+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard EVO

Thread: Dodge Viper returns to international racing

Liked
    2362 times

Default Dodge Viper returns to international racing

upviper.jpg

SRT Motorsports has partnered with Riley Technologies, based in Mooresville, N.C., on the design-and-build process of the new SRT Viper GTS-R. Two identical SRT Viper GTS-Rs will compete in the production-based GT class in the series. Four drivers currently are signed to drive including Dominik Farnbacher, from Ansbach, Germany; Marc Goossens from Geel, Belgium; Ryan Hunter-Reay from Dallas and Kuno Wittmer from Montreal. Additional driver and team announcements will be forthcoming.

Click here for the rest of the story and more photos:

Dodge Viper returns to international racing | Racecar Engineering

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

I love vipers but im not in love with the new car yet. I am sure it will grow on me but for now I cant stand those fkn led running lights that trace the bottom of the headlight housing.

Liked
    116 times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
    I love vipers but im not in love with the new car yet. I am sure it will grow on me but for now I cant stand those fkn led running lights that trace the bottom of the headlight housing.
    Dissagree,

Hands down one of my absolute fave looking cars of all time. I fell in love...

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

i like everything else but those stupid running light, probably because I see the same douchebag in a blue bmw driving down my street every single day with an absolutely horrid retrofit of said lights.

Liked
    1485 times

It's got a manual gearbox and clutch pedal. I love it. Just now reading about the new street Viper in the 4/16/12 issue of AutoWeek.
    Neocataboi likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    29 times

The car looks good. Running these heavy monsters is nuts though. The cost of the consumables is in the holly crap all creatures big and small range.

Liked
    53 times

Car looks awesome. Good stuff at Riley Technologies!

Liked
    481 times

Have to say, I'm a big fan of Vipers. They are sooooooo fun to drive. But yeah tires and the fuel to run one... Ouch!

+ Reply to Thread