+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Chevrolet introduces 2016 corvette z06 c7.r edition

Liked
    1493 times

If GM wants to sell out, I figure let them sell out. Maybe they needed to whip together a pile of cash for this midship engine C8 project.

Liked
    1720 times

Who would have thought the man's car of 2016 is not the C7R but the Global spec ND Miata. GM you Fail.
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    That's a hackneyed stereotype.

American cars aren't crap. Ford is kicking ass just about now. I'd wager the average Ford has less chance of falling apart or losing half it's value 20 minutes after being sold than your average Mercedes Benz.
    Hackneyed my ass. Which would you rather have, a Porsche, or an equally priced Corvette C7 Z06 Z07 yada yada yada, it couldn't put the power down to the wheels to save it's nasty "the U.S. Government saved GM in Bankruptcy Court, so if your key fob in your Chevy blew up your car and killed you a few years ago, tough $h!t . . . you get NOTHING"
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1485 times

And another thing . . . As far is I know, the German government has never had to bail out Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, or VW.

Has the Japanese government ever had to bail out Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, or Subaru? I don't think so . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1720 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    And another thing . . . As far is I know, the German government has never had to bail out Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, or VW.

Has the Japanese government ever had to bail out Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, or Subaru? I don't think so . . .
    How much does the problems of american automakers have to do with the demand of unions and american unionized laborers?

I have owned P-bugs. I'll take the C7 even with its known shortcomings.

Liked
    807 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    How much does the problems of american automakers have to do with the demand of unions and american unionized laborers?.
    Sensitive area. I had family that were blue collar union employees and family that were white collar. I remember more than a few holiday gatherings were the "Union Discussion" got a little hot, particularly when participants were full of liquid holiday cheer.
    Yer pal,
    Force

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2585 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Hackneyed my ass. Which would you rather have, a Porsche, or an equally priced Corvette C7 Z06 Z07 yada yada yada, it couldn't put the power down to the wheels to save it's nasty "the U.S. Government saved GM in Bankruptcy Court, so if your key fob in your Chevy blew up your car and killed you a few years ago, tough $h!t . . . you get NOTHING"
    Perhaps more to the point, I would take any Ford built in the last 5 years to any VW ever built.

Generically categorizing all US made cars as crap while ignoring things like facts is expected rhetoric from a liberal like yourself.

Oh yes, I'd take a Viper ACR over any Porsche at the same price.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    1493 times

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2585 times

WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2