+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: SCCA Runoffs

Liked
    2242 times

Quote Originally Posted by markn View Post
    Fl head and humidity has to be experienced to believe. Misery.

Mark
    Precisely why I don't live there anymore. 20 years was more than enough.

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    The NBs are more slippery than the NAs even with the lights down. Solid lifters. More torque. Some say better suspension geometry, too. There were only two NAs at the NASA Eastern States Championships and they were nowhere near the front. The other 32 cars were NBs.
    Even with all that, let the NAs keep the doors down and run with parking lights or just give the option of installing flush lights. What a giant FU to the NA owners.

Liked
    2242 times

Will the track be lighted for the event?

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif
    Liked
    345 times

yes sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Will the track be lighted for the event?
    AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports
    http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Sir flink
    Liked
    552 times

What a stupid place to hold a road course championship.

SCCA spent all these years trying to equalize different cars for road course use, then they go and make them race on a NASCAR track. Completely predictable result: cars that got a power advantage coz they (or their drivers) can't turn get to run rings around everyone else.

Liked
    1486 times

Quote Originally Posted by flink View Post
    What a stupid place to hold a road course championship.

SCCA spent all these years trying to equalize different cars for road course use, then they go and make them race on a NASCAR track. Completely predictable result: cars that got a power advantage coz they (or their drivers) can't turn get to run rings around everyone else.
    Definately horsepower wins. The venue is a great venue and it is Daytona. Being that I was surprised scca did not break 600 drivers. Some claim that some drivers thought the track too fast. Others say the scca concept of week long plus event is just too much time to invest. I'm here for a week and all I am doing is show up for qually and race. I did runoffs at 1st time at laguna. That was cool because it was new to me. So now I'm being steamed like a clam in the florida heat for a whole week for runoffs #2. I have lost interest and I'm read to go home. I actually chartered two days of flyfishing since I need a break. Will I do a 3rd runoffs at Mid-O????? I doubt it.

Oh if you don't like rovals rumor is Indy might be on the calendar 2017
    Last edited by fatbillybob; 09-22-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Liked
    641 times

Wish you all the best and make sure to survive the heat
    Runoffs dont seem to be broadcast at speedcast.tv

Liked
    345 times

My understanding is that the broadcasts will begin on Friday when the races start.

Mark
    AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports

Liked
    188 times

This just popped up in my Twitter feed...

End to the SM race.

beermanpete likes this.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2398 times

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoe Money View Post

End to the SM race.
    That's NASA at VIR. Thread is SCCA at Daytona.
    bawareca likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    981 times

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoe Money View Post
    That's weird because this just popped up in my Twitter feed too!

Olitho, robburgoon, hakeem and 1 others like this.

Liked
    981 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    Definately horsepower wins. The venue is a great venue and it is Daytona. Being that I was surprised scca did not break 600 drivers. Some claim that some drivers thought the track too fast. Others say the scca concept of week long plus event is just too much time to invest. I'm here for a week and all I am doing is show up for qually and race. I did runoffs at 1st time at laguna. That was cool because it was new to me. So now I'm being steamed like a clam in the florida heat for a whole week for runoffs #2. I have lost interest and I'm read to go home. I actually chartered two days of flyfishing since I need a break. Will I do a 3rd runoffs at Mid-O????? I doubt it.

Oh if you don't like rovals rumor is Indy might be on the calendar 2017
    Wow, I hope you start enjoying it Carl! It's a great opportunity just to be there so make the most of it. Good luck and keep the hammer down. We would love to hear any details and updates you have to share.
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    1486 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    Wow, I hope you start enjoying it Carl! It's a great opportunity just to be there so make the most of it. Good luck and keep the hammer down. We would love to hear any details and updates you have to share.
    Well it is pretty fun and it is Daytona. You know the mystic and all. I have had a great year with Lewis's crew. The guys are a crack up and really fun to be around. It is not as much fun as Laguna Runoffs because all you guys and other friends you know really make it fun. I liked daytona better in may during testing and I was faster too. It is the heat. I'm dying my car don't like it either. I sit on the grid with my cool suit full blast and A/C going.

The only relief is being on the water with the seabreeze. Me personally, I can’t catch a break. Went out in qual1 to shake car down after the R&R on old spent tires and reacquaint myself with the track. I did not even try for a fast time. Went out qual2 in blazing heat went 2 secs slower on sticker tires. WTF? Track supper greasy I guess the heat? Traffic and yellow flags everywhere all session it seemed. Even black flagged the whole group for something then let us back out. I had 2 clean laps and just screwed them both up. I was too hot and tired to realign the vette after the clutch R&R so the rear thrust and toe is "who knows". It could have got in perfect, unlikely, or a 50 50 chance to make better left turns or right turns. But of course my car is making better right turns on a left dominant track.

Today qually3 my group was the only one to have a rainy session! I did not even bother to go out. I got one more qually session tomorrow which will be either very hot or rainy. I'm going fishing tomorrow so maybe I make it to my 4 pm qually session maybe not. Thankfully my race is at 830 am the coolest part of the day. If it stays dry I will race. If it rains I am certain I can place better than if it stays dry but quite frankly I'm a bit burnt out and tired of shelling out "race units" (thousand dollar bills). Im leaving the rain tires in the hoosier truck and If it thunderstorms I'll spend the money on the fishing guide. Now this is not as dismal as it all sounds.

It is just the way it is. It's racing. Sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windshield. And there are others we know who have had real issues at daytona but thankfully they will all work out. I'm just whining. Remember the movie "a league of their own?" Tom Hanks, "THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    45 times

One good thing about Florida, and I don't mean leathery old ladies, is that there are fish in every lake, pond, and puddle there. I did the fishing thing after a bad R/C race weekend in Fort Myers several years ago and caught a perch within 5 minutes.

Good luck with the qualifying and fishing tomorrow.

Liked
    421 times

You don't even have to leave the track to fish at Daytona. Lake Lloyd is stocked.
    -Anthony
    1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
    2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650LT - commuter
    2016 KTM 690 Duke - parked at the dealer

Liked
    45 times

The GT1 race was a real snoozer. GT1 was never really a good race in itself at the Runoffs over many years, but the cars were something to behold. This time there just weren't enough of them. Good for Lewis though.

HP was crazy at the end, and F500 was also good. And here come the B-spec bumper cars. I have to wake up early tomorrow to catch STL at 7:20 AM our time.

And... Spec Miata under the lights at 2.5 hours!

Liked
    345 times

SM race under the lights on at 4:30 PST.

Live Timing

Video feed is to the right of the timing and scoring panel.
    robburgoon likes this.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports

Liked
    45 times

I rescind my single FCY prediction now that the track is damp...

Liked
    981 times

Light rain before the race. 60+ spec miata racers. Night race at the Runoffs. What could go wrong? Should be fun!

Liked
    345 times

Woot! 61 cars. National Championship. Wet/damp track. This is how you spell carnage.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast