Liked
    2363 times

Default Financial Times Video on Formula E Racing Series

Liked
    2363 times

FIA outline of Formula E

FIA Formula E Championship | Federation Internationale de l'Automobile

A new FIA Championship in 2014

Formula E is a new FIA championship featuring Formula cars powered exclusively by electric energy. It represents a vision for the future of the motor industry over the coming decades.

FEH, the new promoter, has as anchor investor London-based entrepreneur Enrique Bañuelos, and as CEO and shareholder former MEP and racing team owner Alejandro Agag, who has a long experience in the motor sport business. Also associated with the project are Lord Drayson, Managing Partner of Drayson Racing Technologies, and Eric Barbaroux, Chairman of the French electric automotive company "Electric Formula".

Demonstration runs of the Formula E cars will start in 2013, followed by the championship in 2014 with an objective of 10 teams and 20 drivers participating in the competition. The races will be ideally staged in the heart of the world’s leading cities, around their main landmarks.

Specifications
    There will be 10 teams – 20 drivers – 40 cars
    Each team will include 2 drivers and 4 cars
    e-Prix will be held in 10 cities across the world
    Racetracks will be in town: 2.5 to 3 km long
    Cars will accelerate from 0 to 100Km/h in 3 seconds, with a maximum speed of 220Km/h
    Noise decibel levels: ordinary car=70dB; Formula E=80dB; bus=90dB

The Race
    Early morning: free practice session, followed by qualifying.
    Late morning: qualifying 1 lap time each driver with both cars A and B
    Afternoon: a 2-hour break to recharge the cars
    Evening: Final race with 3 stints and 2 pit stops
    Pit stop will involve a change of car: when the battery runs out, the driver will make a pit stop, then will run 100 metres to climb into a recharged car

Official Website : Formula E

Liked
    1485 times

^^^ That has to be the first time in trackHQ history that there has been a link here to the Financial Times . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

+ Reply to Thread