+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Ford GT350R thread

Liked
    2283 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    I'd guess around 1:50 in the R (what I did in a MP4-12C on non Corsa P-Zeros).
    Sigh....... are we really that far down the road now ? I remember making fun of S2K Challenge driver in t-shirt and shorts doing low 2:00 (faster than spec miata record in cage, suit, fire system, etc..). You telling me we are basically almost sub 50s in a $70k bone stock car right o ut of a dealership ?

At next GT350 Challege, stock class, we gonna see guys in t-shirt and shorts breaking 50s ? What have you done, Billy !!!
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-06-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    Olitho and bawareca like this.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2283 times

I still can't over the fact a factory LeMan driver answering my question about tire pressure of Street of Willow.

You are an idiot for buying any other track cars
    bawareca and Loose Caboose like this.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    76 times

I would imagine the car will feel more nimble on the carbon wheels versus a heavier, albeit wider, wheel? Ecspecially for jumping berms. But, I suppose the extra rubber makes up for it in lap time with higher min speeds and lateral g's?

I miss having a track car with air conditioning. These things looks like an absolute hoot to drive. Watched a few YouTube reviews on them, and they appear to have amazing value where you would not be able to replicate the performance in the aftermarket compared to the price you pay at the dealer. Best showroom stock track car ever made?
    1:46.3X @ BRP CW13 - 11/12/15 (400 whp, TD )
    1:26.82 @ WSIR - 10/12/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:22.7X @ SOW CW - 7/31/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:21.6X @ SOW CCW - 7/30/14 (400whp, Nt01)
    2:00.01 @ CVR CW - 9/28/13 (350whp, RS3)
    1:48.22 @ ACS - 11/23/13 (400whp, RS3)

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Emilio, they almost always run close to or at 300*F on oil. There nothing wrong with that, you're not hurting anything nor are getting limp mode. If you want to go down the path of engineering a better oil cooling system by all means go for it. A lower oil temp would be nice but there's nothing to be concerned about what you're running now.

I mention tire temps for the bespoke PSS on factory alignment. Too many people run pressures that are way too high on the GT350. Yes pyrometer readings should dictate pressures and alignment, but given oem tires and alignment, my recommendations are typically what ends up being the best.

...I'm still the same guy.
    Olitho and bellwilliam like this.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2400 times

I think you're right Billy. Modern oils and a high precision engine, 300 degrees is nothing to panic about.

Also agree with John that the GT350 represents the most bang for the buck in a modern track-ready car. Sure there are cars that are faster or cars with more ultimate potential if you modify the crap out of them but to just buy something and be able to do what we just did yesterday, no.

So on the way home from Streets I detoured up Angeles Forest Rd and down Angeles Crest Highway into Pasadena. It is been decades since I had that much fun on a canyon road. The sound of that engine echoing off the canyon walls, alternately bellowing and shrieking. Bliss my friends, bliss.
    Last edited by emilio700; 08-06-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    1486 times

What is the suspension like in the GT350 vs. the GT? Does the GT350 benefit from the Steeda mods like the GT or does it already have something like it?
    TESTED: Steeda Anti Wheel-Hop Package

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Probably, the 350 does not have any of those components. The main pieces are the subframe and differential inserts and subframe alignment kit. The Steeda clutch spring is cheap and easy to install and worth it if you dont like the light stock pedal feel.

Liked
    2283 times

Correction !! Timing shows (instead of AIM Solo) show 1:23.96 at SOW CW !!!

I can technically say it is a 23s !!!
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-07-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2400 times

My fast lap. AC still on, about 6psi too much pressure and still getting a a feel for the track and car combo. Fast lap was my first flying lap and it just got slower from there. Drove better later on but the tires were too hot so I never matched the 1:24.17.
    William just dipped under 1:24 with me in the car after taking a ride with me. Same thing, first flying lap then he got slower. Had I been patient enough to let the tires completely cool off, maybe a 1:23.6 in these conditions. No doubt a high 1:21 in say, 55 ambient with no wind.
    Nutty fast.

Me chasing William. He's on PSS, I'm on RS4. Otherwise the cars are identical 2017's.

bellwilliam likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    2283 times

yeap. I dropped .6 second after taking passenger seat. I was driving a Miata line through Chicane with 300% more power, and was yelling "mommy" every time I go through the Chicane
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    1486 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    I was driving a Miata line through Chicane with 300% more power, and was yelling "mommy" every time I go through the Chicane
    Does that mean you Miata drivers are having new respect for what it takes to drive with horsepower? You see there is more to us corvette drivers than fancy gold chains.

Our 2001 C5 T1 corvettes were near stock (thicker sway bar 380 rwhp) on Hoosiers. Oli consistently ran 1:19's at SOW and 1:27's WSIRiirc. The new C7 is now 2 generations from the C5 and I think much faster chassis than the C5. I'm not sure about the comparisons above. I always thought the comparo on the mustang was always against the camaro? I thinking that the C7 is way faster than the mustang but I could be totally mistaken. Maybe the mustang is punching above it's weight? I just wish the mustang FP350s factory racecar was more like $75k instead of $120K. I mean the GT with all the trimmings in $40k. So at 75k that would be a $35k premium for a lot less stuff, no warrantee, or any other legal obligations past selling a "body in white." At $120k that"s 3 times the cost of a top of the market GT!! Ford could sell the FP350s like miatas if the price was reasonable.

Liked
    2400 times

We never had lack of respect for any competent driver. Just like autocross, drag or drifting, a low hp/high grip car is a specific skill set. Just as driving a high hp/high grip car is it's own skill set. Skilled is skilled. Regardless of what you are driving.

Carl, I get the impression that you believe all Miata racers have never driven anything with power and are somehow "not aware" of what specific skills are involved.

IOW, save it man.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1486 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    We never had lack of respect for any competent driver. Just like autocross, drag or drifting, a low hp/high grip car is a specific skill set. Just as driving a high hp/high grip car is it's own skill set. Skilled is skilled. Regardless of what you are driving.

Carl, I get the impression that you believe all Miata racers have never driven anything with power and are somehow "not aware" of what specific skills are involved.

IOW, save it man.
    E,

My humor does not come off in my post. I have total respect for you guys in the miatas. I was not trying to offend. It was a joke...that failed.
    bellwilliam and Loose Caboose like this.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    Does that mean you Miata drivers are having new respect for what it takes to drive with horsepower? You see there is more to us corvette drivers than fancy gold chains.

Our 2001 C5 T1 corvettes were near stock (thicker sway bar 380 rwhp) on Hoosiers. Oli consistently ran 1:19's at SOW and 1:27's WSIRiirc. The new C7 is now 2 generations from the C5 and I think much faster chassis than the C5. I'm not sure about the comparisons above. I always thought the comparo on the mustang was always against the camaro? I thinking that the C7 is way faster than the mustang but I could be totally mistaken. Maybe the mustang is punching above it's weight? I just wish the mustang FP350s factory racecar was more like $75k instead of $120K. I mean the GT with all the trimmings in $40k. So at 75k that would be a $35k premium for a lot less stuff, no warrantee, or any other legal obligations past selling a "body in white." At $120k that"s 3 times the cost of a top of the market GT!! Ford could sell the FP350s like miatas if the price was reasonable.
    A GT350TP turns the same lap times as a C7 Z51. New tires on both, back to back, same driver, multiple tracks. GT350 has more downforce, wider tires, and more power. Makes up for its increased weight and poor front suspension (strut).
    bellwilliam and fatbillybob like this.

Liked
    2283 times

I bought my gold chain already.

On same size tires, pretty sure c7 z51 is faster. But c7 has a crappy seat, crappy shifter, engine that doesn't Rev past 7k. And again Chevy don't have their LeMan driver answering question here. Heck, didn't Chevy screw their own customers at LeMan ?
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    My fast lap. AC still on, about 6psi too much pressure and still getting a a feel for the track and car combo. Fast lap was my first flying lap and it just got slower from there. Drove better later on but the tires were too hot so I never matched the 1:24.17.
    William just dipped under 1:24 with me in the car after taking a ride with me. Same thing, first flying lap then he got slower. Had I been patient enough to let the tires completely cool off, maybe a 1:23.6 in these conditions. No doubt a high 1:21 in say, 55 ambient with no wind.
    Nutty fast.

Me chasing William. He's on PSS, I'm on RS4. Otherwise the cars are identical 2017's.
    Your lines were quite a bit better when you were following William. You stayed on half throttle through T1 (judging by the way the car was moving around, or lack of, I think you could have been half throttle on PSS).

You carried more entry speed into T2 when following William (not just because the tire).

You got off the brakes and carried more speed into T3.

You carried A LOT more speed in to Turn 4 when following William (although you're way too far to the left, stay left of center, turn-in earlier, and carry more entry speed down to the apex. Don't touch the throttle until the apex. On your first PSS run, you parked the car on the left side of the track, then accelerated to the apex. You can probably gain almost half a second there.

William was way too far to the right on entry of T5.

Entry for T7, Wiliam was way too far wide, you tend to be way too tight and hugging the left from exit of 6 through turn 7. I'd split the difference. Track out of 6, then get back to mid track, and carry full throttle as far into T7 as possible before lifting or tapping the brakes to load the RF through 7 until setting up for T8 (bowl).

Turn 8, you parked the car on entry on PSS, then accelerated down to the apex (leaving a couple more tenths there). On your second run following William, you carried more entry speed and turned in earlier - NOT due to the tires, due to you charging the corner more in 'attack' mode, following william. I'm not sure where he was going in T8, but your tighter line was much better.

Looks fine and stable From T9-11.

from T12-14 (onto front straight) can probably charge the entries a little more.

Overall, looked like fun, and I don't doubt the RS4 being a faster tire than a PSS, but in both laps, there were some small things on the line that can probably pick you up a second or so...

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    I bought my gold chain already.

On same size tires, pretty sure c7 z51 is faster. But c7 has a crappy seat, crappy shifter, engine that doesn't Rev past 7k. And again Chevy don't have their LeMan driver answering question here. Heck, didn't Chevy screw their own customers at LeMan ?
    Stock for Stock a C7 Z51 & GT3TP are similar in price and performance, and use the same PSS tire. Sure you can modify a C7 to be faster, and you can modify a GT350 to be faster as well. Saying a C7 will be faster with larger GT350 sized tires is saying the same as a GT350 will be faster with the same weight as a C7...

Liked
    2283 times

Billy: that chase video was end of the day. Just goofing around (trying to slide around). The 2 lap time difference between 2 tires was me driving. Same line, same sucky driver. So I believe there is a 2 second delta between the tires.

On those video. Emilio was on RS4 on both video.
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-07-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Feedback still stands for the lines.

Liked
    2400 times

Lol, wasn't asking for a critique. I wouldn't read too much into the chase video. My car was 2-3s faster than Williams on hot tires so I was lifting everywhere and more concerned with positioning to keep William in the frame.

My fast lap video was my first hot lap on SOW in 6 months and first ever in the Mustang. Far from ideal driver inputs. As mentioned, I got within a few hundredths on overheated tires later. Didn't upload that video.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast