+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Maldonaldo Penalized for Pass on Hamilton

Liked
    887 times

Default Maldonaldo Penalized for Pass on Hamilton

Kind of interesting (see link below)

Just goes to show how little I know. I thought Lewis was a bit more at fault for not leaving any room.

Formula 1

Liked
    1485 times

^^^ Don't matter to the trachHQ 2012 F1 Challenge, which is based on whoever wins and shows up at the post-race interview. After imposed penalties are ignored.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1493 times

F1 racing room rules are kinda screwy, i think they go by whichever car is ahead is god. Hamilton totally chased donald duck off which was a crap idea.

Liked
    145 times

Four wheels off bad.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    2528 times

Hamilton do not have to leave room (he would if there was a wall) Maldonado can lift and tuck behind Hamilton. Maldonado was the one that decided to rejoin the track on throttle.

Contact was a avoidable, If and only if Maldonado lifted. Which he decides against. Thus the penalty
    Matt Andrews and hakeem like this.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    114 times

^^Exactly^^

Liked
    1493 times

Right, but the wacky F1 thing is that Hamilton gets ahead at the apex which apparently gets him the right to exit like Mal isn't there and force him off.

Liked
    3 times

Just watching it I thought Hamilton should have given room, but learning that Maldonado effectively forfeited the right to space by going off makes sense. Personally, I think Maldonado should be permanently banned from F1 because of his intentional impacts with Hamilton and Perez.
    2005 Noble M400, upgraded to 500+ hp.
    2005 Elise S2 SCCA T2 legal

Liked
    1493 times

Quote Originally Posted by No Lotus View Post
    Just watching it I thought Hamilton should have given room, but learning that Maldonado effectively forfeited the right to space by going off makes sense. Personally, I think Maldonado should be permanently banned from F1 because of his intentional impacts with Hamilton and Perez.
    So.. he should have made deliberate contact with Hamilton to stay on the track when Hamilton tracked out?

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by No Lotus View Post
    Personally, I think Maldonado should be permanently banned from F1 because of his intentional impacts with Hamilton and Perez.
    What? Schumacher would have been banned before he had a chance to win his first championship if they followed this logic.
    mlk_f1 likes this.

Liked
    2343 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    What? Schumacher would have been banned before he had a chance to win his first championship if they followed this logic.

Hakeem wishes he bought a T1 Corvette!
    bellwilliam likes this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    2356 times

^^ You see what I mean? Really, Spec Miata, can you make just one post, Spec Miata, without having to mention your own car? If this isn't ubiquitous, Spec Miata, I don't know what is, Spec Miata.

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Hakeem wishes he bought a T1 Corvette!
    I'm definitely feeling solid about the ST2 choice, especially with the (potential) looming T1 changes. Racing against a bunch of Honda's doesn't sound like fun to me

Liked
    15 times

I thought Hamilton should leave more room
    his tires were dropping off like crazy there was no way he can hold Maldonado off until the end of the race
    he should have give room and take the 4th place
    he wanted to shut the door so bad and now he's got no point
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    2528 times

Quote Originally Posted by momofoolio View Post
    I thought Hamilton should leave more room
    his tires were dropping off like crazy there was no way he can hold Maldonado off until the end of the race
    he should have give room and take the 4th place
    he wanted to shut the door so bad and now he's got no point
    problem with that is you never know. it is possible Maldonado's tire is going off or will be going off soon... or by holding Maldonado off just a bit longer, it in turns hold off the next guy just a little bit longer. thus 4th, instead of 5th or 6th..
    there is no reason for Hamilton to let Maldonado by. Maldonado should of backed off, tuck behind Hamilton and do the DRS thing on the straight.
    my point is Maldonado had a choice, Hamilton did not have a choice of avoiding a collision, but Maldonado rather punt Hamilton out instead...
    once Hamilton blocks you, and you are off racing surface. you need to suck it up, back off and try it next time. not crash into the side of your competitor. this is not SM after all.
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 06-29-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    mlk_f1 and hakeem like this.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    977 times

I agree with William. Letting someone by because your tires are going off is crazy talk. If Maldonado is that much faster he has multiple opportunities to overtake before the race end. As we've already seen in previous races, he is impatient and ends up with a DNF instead.
    mlk_f1 likes this.

Liked
    34 times

Ha its about time the freakin FIA made the right call on an incident involving hamilton. This was clearly Mal's fault. Not to mention it caused me 5 points.

Liked
    299 times

If Ronald McDonald went side by side through the entire sequence of corners but Hamilton didn't leave any room whatsoever on the apex of the last turn and they collided, Hamilton would be at fault.

In this case, Ronald McDonald went off the track on the exit of the first chicane/turn due to Hamilton tracking out and leaving no room. Once that happened, Ronald McDonald had a choice. Bail out and either tuck in BEHIND Hamilton or cut across the runoff of the chicane/turn and join behind Hamilton/pass Hamilton, but give position back right after. Try again on the next straight/next turn/next lap.

Ronald McDonald showed poor judgement and lack of patience and caused an avoidable accident when he broadsided Hamilton. Hamilton does NOT have to leave any racing room for a car to join back on the track. Especially if its on the racing line and not offline. Whoever is on the track has the right of way. If there was train of 20 cars front to back behind Hamilton, they do NOT have to leave racing room for the car that is OFF the track to join the track. Doesn't make any sense. Once off the track, that person has the responsibility to join back safely.

Obviously if there is a car off the track on the main straight and the car is getting back on the left and trying to get up to speed. You don't just keep staying on the left going 300kph knowing you will smash into him if you stay left. You leave him some room and go around him.
    Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
    1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
    2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
    2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
    1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
    1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
    1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
    1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
    1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
    2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Liked
    1493 times

All well, but what about why he went 4 off to begin with? Why don't I just fail to turn in sometime, force someone 4 off, then deny them access to the track? Does the other guy have to wreck me for me to be at fault?

I think I have a new strategy for whenever I am side by side and on the inside for the next corner.

Liked
    34 times

It wasn't like Mal was clearly ahead of hamilton under breaking. they were neck to neck. So there wasn't a clear advantage on Mal's part there before turn in. If both of them were trying to out brake each other, being on the inside hamilton will have a hard time keeping a tight line without spinning. So you can't say hamy purposely force Mal off track. And shouldn't ultimately the car in the back need to make sure its safe to do the passing?

Now if Mal was clearly ahead of Hamilton before turn in then it would be a different story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast