+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Lotus will no longer make US street-legal cars

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by cosmin View Post
    Maybe next time you need a doctor you just wrap the injury up in bubble gum and duct tape and see how that goes.
    Prop. 46 won't destroy the medical profession. It will make doctors more accountable for their negligence that seriously injures their patients. Doctors have been hiding behind the $250K limit on pain and suffering damages for medical malpractice for 40 years. Just hope it's not you that gets hurt that way. It might change your view.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    150 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Prop. 46 won't destroy the medical profession. It will make doctors more accountable for their negligence that seriously injures their patients. Doctors have been hiding behind the $250K limit on pain and suffering damages for medical malpractice for 40 years. Just hope it's not you that gets hurt that way. It might change your view.
    Negligence and accidental injury are two separate things but lawyers try hard to make every injury seem as negligence so they can influence a jury and increase payouts.

Pain and suffering pay outs are in addition to medical costs and life expenses.

You want to know why healthcare is expensive or why pregnant women in rural america have less and less ob care available? The cost of malpractice insurance is $80k a year. Doctors in rural areas dont have the patient volume to cover so they leave and people literally now have to visit walmart clinics for care.

$250k is adequate compensations . Increasing it will benefit lawyers and the few injured that go to trial but everyone else loses.
    Last edited by Silversprint; 09-24-2014 at 10:49 PM.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by Silversprint View Post
    Negligence and accidental injury are two separate things but lawyers try hard to make every injury seem as negligence so they can influence a jury and increase payouts.

Pain and suffering pay outs are in addition to medical costs and life expenses.

$250k is adequate compensations.
    You are 25 years old. Your doctor commits malpractice that causes you excrutiating pain every hour of every day for the next 60 years. $250,000- compensates you for that? I don't think so . . .

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    150 times

How do you know he is in pain and not simply looking for a payout? How do you know he will continue to be in pain or even if he lives 60 years? Does the court get a refund if he dies in an accident in a year? You can put any value on something immeasurable or non quantifiable so yes $250k is fine.

The cost of loss of wages, medical and living expenses are things that are measurable and can have an absolute value.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by Silversprint View Post
    How do you know he is in pain and not simply looking for a payout? How do you know he will continue to be in pain or even if he lives 60 years? Does the court get a refund if he dies in an accident in a year? You can put any value on something immeasurable or non quantifiable so yes $250k is fine.

The cost of loss of wages, medical and living expenses are things that are measurable and can have an absolute value.
    I'm not saying that every medical malpractice case with pain and suffering damages is worth more than $250K. What I'm saying, is that the worst cases of medical malpractice, including doctors who intentionally got themselves addicted to narcotics, which is pretty common, and doctors who commit gross negligence, which causes extreme pain and suffering to their innocent patients, should not be protected by the idiotic 40-year-old law limiting pain and suffering damages for a lifetime to $250K. Do you really disagree? If so, you just want negligent rich doctors and their wealthy medical malpractice insurance companies to get away scot free while their damaged patients suffer for life.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 09-24-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    817 times

If doctors pay $80,000 a year for coverage that caps at $250,000 per claim, then malpractice insurance companies believe that doctors will be sued for, and lose, a malpractice claim once every 4 years.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    74 times

I'm not saying that every medical malpractice case with pain and suffering damages is worth more than $250K. What I'm saying, is that the worst cases of medical malpractice, including doctors who intentionally got themselves addicted to narcotics, which is pretty common, and doctors who commit gross negligence, which causes extreme pain and suffering to their innocent patients, should not be protected by the idiotic 40-year-old law limiting pain and suffering damages for a lifetime to $250K. Do you really disagree? If so, you just want negligent rich doctors and their wealthy medical malpractice insurance companies to get away scot free while their damaged patients suffer for life.
    They need to adjust the law to protect doctors and patients. This is a just lazy, short-sighted, pat-yourself-on-the-back, law making.

Liked
    1485 times

One of the greatest thread-jacks here of all time, if I do say so myself . . .

Too bad Lotus is leaving the USA.

Liked
    817 times

Quote Originally Posted by cosmin View Post
    They need to adjust the law to protect doctors and patients. This is a just lazy, short-sighted, pat-yourself-on-the-back, law making.
    What laws would you propose?

I don't think there should be a cap at all for damages awarded. The jury should decide what's equitable on a case-by-case basis. Most cases would end in settlement anyway.

I think doctors need better working conditions. The sort of hours they work is ridiculous, and no doubt contributes to any malpractice that does happen. The best doctor I've ever had was at a clinic. I paid $25 to see him, with no insurance. He worked 12-14 hours each day, 6-7 days a week, for about $60,000/year. I don't even see how that could be legal.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    150 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    What laws would you propose?

I don't think there should be a cap at all for damages awarded. The jury should decide what's equitable on a case-by-case basis. Most cases would end in settlement anyway.

I think doctors need better working conditions. The sort of hours they work is ridiculous, and no doubt contributes to any malpractice that does happen. The best doctor I've ever had was at a clinic. I paid $25 to see him, with no insurance. He worked 12-14 hours each day, 6-7 days a week, for about $60,000/year. I don't even see how that could be legal.
    You probably didn't see a doctor at a clinic. Most clinics today employ nurse practitioners or physician assistants that pose as doctors. They are suppose to be monitored by a doctor but they are not. It's now legal for a doctor to remotely monitor a clinic from anywhere.

The reason there is a cap on damages is because certain specialties such as anesthesia and obstetrics would become uninsurable. They are sued a lot because risk of injury is high. No doctor would want to risk everything everything they own.

Anyway lotus announced its not leaving the US. It's going to take 2015 of to update the Evora and return in 2016.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    2343 times

I think M&Ms are better without peanuts.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    817 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Is this a test to see if this forum would argue about literally anything?

Because you'd be wrong.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    I feel foolish having commented on the Evora in this thread.

Liked
    2343 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    I feel foolish having commented on the Evora in this thread.
    So which is better M&M with peanuts or without?

Liked
    1485 times

I don't like M&Ms . . .

Liked
    2343 times

I don't like M&Ms . . .
    It figures you atheist communist anti-free market lawyer forum-law-enforcement bastard!

Liked
    1485 times

Hey, show some respect! That's "Mr. atheist communist anti-free market lawyer forum law enforcement bastard" to the likes of you . . .

Liked
    2343 times

Hey, show some respect! That's "Mr. atheist communist anti-free market lawyer forum law enforcement bastard" to the likes of you . . .

OK, I stand corrected. I bet these are your favorite cookies.

vagina-cookies.jpg

Liked
    1485 times

^^^ Cookies mmmmmm . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2