+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grand Am at COTA next week (March 2nd)

Liked
    887 times

Default Grand Am at COTA next week (March 2nd)

Absent anomalous events, Billy "the shoe" Johnson should beat this guy.

GRAND-AM TV

Sir flink
    Liked
    553 times

lolwut, their video server's on dialup.

Liked
    450 times

what's the reason for having a window net and head net on the same side of the driver? don't they do the same thing? isn't that more obstacles to for a quick exit in emergency?
    -Anthony
    1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
    2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650LT - commuter

Liked
    1495 times

Quote Originally Posted by b3d3g1 View Post
    what's the reason for having a window net and head net on the same side of the driver? don't they do the same thing? isn't that more obstacles to for a quick exit in emergency?
    One keeps stuff out. One keeps head on shoulders. One needs to be close to do its job, the other needs to be far.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    590 times

Anyone going to COTA?

Should be an interesting and exciting race. I have no idea how we are going to perform (especially being 50lbs+ heavier than any other car in our class and in some cases 500lbs heavier). The Astons, Porsches, and BMWs are fast there. We'll see how our solid-axle car does! Oh, and FIA curbing is not friendly to pad knock-back especially in strut-based cars. Could lead to some failures.

On another note, be sure to watch the 12Hr of Sebring where i'll be in the 007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage for AMR.

Billy

Liked
    887 times

This will be the last year that Sebring will run the LMP1 class, so it will be historic. And Audi will be there with their R18 Etron Quattro's.

Not to mention that Billy is licensed to "kill" in his secret agent Aston Martin.

Sebring International Raceway

Great weekend! F1 in Melbourne and Billy at Sebring.

Liked
    672 times

Not sure who saw the race, I missed it but my buddy who is the president of the BMWCCA club in my region says over dinner that the Turner BMW dominated its class, so I go look at recaps and it turns out that drive-through penalties basically paved the way for them.

But in other news, the CJ Wilson miata recovered from a spin like a boss:

And revenge was had on the BMW that spun him by way of a last-lap pass for P1.
    Ryan Passey
    Singulär Motorsports | Goodwin Racing

#13 1990 Miata
    "The sport dedicating to the spirits of time attacking motoring" -Emilio

Liked
    693 times

Quote Originally Posted by thepass View Post
    Not sure who saw the race, I missed it but my buddy who is the president of the BMWCCA club in my region says over dinner that the Turner BMW dominated its class, so I go look at recaps and it turns out that drive-through penalties basically paved the way for them.

There were a few penalties for sure,but if you are in the middle,or last,penalties wont give you the win.At the midpoint Bill Auberlen was 2 laps down,but brilliant driving,brilliant pit-stop strategy and some luck,of course,put them at the top step of the podium.At the end of the day,the win is a win.
    There was a very similar situation in the DP.01 Riley-BMW was dominant since the start of the race,but Pruett did a mistake that no one expected from him.Even with a hurt car and 2 extra pit stops he almost managed to get the win,but traffic slowed him down badly at the last lap.At the end of the day the win went to the red dragon ,and if you say that someone else's mishap paved their way to the win,you should be right,but that doesnt mean that they got it as a gift.

Sir flink
    Liked
    553 times

Mike's uploaded some in-car vid: 2013 Rolex GT @ COTA - YouTube. It's nice to see some extended driver's-view footage. It's a busy little track!

Liked
    887 times

For what it's worth, I saw somewhere that Turner Motorsports had a pronounced asymetrical set up on their car. "One side set up for a road course and the other side set up for oval."

+ Reply to Thread