+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: E46 trailing arm pocket failure

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif
    Liked
    338 times

Following this topic on another forum (GASP!). Some more details have come to light. It seems this car has been a race car since 01. It started as a body in white build by TC Kline (?) for pro racing so it has seen a lot of racing miles. So this chassis has seen some stress over the years and perhaps had some prior incidents that may/may not have contributed to the failure.

I'm still seam welding/plating my race cars though

Mark
    Last edited by markn; 06-01-2017 at 10:41 AM.
    bawareca likes this.
    AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports
    http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Liked
    2217 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    RE: window regulators. Keep the window seals healthy and it extends the life of the window regulators. I try to clean and lube the seals on the wagon with silicon spray every 90-120 days. It helps allow the window to release and move easier.
    Are you talking about the channels in the window frame that the window slides up and down in?

Liked
    723 times

Yeah. The seals/channels that frame the door. The silicone I have is some off the shelf spray. Use the tube that connects to the spray nozzle, like on WD40 cans. Spray it in there, no need to drench, but enough where you will need to clean the glass. Cycle the windows afterward, wipe the excess on the exterior of the seals and door seals. German cars all have unusual rubber engineering to them. They work great, but they do require a little cleaning and conditioning to keep them healthy.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    2217 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    RE: window regulators. Keep the window seals healthy and it extends the life of the window regulators. I try to clean and lube the seals on the wagon with silicon spray every 90-120 days. It helps allow the window to release and move easier.
    I must say spraying silicone in the channels is a lot more effective than I thought it would be. Thanks, Force.

Liked
    723 times

My pleasure. Glad it was helpful!
    Yer pal,
    Force

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2