+ Reply to Thread

Thread: F1 2015 Engine Development Loophole

Liked
    887 times

Default F1 2015 Engine Development Loophole

Vague homologation language will allow significant development after Feb. 28, which may lead to advantage for big budget teams.

F1 teams can develop engines in season after FIA admits loophole - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Ironically, Honda could be held to a more restrictive standard; but I will personally be very surprised if they are:

"NO DEVELOPMENT FREEDOM FOR HONDA

The interpretation that allows Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault to bring in developments over the course of 2015 will not apply to Honda because it is a new manufacturer.

Although the regulations do not specifically state dates for the Japanese car maker to submit its homologated unit, the FIA is standing by its view that it must stick to the February 28 date that the current manufacturers faced last year.

The Whiting note added: "As the existing manufacturers were obliged to homologate their power units by 28 February 2014 it would seem fair and equitable to ask a new manufacturer to homologate their power unit before February 28 2015.

"We therefore consider this to be a requirement for a new power unit manufacturer."
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 01-04-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Liked
    1485 times

This totally phucks Honda . . . You definitely want to bet against McLaren in this season's trackHQ F1 Challenge.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 01-04-2015 at 04:56 PM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    887 times

It sure does.

But I have to think that this ruling will be changed. They are already at a huge disadvantage; and I would think the FIA would not - in view of its own mistake - add insult to injury.

+ Reply to Thread