Jr after their rubbing?
    There was a little joking going on but after reviewing the incar video, i need to talk to Shelby since Jack had him and Shelby closed the door on him and consequentially was moved out of the way. It was a racing incident and sh*t happens but Jack should have been given 3/4 of a car width to race on. With a nose-up like that, Shelby could have held on the outside and had Jack beat to the T4 kink if he played his cards right.
    Last edited by Stuntman; 02-08-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Liked
    1493 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Two Falline BMWs jumped us and the first car lined up at pit-out when the pit out opened back up. They close off pit exit until the whole field goes by and then those who pitted can line up behind the field. The two cars were forced by grandam to fall back behind us where they should have been. But that was after some yellow flag battling and fist shaking.

There was a little joking going on but after reviewing the incar video, i need to talk to Shelby since Jack had him and Shelby closed the door on him and consequentially was moved out of the way. It was a racing incident and sh*t happens but Jack should have been given 3/4 of a car width to race on. With a nose-up like that, Shelby could have held on the outside and had Jack beat to the T4 kink if he played his cards right.
    Ahh, ok, I get it. The worker had the "stop" sign up at pit out and you're supposed to line up orderly? but the line was forming next to pit stalls. D'oh!

Billy, I didn't look closely, but I agree with you. If Shelby didn't see, he needs to pay attention. If he did see and closed the door on his teammate, well.. I'm no grand am racer, but of all the cars that you could leave extra room for, a teammate should be the top of the list unless it's in the last couple laps or something.

Even if Jr wasn't up far enough, it just invites rage from papa Roush when the cars could have damaged each other.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    590 times

Ahh, ok, I get it. The worker had the "stop" sign up at pit out and you're supposed to line up orderly? but the line was forming next to pit stalls. D'oh!

Billy, I didn't look closely, but I agree with you. If Shelby didn't see, he needs to pay attention. If he did see and closed the door on his teammate, well.. I'm no grand am racer, but of all the cars that you could leave extra room for, a teammate should be the top of the list unless it's in the last couple laps or something.

Even if Jr wasn't up far enough, it just invites rage from papa Roush when the cars could have damaged each other.
    Yes you cannot exit the pitts to the track when the field is still passing the pit exit. So they hold you at pit out which is where the problem was since rhe bmw in pit box #1 could not line up behind us and jumped us as they opened the pit lane.

+ Reply to Thread