Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Loose Caboose
  • 3 Post By Loose Caboose
  • 2 Post By Blackbird

Thread: Haas's (American) F1 Team Goes Euro

Liked
    887 times

Default Haas's (American) F1 Team Goes Euro

Logistically, this sounds like a positive development for the team.

At a minimum, this team should provide a compelling long-term story line for American F1 fans.

Haas buys Marussia factory for European base

"Haas F1 will have a European base after all. Many observers believed that to have a facility in the U.S would prove practically impossible to compete at the highest level – irrespective of the quality of personal that would be willing to relocate across the ‘pond’. Despite building a state of the art facility in North Carolina, the logistics would prove almost impossible.

With the Marussia teams assets being put up for auction, the initial belief was that Haas was merely looking to acquire some of the assets. But the factory was not amongst the lots for biding and had already been acquired by Haas.

The team is preparing its entry for the 2016 season and has signed contracts to use the 2016 Ferrari power unit and it is believed that the team has also acquired the data and designs for the 2015 Marussia
    ."
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 12-27-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    2GRX7 and bawareca like this.

Liked
    1485 times

Why do they want designs for the 2015 Marussia - a consistent loser?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    887 times

They should be able to begin making changes and generate new data without having to make a lot of arbitratry, early stage decisions that could lead them down some blind alleys.
    2GRX7, bawareca and Blackbird like this.

Liked
    145 times

I think they are smart enough to analyze the data and see where Marussia made their mistakes. Since Ferrari looks like it's commenting team suicide Hass can grab the best of Ferrari's old engineers and get a running start.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    They should be able to begin making changes and generate new data without having to make a lot of arbitratry, early stage decisions that could lead them down some blind alleys.
    I definitely agree with this. Further, not only will they no longer need Dallara (or Ferrari, for that matter)for assistance (higher costs), They have a known quantity in the Marussia design with a proper budget backing them, and the best wind tunnel in the world, PERIOD.

I'm curious to see who HAAS lures to the U.S. I'm sure a lot of people are saying, " can't be done if they're not in the UK", but if those potential employees do come here, they'll most likely be paid in Euros, so there's a bit of an up side to coming here. Moving to Charlotte-well, hey, it's becoming a bit more "high-brow".

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    2085 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Why do they want designs for the 2015 Marussia - a consistent loser?
    It worked for Brawn GP.

+ Reply to Thread