+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree385Likes

Thread: Ford GT350R thread

"Shoe"
    Liked
    572 times

I need to reach out to some karting people, I've been out of it for a while. Wet chain lubes we're always a mess. I had the best success with this special home made wax (a modified surf wax) on my chains. Worked way better than wet lubes and I had less resistance and less crap gummed up the chain.

I wonder how well the dry lube would work on the chain of a kart or bike. The dry lube would reduce collecting dirt and grime and the nano particles are deposited on and IN to the metal (60,000 nano particles are needed stacked end to end to reach the width of a human hair) to reduce friction and I'd love to see how it works on a high performance chain.

Seriously, spray that dry lube into your door lock and use it to clean the door bolt itself... And get back to me.
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Stock exhaust has the best of both worlds from quiet to loud, and A LOT of testing was done to the clutch an exhaust to balance the vibration frequencies to prevent failures. Changing them will create an I'm balance and will break things in time.
    Thanks, the reason I asked is because I've been a little interested in getting long tubes for it. If I did, I would everything behind the x-pipe stock. I do love the stock sound, but it's hard for me to look at the stock headers with those pronounced kinks and folds and not think they're sacrificing some power for what I assume are assembly and sound quality reasons. (it seems they went out of their way to make sure it didn't sound like a typical FPC V8). But I hear you on the vibration concerns. I know that the Kooks system at least transfers over the vibration dampers (vibration ding dongs?) to the new system. Whether or not that's enough in the long run, I don't know. I'll be happy to wait a year or so and see if other are experiencing any issues though.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    572 times

Removing cats picks up 7-10whp. Long tubes don't make much over 5whp from that. The "15whp" gain from long tubes are largely due to removing the cats.

Going to long tubes makes the exhaust a HELL of a LOT LOUDER and it picks up a bit of a tinny rasp. It won't sound more Ferrari like because the majority of the sound is due to the large displacement, long stroke, intake manifold and general architecture of the 5.2L. oh yeah, and the fact the piston is an Up, down, up, down config rather than the typical up, down, down, up orientation.

The stock headers flow quite well and the dampers are specifically tuned (with A LOT off effort) to balance the stock exhaust. Putting them on long tubes won't make it work. It may be a little better than nothing, but maybe not. I'm sure you'll see cracked headers right and left and people blaming the mfg rather than realizing it's the vibration if the unbalanced exhaust. Just don't touch it it be prepared to break the exhaust and other things.

Liked
    242 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Badass x 2

Attachment 11153
    Nice photo but no mullets and visible gold chains. FALE!

Seriously, congrats guys!
    bellwilliam and e5pr1t like this.

Liked
    2220 times

NanoPros oil stabilizer treats up to 5 quarts. Since the GT350 has a 10qt capacity, replace 2qts with NanoPro.
    Is this the stuff?

NanoProMT - Advanced, Nanotechnology Lubricants

NanoProMT Oil stabilizer NDT32OS - Read 2 Reviews on NanoProMT #NDT32OS
    Last edited by Olitho; 07-31-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    bellwilliam likes this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    2336 times

Quote Originally Posted by MikeColangelo View Post
    Nice photo but no mullets and visible gold chains. FALE!

Seriously, congrats guys!
    Thanks. It takes a while to grow out a mullet. Picture was taken 10 minutes after purchase at Oklahoma. Then we drove 1,400 miles back. Just got home.

I am definitely for keeping mostly stock.
    Only mod I see in the future is lighten the car. Low hanging fruits are battery and seat. Probably not the seat. Recaro looks light
    Also gain another degree of camber (more for tire wear) through crash bolt or camber plate.
    What other basic mods do you recommend, Billy ?

Btw, dash reads out every fluid temp there is (including oil, trans, diff, cylinder head and air intake), but don't include coolant temp reading !!
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 07-31-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

"Shoe"
    Liked
    572 times

Oli - yes

William - battery on the trunk, single piece recaros will still be lighter, 350R rear seat delete, SRF fluid, grind the knurling off the strut bolts to get -1.75* front camber, or camber plates. Always let the oil warm up to 140-170* before besting on it or revving it at a car show, enjoy it
    bellwilliam and bawareca like this.

Liked
    57 times

OK...here is my review after 1400 miles of bonding with the car & drive back with William. It is superb. We all know about the performance & handling of this car, and I have not driven this car on the track yet. I will try to point out more not solely on the performance but instead the whole experience...

I'll start with the CONS first because I have to be super picky to come up with any complaints I have for the GT350

CONS:

No coolant temp reading, just the gauge which didn't tell me much

Oil temp was a little on the high side (I will give the NanoPro a try since I intend to do my oil change right away)

Steering is a tad on the light side for comfort & normal. And the tramlining in sport mode.

The driver side HID projection is a little high...it blinds William a little when I was following him through the desserts

Could have a little more power in 6th gear

Mustang drivers trying to race us lol

PROS:

The overall driving experience, highway or street. Especially in the loud exhaust mode. The combination of great handling, power & sound, it was insanely good.

The VERY AFFORDABLE extended warranty plan. Paid $1820 for 8 years 75K miles bumper to bumper warranty. This is Ford extended warranty not 3rd party.

The linear power, it is fast & it is predictable

Good balance, good handling

Braking performance

The SOUND

The SOUND

The SOUND

Driving long distance while trying to break in the motor (vary rpm, load) was still pretty relaxed. Except when I'm trying to stay awake.

Super Tall 6th gear for fuel mileage

The car doesn't sit that low...in fact at some drive ways where my Charger Scat Pack or 997 would scrape, it didn't scrape with the GT350

Best shifter int he world

Nice Recaro seat

The GPS is far better than other manufacturers, entering address is like enter address on your smart phone, not starting from city to road to number that takes like 5+ minutes

The giant center console screen changes background color, white in day time, and black in night time

Very good quality alcantara on the steering wheel

Controls are easy to figure out

Heads Up Shift Light including F1 style.

The sitting position, I can see very well

The HID coverage. It has a very good cut out while I can see very well with the coverage & brightness at night

THE SOUND

THE SOUND

THE SOUND

The list actually goes on very long...and I can be typing all night. However, after a long flight & driving 1400 miles in 48 hours. My brain isn't working very well right now.

Anyhow For those of you considering one. The experience so far has exceeded my expectations in every way. You should check it out!!!

Alan
    Last edited by e5pr1t; 07-31-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    2017 Dodge Charger Daytona 392 - Daily
    2017 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - Tow Truck
    2017 Shelby GT350 - Track Car / Weekend Cruiser
    1991 SuperMiata - W2W Race Car

Liked
    57 times

Thank you Billy for the info.

I used to own a Lotus Esprit V8 with a flat plane crank V8. The vibration CRACKS everything. Every 6 months I had to remove something for re-weld. exhaust hanger, exhaust tip, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold heatshield, exhaust flange...etc. One time it even broke a header stud.

Very happy to know the a lot of efforts were put in to minimize or prevent things cracking!

Stock exhaust has the best of both worlds from quiet to loud, and A LOT of testing was done to the clutch an exhaust to balance the vibration frequencies to prevent failures. Changing them will create an I'm balance and will break things in time.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    572 times

Alan,

You can adjust the headlight, not enough power in 6th? -DOWNSHIFT! No manual transmission equipped car has remote start. It has a cylinder head temp reading.
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    2336 times

It has a cylinder head temp reading.
    you saying that's close to coolant temp reading ? I really don't know what the point of cylinder head temp reading.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

"Shoe"
    Liked
    572 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    you saying that's close to coolant temp reading ? I really don't know what the point of cylinder head temp reading.
    It's more accurate to the temp of the aluminum head. They're typically about 10* hotter than coolant but vary quicker than how slowly water temps change. Don't view them like coolant temps or you'll be worrying for no reason.

Liked
    57 times

Yeah...my brain wasn't working very well...I'll remove that remote start from Cons. Forgot about the manual tranny part lol

I'll look into adjusting the headlight...

Like I said...the CONS was what I had to be super picky. I was actually very happy with the car.

Alan,

You can adjust the headlight, not enough power in 6th? -DOWNSHIFT! No manual transmission equipped car has remote start. It has a cylinder head temp reading.

Liked
    57 times

Good to know! At what temp we start to worry for the cylinder head temp?

It's more accurate to the temp of the aluminum head. They're typically about 10* hotter than coolant but vary quicker than how slowly water temps change. Don't view them like coolant temps or you'll be worrying for no reason.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    572 times

CHT is never a problem, oil temps will trip fail-safes first. On a hot day, they will run around 290-300* (which is fine), but won't start pulling power until above 300*.

I forgot to add: Change your oil filter out to the new cartridge style an make sure you tighten it properly!!!!

Liked
    2336 times

I forgot to add: Change your oil filter out to the new cartridge style an make sure you tighten it properly!!!!
    I have the early 2017, so spin on. Alan has late 2017, so catridge type. Is it easy to swap out the filter housing ? To catridge type. I was also worried it might affect warranty.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2467 times

It would be nice to know what VIN/badge # is the crossover for the cartridge oil filter. I haven't checked mine yet. Info is probably on Mustang6g forum.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2 times

The GPS is far better than other manufacturers, entering address is like enter address on your smart phone, not starting from city to road to number that takes like 5+ minutes

The giant center console screen changes background color, white in day time, and black in night time
    I'm jealous of you 2017 guys with your big nav screens.

Seriously though, it was annoying that for 2016, you couldnt get the track pack with the better tech. They did the same thing on the first year of the Boss.
    Last edited by chopsui; 08-01-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Liked
    2 times

Billy,

What do you recommend as far as Trans and diff fluid change intervals? Worth switching to anything other than the OEM fluids?

"Shoe"
    Liked
    572 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    I have the early 2017, so spin on. Alan has late 2017, so catridge type. Is it easy to swap out the filter housing ? To catridge type. I was also worried it might affect warranty.
    Easy to swap, it's an upgrade. Will not affect warranty, and is encouraged because it's far better and more reliable. I was apart of the testing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by chopsui View Post
    I'm jealous of you 2017 guys with your big nav screens.

Seriously though, it was annoying that for 2016, you couldnt get the track pack with the better tech. They did the same thing on the first year of the Boss.
    ...Because the 2017s are heavier, more expensive, and has a bigger gas-guzzler tax that the 2016 avoided. The 2016 Track Pack is lighter and slightly better for the track because of it, so hang that over the head of 2017 owners, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chopsui View Post
    Billy,

What do you recommend as far as Trans and diff fluid change intervals? Worth switching to anything other than the OEM fluids?
    I'm not sure at the moment. I wouldn't personally change it that excessively, since the coolers prolong the life of the oils far better than a non-cooled 2016 tech or base package, or non-cooled GT.
    chopsui likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast