+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Ford GT350R thread

Liked
    1452 times

Quote Originally Posted by JulioG View Post
    What gives???
    What gives is...let me summarize your post. "What is hot is hot. What is not is not." You are 100% correct.
    bawareca and JulioG like this.

Kam
    Liked
    83 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Your lines were quite a bit better when you were following William. You stayed on half throttle through T1 (judging by the way the car was moving around, or lack of, I think you could have been half throttle on PSS).

You carried more entry speed into T2 when following William (not just because the tire).

You got off the brakes and carried more speed into T3.

You carried A LOT more speed in to Turn 4 when following William (although you're way too far to the left, stay left of center, turn-in earlier, and carry more entry speed down to the apex. Don't touch the throttle until the apex. On your first PSS run, you parked the car on the left side of the track, then accelerated to the apex. You can probably gain almost half a second there.

William was way too far to the right on entry of T5.

Entry for T7, Wiliam was way too far wide, you tend to be way too tight and hugging the left from exit of 6 through turn 7. I'd split the difference. Track out of 6, then get back to mid track, and carry full throttle as far into T7 as possible before lifting or tapping the brakes to load the RF through 7 until setting up for T8 (bowl).

Turn 8, you parked the car on entry on PSS, then accelerated down to the apex (leaving a couple more tenths there). On your second run following William, you carried more entry speed and turned in earlier - NOT due to the tires, due to you charging the corner more in 'attack' mode, following william. I'm not sure where he was going in T8, but your tighter line was much better.

Looks fine and stable From T9-11.

from T12-14 (onto front straight) can probably charge the entries a little more.

Overall, looked like fun, and I don't doubt the RS4 being a faster tire than a PSS, but in both laps, there were some small things on the line that can probably pick you up a second or so...

This was helpful for me... thanks. It's nice to get a lap breakdown of people's videos, especially when I don't get to frequent a track (like SOW) that often.
    4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Liked
    143 times

Everyone that wanted or needed a car who waited when the market tanked in 2008 now has one. Less qualified buyers out there, higher interest rates. Car prices are too high.

20% of all open auto loans are subprime. Lenders have now reduced the amount of loans they will issue to buyers with credit scores under 600.

2017 mustangs are not moving at all. Buyers are waiting for 2018 gt. More power, 10speed auto, magnetic shocks. It will reduce the performance difference between gt350 and gt.
    Last edited by Silversprint; 08-09-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    JulioG likes this.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    2249 times

Quote Originally Posted by Silversprint View Post

2017 mustangs are not moving at all. Buyers are waiting for 2018 gt. More power, 10speed auto, magnetic shocks. It will reduce the performance difference between gt350 and gt.
    2018 Mustang GT with similar option as a GT350 MSRP around $53k. That's around $7k less. But you are getting a flat plane v8, a Shelby name (better resale), 8,250rpm redline, better tranny (the Tremec is really good), sound.

2017 Mustang GT will be heavily discounted by year end. Probably a really good value
    JulioG likes this.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    1452 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post

2017 Mustang GT will be heavily discounted by year end. Probably a really good value
    GT's manual box is made in china. Lots of complaints on stang forums. 10 speed Ford/Gm collaboration will be the way to go.
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    2249 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    GT's manual box is made in china. Lots of complaints on stang forums. 10 speed Ford/Gm collaboration will be the way to go.
    IDK. that 10 speed is brand new, and made by GM/Ford.... probably best to avoid in first couple of years.....
    BOWERSdaAZIAN and bawareca like this.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2334 times

Default Orange

Avery SW900 Gloss Orange. We're adding a broad metallic gray stripe down the center. The guys at Aerowerkz said removing the bumpers was "a beatch" and they do all manner of modern luxury and supercars. We had heard it was bad and yah, it is.
    We're taking advantage of having the bumpers off to install F & R Ford Performance tow hooks. Car doesn't actually have tow hooks from the factory. All the aftermarket options involve some disassembly of the body work to install them. Can't figure out why Ford didn't either include them or make it easier to add them.
    AeroWerkZ - Home

image000006.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    image000003.jpg
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2249 times

Took it to ACS, main thing was to test out the OEM brakes. short report:

showed up at 3:15pm. ran 2 sessions. 1:54.48 at ACS Roval. Bone stock 2017 GT350. 91F ambient temp. This was with traffic in Purple (low intermediate) group, so there are cars doing 2:30s. predictive showed that it could of been low
    53s or high 52s.

Also ran low on fuel by end of 2nd session, according to onboard computer, I got 5.4MPG !!!!! with a 15 gallon tank, I don't think this is a good enduro car

Of all track in California, ACS is hardest on brakes. I was fully expecting OEM brakes to fade by end of lap 1. In the session, I was able to go 3 laps before pedal becomes hard. Then I would do 1 cool off lap, and brake is back. Oil temp got to 280F (much better than 295F a week ago at SOW 101F day).

Also took Billy's advice on keeping OEM PSS under 38 hot. First session kept my eyes on TPMS. Yeap, once tires hit ~38psi, was immediately power sliding everywhere. 2nd session had them around 35 hot. Tires stays grippy for 1-2 laps. Then I would do a cool off lap, and grip would come back.

top speed according to AIM Solo was 152MPH (T1)
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-21-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    Olitho, BOWERSdaAZIAN and bawareca like this.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2334 times

John figured out why are there no tow hooks on the GT350. Billy never spun or went off the track and needed to be towed in so it was just an oversight.
    Olitho, bellwilliam and bawareca like this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    76 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Avery SW900 Gloss Orange. We're adding a broad metallic gray stripe down the center. The guys at Aerowerkz said removing the bumpers was "a beatch" and they do all manner of modern luxury and supercars. We had heard it was bad and yah, it is.
    We're taking advantage of having the bumpers off to install F & R Ford Performance tow hooks. Car doesn't actually have tow hooks from the factory. All the aftermarket options involve some disassembly of the body work to install them. Can't figure out why Ford didn't either include them or make it easier to add them.
    AeroWerkZ - Home

Attachment 11197
    That 3d splitter/undertray isn't legal for SPM, as it extends past the front wheels center line.
    Last edited by Johns_EvoIXSE; 08-21-2017 at 05:00 PM.
    1:46.3X @ BRP CW13 - 11/12/15 (400 whp, TD )
    1:26.82 @ WSIR - 10/12/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:22.7X @ SOW CW - 7/31/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:21.6X @ SOW CCW - 7/30/14 (400whp, Nt01)
    2:00.01 @ CVR CW - 9/28/13 (350whp, RS3)
    1:48.22 @ ACS - 11/23/13 (400whp, RS3)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13