+ Reply to Thread

Thread: F1; Hamilton Gets a Haircut

Liked
    887 times

Default F1: Hamilton Gets a Haircut

Trackside Scuttlebutt -

"Hamilton offered a paycut for his services:

Sources from Italy are reporting that Stuttgart is playing hardball in their contract renewal negotiations with 2014 World Champion Lewis Hamilton.

With his current contract due to expire at the end of this year, and with Mercedes in the comfortable position of having a dominant car they are apparently refusing to accede to Hammy’s cash demands and have offered a three year contract with remuneration of ‘just’ 20 million Euro a year.

Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda are handling the negotiations with the British World Champion which sheds some light on Wolff’s recent comments about Fernando Alonso being a possible candidate for the second Mercedes seat in 2016.

Of course with the Spaniard and Sebastien Vettel both earning in the region of 30 million annually – the offer to Lewis appears on the low side, but the Brackley team have added a performance related clause to the negotiations whereby every race victory will earn Lewis an extra million and he would receive an additional 5 million for winning a third title.

In a Silver Arrows as dominant as the 2014 machine, this should be a simple decision. But with the FIA backtracking on engine freeze rules and a number of technicians leaving the German team – the chances of a similar level of domination will evaporate as surely as any dominant period has inevitably done so in F1 history."
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 01-13-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Liked
    1485 times

Does anybody here care how much money F1 drivers will make in 2015? If so, maybe William should have a points category in the F1 Bench Challenge for driver salary vs. driver success . . . And if that's the case, because Pastor Maldonado pays $$$ Millions for his seat at Lotus, shouldn't anyone betting against him win unlimited points?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    145 times

This is typical of Mercedes; they wanted Button to take a pay cut just after he became world champion, Shumacher 7 time world champion took his time, and both gone. What is more important a legacy or money?
    Last edited by Johnny_Se7en; 01-14-2015 at 07:23 PM.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    887 times

Lots of moving pieces:

F1 News: Mercedes Will Target Alonso If Hamilton Renewal Falls Through

Meanwhile:

"John Watson cautious on Mclaren future

Ex Mclaren F1 driver John Watson believes it will take a minimum of two years before Mclaren are in a position to fight for legitimate victories: “I think it will take some time for the entire package to function properly and bring Mclaren back to the levels they are accustomed to. It is much more difficult than in the past when they ruled the world because the restrictions imposed on testing has been very damaging for many teams.”

“For a team looking to get back to the top and dominate as Ron Dennis has suggested is not a simple path. I think it will take a minimum of two years to reach consistent levels and most likely three to be able to dominate” he concluded knowing the fans of the team will have to show a little more patience as the Woking team continues to strive for further title glory.”
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 01-14-2015 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread