+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Ford GT350R thread

Liked
    38 times

OK, where are the MSRP dealers for the GT350? I contacted a few SOCAL dealers and they all have markups. This thread is bad and should have a warning before reading that you might end up with a GT350...
    Olitho likes this.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2400 times

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    OK, where are the MSRP dealers for the GT350? I contacted a few SOCAL dealers and they all have markups. This thread is bad and should have a warning before reading that you might end up with a GT350...
    There are none in CA. Standard in CA as of July 2017 is $5~15k over for GT350, $20-35k over for GT350R. I paid 5 over by going to a dealer deep in central CA, Los Banos. William got his for a bit under by flying to OK. Right before the last few 17's are sold, when 18's are showing up at dealers, you'll be able to get a '17 GT350 for sticker in CA I'm guessing.
    Problem is everyone else knows that so the last few dozen will go fast in November or so. I didn't want to risk missing out on a 17 then being faced with an '18 at full markup. Late in the model year is always the best time to buy a new car, preferably when the next years cars are arriving at dealers. It's a narrow window of opportunity though. Good luck!
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2283 times

last I read is a northern Texas dealer and the Okalahoma dealer (one I got) is letting GT350 go for $1k under MSRP. like Emilio said, all California (worse in SOCAL) is asking at least $5k over. There is an internet rumor that R can be bought for $5k over somewhere in southern Texas, but I couldn't find any that will even do $10k over.

let me know if you those dealer names.
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-07-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Lol, wasn't asking for a critique. I wouldn't read too much into the chase video. My car was 2-3s faster than Williams on hot tires so I was lifting everywhere and more concerned with positioning to keep William in the frame.

My fast lap video was my first hot lap on SOW in 6 months and first ever in the Mustang. Far from ideal driver inputs. As mentioned, I got within a few hundredths on overheated tires later. Didn't upload that video.
    Still WAY too wide on entry for T4
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    2400 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Still WAY too wide on entry for T4
    If you insist. And apparently you do.

Sometime I'll have to show you the data that proves otherwise. There are bumps all over Streets. Some slow the car and are best avoided, others not so much. On any given day, trying different lines, with the benefit of piles of data stored in your head, can pay dividends.

In any case..

/driver dick measuring
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    2283 times

I feel the need to join in....

I took a different line than Emilio through T4. I stay all the way on the right, because a Pro driver (Oli, his TransAm race license says "Pro") once told me his drives Vette that way. Vette driver is always right.
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-07-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    Olitho and heypal like this.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

If you view input as dick driver measuring then I won't comment anymore. I apologize you view my feedback so negatively.

I would love to see some data since from all of my laps there, i found it to be quite a bit faster with an earlier turn in and more entry speed in a variety of different cars. So unless things have changed the last few years with significant bumps on a tighter entry, I've had more success with a tighter line.

Liked
    2400 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    If you view input as dick driver measuring then I won't comment anymore. I apologize you view my feedback so negatively.

I would love to see some data since from all of my laps there, i found it to be quite a bit faster with an earlier turn in and more entry speed in a variety of different cars. So unless things have changed the last few years with significant bumps on a tighter entry, I've had more success with a tighter line.
    Personally, I generally don't comment or critique other drivers unless asked to do so. That you are so insistent is odd. As it if it mattered a lot.

The "you're doing it wrong" doesn't always sit well with folks, particularly if they didn't ask your opinion. Just my .02

Let's agree to disagree and move on ok?
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

...and this is why I don't like posting on forums. Tough to talk shop with "friends" without offending people.

You've been asking a lot about the car, seem to care about my insight and info, and I just innocently commented on what I saw in the video that stuck out as different and off. Instead of responding with "I've never had good luck with that line, and I'll show you some data later", you took offense to feedback, explained how those weren't fast laps, and ended with disagreement, which is fine.

Whether you post on an open forum or tight know community, you'll always get unsolicited feedback from all walks of life. I thought we were all friends here but noted for future reference.
    Loose Caboose likes this.

Liked
    51 times

The "you're doing it wrong" doesn't always sit well with folks, particularly if they didn't ask your opinion.
    Oh the irony! A small, well intentioned, suggestion on a different line through a single corner.... illicits this response? I open a thread.... clearly excited about a $30K race car we're building and Emilio ****s all over the idea telling how wrong the idea is and how there's much better choices.... then hides behind the "just trying to be helpful" vale.

I think someone is too accustomed to dishing it out, but clearly has a problem taking it. Sheesh!

Liked
    2400 times

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTech View Post
    I think someone is too accustomed to dishing it out, but clearly has a problem taking it.
    Find me one post where I "dish it out" on this forum (persistent advice where none is requested) and link it here please.

You are still butt hurt because you asked for opinions on your ST build. I offered my advice based on direct personal experience that you disagreed with. Never insulted anyone or name called. Not my style. Been downhill every since with you bud.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

If you are hanging the issue on "persistence", consider:

I made the comment on your wide entry, your excuse was that it wasn't a fast lap. However you were consistent with the wide entry so I despite not being your best lap, I still stood behind my feedback for T4. Your next excuse was trying different lines is a good thing (and it is), but I was just giving constructive feedback and discussing topics openly. It's a shame that you took it so negatively.

If egos are getting in the way of cordial discussions, I don't think I have more to add here...

Liked
    2400 times

I'm not upset. As I requested a few posts ago, I think we should just drop that subject. It's not important to anyone and doesn't add anything to the discussion. I didn't ask for advice. Got it anyway. Disagreed with advice. Got a counter argument on advice I didn't seek. Done.

Gents, lets move on shall we?
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    52 times

When I was researching for the GT350's. Gaudin Ford in Vegas would do 5K over for the yellow one (with black racing stripes) & 2.5K over for an Avalanche Grey one. Me & William went with the deals in Oklahoma instead. The Avalanche Grey one is sold at Gaudin now, so not sure if they'll still do 5K over for the yellow one, but it's worth try.

New 2017 Ford Mustang Shelby 2D Coupe in Las Vegas #7C4017 | Gaudin Ford

***********Update - this one has the convenience package...so no Recaro seats.***********

Last edited by e5pr1t; 08-07-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1991 SuperMiata, 139 rwhp - My SuperMiata Race Car!
    2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S - Daily Driver / Weekend Cruiser
    2015 Dodge Durango R/T - Family Car / Tow Vehicle

Liked
    51 times

You're so funny. Emilio... a real riot. Full of contradictions. Your enthusiastic post of your track videos was no different than my enthusiastic post of my ST build. You received a very minor, well meaning surggestion of a line through a single corner *based on a diffferent persons EXPERIENCE* and you are all wrapped around the axle thinking your manhood has been challenged. Yet, in my post *YOU* are a LOT more of a critique and self-appointed expert based on your experiences.....

So, yes, the parallels here are uncanny.

You are still butt hurt
    Never insulted anyone or name called. Not my style.
    Yeah, not your style. You are a real class act. No worries, we can move on. I think you fly your true colors for everyone to see.

Liked
    2400 times

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTech View Post
    I think you fly your true colors for everyone to see.
    Agreed.

/thread drift
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1486 times

Quote Originally Posted by e5pr1t View Post
    Me & William went with the deals in Oklahoma instead.
    1st in the words of that great American Rodney King..."Can't we all just get along?" I don't even own a Mustang and really value what Billy has to say about them. I like hearing it from someone who walks the walk and talks the talk.

2nd I think it would be a great trip to pick a car up near a bucket list track and go from the dealer directly to breaking in that motor on the track. You and William did it right! Two buddies flying in to each buy a GT350 and driving them back home...PRICELESS!
    Olitho, emilio700, e5pr1t and 3 others like this.

likes to left foot brake. passmenow's Avatar
    Liked
    80 times

Pro driver comments on T4, I'd be thinking to myself perhaps the other 9 corners were OK by the Pro.
    GT350 must be a fun car at the track and on way home.
    Olitho, bawareca and Loose Caboose like this.
    74 911 RSR+.
    88 Imsa Camaro.
    93 Imsa Camaro.

Liked
    2283 times

2018 is a short model year.
    GT350 - 7 months
    GT350R - 5 months

so for those looking to buy........2018 supply isn't better...it's worse. 40-55% less production
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-09-2017 at 09:58 AM.
    JulioG likes this.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    51 times

On one hand, inventories for some manufacturers are at a historical highs (GM has 100+ days worth of cars sitting in lots). On the other hand, all interesting & "affordable" cars remain limited production and marked up to hell. See M2, Civic Type R, GT350, those Dodge demon things.. and let's not even go into Porsche.. sales of their regular 911/718 models are significantly down YoY. What gives???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast