+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gian

Thread: Lotus Evora set for Grand Am

Liked
    2356 times

Default Lotus Evora set for Grand Am

The Evora is supposed to appear in a few races later this year and then campaign a full season in 2013.

Lotus Evora set for Grand Am | Racecar Engineering

upev01.jpg

Liked
    481 times

Nice looking car. But with all that beautiful craftmanship. The one sore thumb, if you will. Is the bracket for the right side net. It looks a little flimsy
    Blackbird likes this.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    1485 times

There was an Evora, and a new Viper, in a road race I saw on Speed TV a week or two ago. I think it was ALMS, but it might hav been Rolex. The Evora was black -- so not the one shown here.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    223 times

Nice car. Hopefully Lotus has better luck with this new variant, but not exactly cutting new ground here. The Evora raced in the 2011 Le Mans with a 22nd place finish and a retirement.

Car development doesn't guarantee success. Turn back time with the Elise GT1. It was misfortune at every corner. Reliability problems. The program passed hands several times before it was abandoned altogether. The earlier Esprit GT1 had outright speed but couldn't finish a race. Both were beautiful builds but not sustainable. Fortunately Lotus has had much better success in F1.

Race car reliability is a wicked thing. You do everything you can and the car still invents new ways to break itself. It's no small miracle whenever a car crosses the line.

Liked
    2356 times

Lotus had a couple of Evoras on display. Quite a bit more refined inside than the Elise. And boy are they beautiful.

Liked
    1485 times

^^^But an Elise/Exige weighs 2,000 lbs., and an Evora weighs 3,000 lbs. A huge move in the wrong direction by Lotus, IMHO.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    977 times

I actually think this car is pretty unattractive. The fact that it is a heavy pig doesn't help either. The new Exige however is wonderful.

Liked
    1485 times

There's a new Exige? I thought it was discontinued. Please post a link . . .

Liked
    977 times

Some news, unclear (unlikely) if it is coming to the US or not: 2012 Lotus Exige S Photos and Info – News – Car and Driver

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post

Some news, unclear (unlikely) if it is coming to the US or not: 2012 Lotus Exige S Photos and Info – News – Car and Driver
    Damn! A 2,000 lb. Lotus with 345 hp. We never get the best $h!t in the USA.

Liked
    1485 times

Dreaded double post. But that white car is biatchen . . .
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 08-20-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Liked
    2356 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    ^^^But an Elise/Exige weighs 2,000 lbs., and an Evora weighs 3,000 lbs. A huge move in the wrong direction by Lotus, IMHO.
    True, but I imagine they will sell better here than the Elise/Exige because the Evora has more, well, American proportions inside.

+ Reply to Thread