+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: Ford GT350R thread

Liked
    1559 times

Quote Originally Posted by JulioG View Post
    What gives???
    What gives is...let me summarize your post. "What is hot is hot. What is not is not." You are 100% correct.
    bawareca and JulioG like this.

Kam
    Liked
    88 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Your lines were quite a bit better when you were following William. You stayed on half throttle through T1 (judging by the way the car was moving around, or lack of, I think you could have been half throttle on PSS).

You carried more entry speed into T2 when following William (not just because the tire).

You got off the brakes and carried more speed into T3.

You carried A LOT more speed in to Turn 4 when following William (although you're way too far to the left, stay left of center, turn-in earlier, and carry more entry speed down to the apex. Don't touch the throttle until the apex. On your first PSS run, you parked the car on the left side of the track, then accelerated to the apex. You can probably gain almost half a second there.

William was way too far to the right on entry of T5.

Entry for T7, Wiliam was way too far wide, you tend to be way too tight and hugging the left from exit of 6 through turn 7. I'd split the difference. Track out of 6, then get back to mid track, and carry full throttle as far into T7 as possible before lifting or tapping the brakes to load the RF through 7 until setting up for T8 (bowl).

Turn 8, you parked the car on entry on PSS, then accelerated down to the apex (leaving a couple more tenths there). On your second run following William, you carried more entry speed and turned in earlier - NOT due to the tires, due to you charging the corner more in 'attack' mode, following william. I'm not sure where he was going in T8, but your tighter line was much better.

Looks fine and stable From T9-11.

from T12-14 (onto front straight) can probably charge the entries a little more.

Overall, looked like fun, and I don't doubt the RS4 being a faster tire than a PSS, but in both laps, there were some small things on the line that can probably pick you up a second or so...

This was helpful for me... thanks. It's nice to get a lap breakdown of people's videos, especially when I don't get to frequent a track (like SOW) that often.
    4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Liked
    143 times

Everyone that wanted or needed a car who waited when the market tanked in 2008 now has one. Less qualified buyers out there, higher interest rates. Car prices are too high.

20% of all open auto loans are subprime. Lenders have now reduced the amount of loans they will issue to buyers with credit scores under 600.

2017 mustangs are not moving at all. Buyers are waiting for 2018 gt. More power, 10speed auto, magnetic shocks. It will reduce the performance difference between gt350 and gt.
    Last edited by Silversprint; 08-09-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    JulioG likes this.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    2356 times

Quote Originally Posted by Silversprint View Post

2017 mustangs are not moving at all. Buyers are waiting for 2018 gt. More power, 10speed auto, magnetic shocks. It will reduce the performance difference between gt350 and gt.
    2018 Mustang GT with similar option as a GT350 MSRP around $53k. That's around $7k less. But you are getting a flat plane v8, a Shelby name (better resale), 8,250rpm redline, better tranny (the Tremec is really good), sound.

2017 Mustang GT will be heavily discounted by year end. Probably a really good value
    JulioG likes this.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    1559 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post

2017 Mustang GT will be heavily discounted by year end. Probably a really good value
    GT's manual box is made in china. Lots of complaints on stang forums. 10 speed Ford/Gm collaboration will be the way to go.
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    2356 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    GT's manual box is made in china. Lots of complaints on stang forums. 10 speed Ford/Gm collaboration will be the way to go.
    IDK. that 10 speed is brand new, and made by GM/Ford.... probably best to avoid in first couple of years.....
    BOWERSdaAZIAN and bawareca like this.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2485 times

Default Orange

Avery SW900 Gloss Orange. We're adding a broad metallic gray stripe down the center. The guys at Aerowerkz said removing the bumpers was "a beatch" and they do all manner of modern luxury and supercars. We had heard it was bad and yah, it is.
    We're taking advantage of having the bumpers off to install F & R Ford Performance tow hooks. Car doesn't actually have tow hooks from the factory. All the aftermarket options involve some disassembly of the body work to install them. Can't figure out why Ford didn't either include them or make it easier to add them.
    AeroWerkZ - Home

image000006.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    image000003.jpg
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2356 times

Took it to ACS, main thing was to test out the OEM brakes. short report:

showed up at 3:15pm. ran 2 sessions. 1:54.48 at ACS Roval. Bone stock 2017 GT350. 91F ambient temp. This was with traffic in Purple (low intermediate) group, so there are cars doing 2:30s. predictive showed that it could of been low
    53s or high 52s.

Also ran low on fuel by end of 2nd session, according to onboard computer, I got 5.4MPG !!!!! with a 15 gallon tank, I don't think this is a good enduro car

Of all track in California, ACS is hardest on brakes. I was fully expecting OEM brakes to fade by end of lap 1. In the session, I was able to go 3 laps before pedal becomes hard. Then I would do 1 cool off lap, and brake is back. Oil temp got to 280F (much better than 295F a week ago at SOW 101F day).

Also took Billy's advice on keeping OEM PSS under 38 hot. First session kept my eyes on TPMS. Yeap, once tires hit ~38psi, was immediately power sliding everywhere. 2nd session had them around 35 hot. Tires stays grippy for 1-2 laps. Then I would do a cool off lap, and grip would come back.

top speed according to AIM Solo was 152MPH (T1)
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-21-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    Olitho, BOWERSdaAZIAN and bawareca like this.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    2485 times

John figured out why are there no tow hooks on the GT350. Billy never spun or went off the track and needed to be towed in so it was just an oversight.
    Olitho, bellwilliam and bawareca like this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    76 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Avery SW900 Gloss Orange. We're adding a broad metallic gray stripe down the center. The guys at Aerowerkz said removing the bumpers was "a beatch" and they do all manner of modern luxury and supercars. We had heard it was bad and yah, it is.
    We're taking advantage of having the bumpers off to install F & R Ford Performance tow hooks. Car doesn't actually have tow hooks from the factory. All the aftermarket options involve some disassembly of the body work to install them. Can't figure out why Ford didn't either include them or make it easier to add them.
    AeroWerkZ - Home

Attachment 11197
    That 3d splitter/undertray isn't legal for SPM, as it extends past the front wheels center line.
    Last edited by Johns_EvoIXSE; 08-21-2017 at 05:00 PM.
    1:46.3X @ BRP CW13 - 11/12/15 (400 whp, TD )
    1:26.82 @ WSIR - 10/12/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:22.7X @ SOW CW - 7/31/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:21.6X @ SOW CCW - 7/30/14 (400whp, Nt01)
    2:00.01 @ CVR CW - 9/28/13 (350whp, RS3)
    1:48.22 @ ACS - 11/23/13 (400whp, RS3)

Liked
    864 times

In today's Motor Trend Mercedes GTR v. Nissan GTR comparo:

Capture.JPG

Motor Trend: New Cars - Car News and Expert Reviews

Liked
    35 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    I'm playing the waiting game so I can replace my wife's Fiat 500 Abarth with a nicely discounted GT or Ecoboost with the Track Pack.

Liked
    717 times

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Logs View Post
    I'm playing the waiting game so I can replace my wife's Fiat 500 Abarth with a nicely discounted GT or Ecoboost with the Track Pack.
    Hmm, maybe you should go with a Camaro V6 just in case Ryan needs another engine in a hurry.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    1559 times

Am I the only idiot who thinks the GT with Eco/track pack could be a great car in SCCA T3 or T4? And since you can tweek turbos I bet you can make SCCA T2 power with less weight and petition to run there too.

Liked
    2485 times

Am I the only idiot who thinks the GT with Eco/track pack could be a great car in SCCA T3 or T4? And since you can tweek turbos I bet you can make SCCA T2 power with less weight and petition to run there too.
    Nope. Easy conclusion to come to. Great platform. I'd like to see one built. Could be devastatingly fast.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    2224 times

During the 2007 to 2010 Runoff the T2 car to have was the Pontiac Solstice GXP was the car to have. GM came out with the GXP and made a limited number (only 36 I think) with hand crank windows and wide wheels to game the rules by producing a production car that was really intended to win the SCCA Runoffs. That was the era where John Heinricy and other engineers designed and raced the cars. They built cars to win most of the Touring classes and they did so with astonishing regularity.

The GXP was a turbo'd car. I remember at the car's first appearance at the 2007 Runoff is was a Phoenix performance prepped car. They do a great job building cars and they had a intimate relationship with GM. On the grid on race day the Phoenix Pontiac sat on pregrid with a mysterious fog coming out from underneath the hood. Just before the start of the race they packed the whole intake area of the car with dry ice. They figured it would only last about five minutes, but it would give them a significant boost in power the first three laps and delay heat soak later in the race. Sure enough, with Don Knowles behind the wheel, combined with immaculate prep by Phoenix and the dry ice trick that GXP and another one driven by Bill Ziegler who did the same thing jump to an early lead. The battled out the race to the final lap.

My whole point with this missive is that a lot can be done with a turbo Mustang to help it win races.

In this picture the first four cars are GXPs and the fifth is a GM engineer in a Cadillac CTS-V.

wpf3159173_05_06.jpg
    Last edited by Olitho; 08-25-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    fatbillybob and bawareca like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    35 times

I hadn't thought about that...I need to keep these bad thoughts out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Nope. Easy conclusion to come to. Great platform. I'd like to see one built. Could be devastatingly fast.
    Fairly good weight advantage with with Ecoboost too, something like 170lbs less on the nose. I'm pushing for a BRZ/FRS but I think the wife is going to win out on this Mustang. Can't wait for the tire bill on that sucker.

Liked
    2485 times

I hadn't thought about that...I need to keep these bad thoughts out of my head.

Fairly good weight advantage with with Ecoboost too, something like 170lbs less on the nose. I'm pushing for a BRZ/FRS but I think the wife is going to win out on this Mustang. Can't wait for the tire bill on that sucker.
    We should have 18" 6UL's for the S550 by Q2/18
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1559 times

E,

Will those wheels be always 949 racing available or a limited run get them while they are hot?

Liked
    2485 times

E,

Will those wheels be always 949 racing available or a limited run get them while they are hot?
    You should always buy wheels from us as soon as you have money. If you have money left over after buying a set of wheels, buy more wheels. If you don't have quite enough left over for Wheels, buy a t-shirt.

We are a small company. Procrastinate at your discretion. We will continue producing any variant as long as there is demand for it.

Sorry if that does not specifically answer your question. We sometimes get customers trying to hold off until the last minute and asking us to prognosticate, see into the future. Obviously we can't so we just simply tell people to buy them when when they're in stock or pre-order if that is how they are offered..
    If the question is simply will these be a single production run and that's it, the answer is no. We have never offered any wheel that was a single production then immediately discontinued.
    Last edited by emilio700; 08-27-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    bawareca likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast