+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By J. Tyler

Thread: F1 Rules Changes

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,004
    Liked
    887 times

    Default F1 Rules Changes

    Nothing too dramatic.

    Formula 1 - The Official F1 Website
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 02-14-2013 at 12:01 AM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,004
    Liked
    887 times

    Default

    One month to green!

    In addition to the regular Track HQ F1 pool, do you think it would be worthwhile for a separate, pre-season pick of the top 3 drivers in the final drivers' championship standings?

  4. #4
    Smack-Talkin' Member J. Tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,991
    Liked
    165 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    One month to green!

    In addition to the regular Track HQ F1 pool, do you think it would be worthwhile for a separate, pre-season pick of the top 3 drivers in the final drivers' championship standings?
    I don't know, to me that is more of a gambling crap-shoot rather than a calculated guess...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,004
    Liked
    887 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. Tyler View Post
    I don't know, to me that is more of a gambling crap-shoot rather than a calculated guess...
    You are probably right. Not worth the bother - specially for a data driven winner such as yourself.

    My stab:

    1. Vettle
    2. Alonso
    3. Button
    4. Weber
    5. Raikonen

    Kimi seems like the biggest wild card. Tire strategies will play a bigger role this year. On several of the tracks - including Melbourne - they are going to require 2 categories of hardness separation for tires.

  6. #6
    Senior Member fatbillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    by the beach
    Posts
    2,088
    Liked
    1720 times

    Default

    I can hardly wait to race at COTA next month. It will be interesting to see how that experience alters my perception of what is going on during the 2013 F1 race.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,004
    Liked
    887 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    I can hardly wait to race at COTA next month. It will be interesting to see how that experience alters my perception of what is going on during the 2013 F1 race.
    Please, more details. I must not have been paying attention. What race are you running in? This sounds great!

  8. #8
    Senior Member fatbillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    by the beach
    Posts
    2,088
    Liked
    1720 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Please, more details. I must not have been paying attention. What race are you running in? This sounds great!
    It is just a SCCA national club race. But I am excited to run on a new track and the newest F1 track and looking forward to some Texas bar-be-que. Another racer is transporting my car so I can be lazy and fly in. I'm banking on being totally confident in my car prep. I'm bringing one set of new tires, a tire gauge and a torque wrench for lugnuts and nothing else.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,004
    Liked
    887 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    It is just a SCCA national club race. But I am excited to run on a new track and the newest F1 track and looking forward to some Texas bar-be-que. Another racer is transporting my car so I can be lazy and fly in. I'm banking on being totally confident in my car prep. I'm bringing one set of new tires, a tire gauge and a torque wrench for lugnuts and nothing else.
    Wow. I am impressed. History in the making . . . . .you could be the first Track HQ contributor to test the Texas tarmac.

    Save some video for a qualifying or practice lap to show us a the non-defensive line at COTA. Maybe even a voice over. And some BBQ photos . . .

  10. #10
    Smack-Talkin' Member J. Tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,991
    Liked
    165 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Wow. I am impressed. History in the making . . . . .you could be the first Track HQ contributor to test the Texas tarmac.

    Save some video for a qualifying or practice lap to show us a the non-defensive line at COTA. Maybe even a voice over. And some BBQ photos . . .
    That Time Attack guy Billy Johnson has driven it 2 or 3 times now...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts